Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Pershing posted:

Please pray for me after the disastrous events of today's trip to the 'Co.

https://twitter.com/usagisteve/status/1392572062091390980?s=19

Rest in piece, dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
drat. My heart goes out to you and the family.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Jesus, nsfw that poo poo for those of us at work.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

StormDrain posted:

Or there will be three on the floor like the last few months worth of trips for me.

Just sitting there. Tempting me.

Yeah, if you have the means to transport it home they seem to be pretty well stocked, at least at my local Costco. They had both the chest and upright freezers.

If you order online it’s $100 more.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Pershing posted:

Hope you at least ate the meat. Looks like the bun protected it.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Martman posted:

Hope you at least ate the meat. Looks like the bun protected it.

I yelled "gently caress", stumbled back inside and bought another.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I once saw someone drop their hotdogs as it was being given to them. The entire costco went silent as we all had a moment of mourning. The food attendant just gave them another one.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Has anyone bought an appliance at Costco? The LG fridge I have been looking at for awhile (very few fridges will fit the space we have) went on sale.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Has anyone bought an appliance at Costco? The LG fridge I have been looking at for awhile (very few fridges will fit the space we have) went on sale.

I got a fridge and they contract locally to deliver/install/haul away and the whole thing was very smooth.

My only complaint is that there are some small annoyances with the fridge related to the crisper drawer and the little lever for adjusting humidity that may have made me look at a different model if I had been able to check it out in person. None of the other appliance stores I went to had exactly the same model.

Overall would still buy there again.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I moved to a city with a costco a couple of years ago and now I'm tempted to buy one of those big plastic jars filled with cheeseballs just because I can.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Did not know Costco sells literal chest freezers

I want a chest freezer so bad

SO BAD

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

I moved to a city with a costco a couple of years ago and now I'm tempted to buy one of those big plastic jars filled with cheeseballs just because I can.

I sometimes get those with the utz pork rinds.

The biggest downside is those giant plastic jars barely fit in the recycling bin.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

priznat posted:

The biggest downside is those giant plastic jars barely fit in the recycling bin.

*points at head* Use the jars as the recycling bin.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Pershing posted:

RIP Costco150hotdog, which coincidentally was the name of a Warframe player in my squad this morning.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Johnny Truant posted:

SO BAD

My mom bought a pretty big chest freezer from Costco like 5 years ago for $200 I think on sale. She kept it in her garage next to the always open entryway door in Southern California. It worked perfectly all that time till she finally upgraded to an upright.

Such a fantastic purchase because you can stock up on stuff when it's on sale.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

*points at head* Use the jars as the recycling bin.

The solution is clearly to use them as space helmets

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

SO BAD

You have much to learn, friend

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pershing posted:

i dropped my sad ketchup and mustard containers on the way out to the car (cart hit a big bump in the parking lot and i could only save my drink and the dog) the other day and i was devastated. i cant imagine losing a whole dog like that. deepsst sympathies

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Get rid of ketchup forever for hotdogs and bring the onion back

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

infraboy posted:

Get rid of ketchup forever for hotdogs and bring the onion back

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
When the pandemic is finally over, we need to make sure the onion dispenser comes back, at any cost.

AT ANY COST.

PBUC

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm not gettin a hot dog until they have onions

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Hell Yeah posted:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I prefer my hotdogs without onions. They gave them out at my costco and I don't take them :smugbert:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hell Yeah posted:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

bagmonkey posted:

Am I remembering correctly that occasionally Costco has good sales on chest freezers? I'm looking to get one to compliment our tiny-as-gently caress one in the fridge, mostly because I'd like to have more frozen meats/veggies/single meals on hand. Also debating stopping by tonight even though I don't really need anything.
Costco and Best Buy are the go-tos for chest freezer sales usually; they come and go. They may get sold out fast once Slickdeals sniffs in on it. I bought both of my chest freezers from Best Buy when they went on sale.

Basic Search on Slickdeals gives you a spread on chest freezer prices over time. Looks like Walmart is doing a mild markdown on chest freezers, though it's YMMV B&M (Your Mileage May Vary; Brick & Mortar/local deal). This means the price probably won't show up online nor will you be able to order at that price for store pickup. You'd use Brickseek to search; which Brickseek can be really hit or miss since it relies on the retail inventory system, and anyone who has worked in retail can tell you about the accuracy of a store's inventory system (It's not accurate). However, it is harder for freezers to just walk out of stores, so...
Hisense 7.0 Cu. Ft. for $148

HiSense 5.0 Cu. Ft. for $129

Arctic King 5.0 Cu. Ft. for $129

Punch in your zip code; not seeing much in the way of stock on the HiSense 7.0; seeing a fair amount of stock on the Hisense and Arctic King 5.0. If a store says Limited Stock then in my experience it's very unlikely they have it. If they have anywhere between 3 and 6+ in stock then there's a good chance they have it. Click the "View on Walmart" button to see the product page on walmart.com

You'd have to walk into Walmart but at least you'd be able to store more of your Costco begotten goods.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Pershing posted:

Omg noo :qq:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i still get the hot dog. you cant afford not to.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

priznat posted:

I got a fridge and they contract locally to deliver/install/haul away and the whole thing was very smooth.

My only complaint is that there are some small annoyances with the fridge related to the crisper drawer and the little lever for adjusting humidity that may have made me look at a different model if I had been able to check it out in person. None of the other appliance stores I went to had exactly the same model.

Overall would still buy there again.

Same experience minus the complaints. Super easy, great price. PBUC

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine if they dropped a chicken bake?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think my house is half Costco rug now

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Geodude posted:

But hey - I got to try the new CHURRO!

It's good, much better texture and flavor than the previous one. It feels like an actual fair/amusement park churro now, and is worth the price increase at $1.50.
Now I remember why I was coming back here to post: I had the Churro today. It was dry. Very dry. Seems like it's packed with more sugar and cinnamon this time around though, but either this one was overcooked or left out for too long, or they just really need to add more moisture to these new Churros.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Word on the street is Pennywise has never bought a rotisserie chicken despite hanging out in the costco thread.

We feast on the bird then throw the leftovers into tacos or enchiladas.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Yaldabaoth posted:

I had a boss who kept two jars of those, one in his office and one where I worked, and me and a guy who worked on the same floor as his office bought like 6 more and kept slowly refilling his and he ate like 8 cheese ball barrels over the course of a week thinking it had been 2

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AKZ posted:

Word on the street is Pennywise has never bought a rotisserie chicken despite hanging out in the costco thread.

We feast on the bird then throw the leftovers into tacos or enchiladas.

Sshhhhhhhh!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pershing posted:

a dog with no onions or relish belongs on teh ground :colbert:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

The toppings ascended immediately

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Chinatown posted:

Note the little mustard cup on the car seat.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Poor guy couldnt even make it to the car to put on the condiments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
these caught my eye last trip: https://www.costco.com/royal-asia-vegetable-spring-rolls%2C-with-soy-ginger-sauce%2C-48-oz%2C-50-count.product.100442630.html

yes/no on them, costco thread

also is there a secret handshake I can do for the third-party wireless rep to get them to sell me an unlocked phone because everything I see says they won't