Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

My wife's back and on full time puppy duty so I'm ready to fuckin goooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Philip J. Fry posted:

Hey I'm here. Who missed me? Who thinks I'm scum for lurking hardcore? Lets get this poo poo out of the way right quick.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

dy, you have four pages of posts and your Steak case from what I can tell is 'dude is acting wyld.'

That's not a case. How is this your best vote?
He has like 1000 posts. You pretty much summarized my case - it’s that dude is acting wyld. There’s not a thing to point to. That’s it. If your read on him is not that, I don’t have anything that will change your mind.

The weird thing is that it seems like everyone more or less agrees with me that he is scummy as hell but no one is really willing to pursue it for some strange reason.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hmmm is that really his meta? Genuinely don’t know.

I don’t find him overly scummy this game but I agree with the general conceit that he’s not scumhunting very hard this game. I actually think his play has been similar to SNG thus far

Hal Insandenza posted:

I think this is decent

You need some original thoughts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dy. posted:

He has like 1000 posts. You pretty much summarized my case - it’s that dude is acting wyld. There’s not a thing to point to. That’s it. If your read on him is not that, I don’t have anything that will change your mind.

The weird thing is that it seems like everyone more or less agrees with me that he is scummy as hell but no one is really willing to pursue it for some strange reason.

'dude is acting wyld' is not a case I will ever vote. Show me why wyld = scum, and you might have yourself a partner.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote ilmucche

The only negative read that ilmucche has this game is on SNG. However, he votes somber twice on pure jokes/OMGUS-jokes. This is a scum player. I would bet dollars to pesos that ilmucche flipping scum means SNG is scum too and this is basic newbie distancing.

ilmucche posted:

NO GRILLING PUNS ALLOWED

##vote somber

ilmucche posted:

I'm willing to come back to SNG for this post

This as well after the flip

Like someone having scum leanings on a player is valid reason to vote for them, but SNG was saying they're leaning solus and then goes after sandwolf for... backing out?

ilmucche posted:

##vote somber

If you're going to feign as me, you should up your scum game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sandnavyguy posted:

It’s not a bus, but if it was, it’s a badly done obvious bus. In fact, I’m willing to push against this mucche pile by ##vote OA

Yeah, SNG and ilmucche are scum buddies.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think the SNG vote might be better based on yesterday stuff? Reading again.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
SANDWOLF HAS FIVE PAGES OF POSTS

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

If we don’t lunch Solus, which I’m starting to feel is a bad idea, then he should be forced to shoot for himself, so we can actually think about the implications of picking someone instead of shifting responsibility to an RNG

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote Sandwolf

After the Solus flip in light of him being town, Sandwolf actions are scummy to me. They were on board with Solus being scum leaning, and was actively thinking Solus was an issue, but then when there started to actually be a push for him to get voted, he changed his views that suddenly oh no he must be town. Based on his thought process pattern and the timing of his tune change, I think he knew Solus would get voted and decided to fall back and let us vote for him, then shake his head at all of us who did vote.

His primary reason is apparently he feels that Solus’ return seemed genuine and townlike, but I disagree, it was a null action at best, there was literally no other way to turn the tide of the vote regardless of alignment, and saying “yep I’m convinced he must be town” reads to me as too easy a persuauion for normally cautious Town-Wolf.

Eh, this is actual reasonable thought. Scum on d1 do like to talk negatively about a town elimination coming up, and I could see that being Sandwolf here possibly. I also forgot the Solus big post from SNG looks genuine.

Staying on ilmucche.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
17:18 to 17:37 of time invested. I am pretty confident that I found scum.

For those of you that say you can't play mafia due to time commitments, look at this catch up and case. It takes 15 minutes.

.random
May 7, 2007

Hi merk. All aboard the ilmucche express toot toot

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

K I'm caught up. ##vote SNG

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

17:18 to 17:37 of time invested. I am pretty confident that I found scum.

For those of you that say you can't play mafia due to time commitments, look at this catch up and case. It takes 15 minutes.

Yeah but what about all the time you spent saying you'd get to the game soon? That adds up.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway yeah I'm feeling good about my vote on good universe merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Anyway yeah I'm feeling good about my vote on good universe merk.

You’re voting me?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there are a lot of conflicting mindsets in thread but it seems we all agree on one thing: if mucche flips scum then sng is scum. and if mucche flips town then sng is scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh you’re voting fake merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

there are a lot of conflicting mindsets in thread but it seems we all agree on one thing: if mucche flips scum then sng is scum. and if mucche flips town then sng is scum

Lol

I think SNG looks ok in isolation. If illmuche flips scum though, he looks a lot worse.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I strongly disagree with the cold and calculated approach used for his vote on Solus. Just absolutely screams scum to me. It's an argument that's difficult to hold against someone yet compelling enough to excuse away a vote.

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote Sandwolf

After the Solus flip in light of him being town, Sandwolf actions are scummy to me. They were on board with Solus being scum leaning, and was actively thinking Solus was an issue, but then when there started to actually be a push for him to get voted, he changed his views that suddenly oh no he must be town. Based on his thought process pattern and the timing of his tune change, I think he knew Solus would get voted and decided to fall back and let us vote for him, then shake his head at all of us who did vote.

His primary reason is apparently he feels that Solus’ return seemed genuine and townlike, but I disagree, it was a null action at best, there was literally no other way to turn the tide of the vote regardless of alignment, and saying “yep I’m convinced he must be town” reads to me as too easy a persuauion for normally cautious Town-Wolf.

This is a v bad vote in my book. he jumped off the vote leader who ended up being town just to get town cred? And then you call him "normally cautious Town-Wolf? Isn't this him being cautious?

I know I'm one to talk about post count, so it's not specifically about that, but the fact that he's jumped in, thrown down a vote to appear active, then bailed out again.... well not before making sure he had a backup option:

sandnavyguy posted:

I really disliked OA’s weak jump to my post yesterday, I’d be okay with shifting there too.

sandnavyguy posted:

In essence, it comes off that OA knew the flip was going to be town, and thus didn’t put in effort to stop it but instead handwring so they can come back after the flip with a gotcha and say they knew where everything was going all along and what fools we are.

I think you could put that on a couple players in this game, it's not enough close to giving me a shred of scum vibes. But it's enough for you to vote him?

sandnavyguy posted:

It’s not a bus, but if it was, it’s a badly done obvious bus. In fact, I’m willing to push against this mucche pile by ##vote OA

Aaaaand there’s the shift off his first choice to his backup. Yep scum found. I’m good at this again.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Oh you’re voting fake merk.

Lawyers come from the evil universe Merk. You know this. It's what esq. means.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

this is true merk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Yeah, SNG and ilmucche are scum buddies.

no they're not and you're being thick as pigshit here

think critically, don't just find who's being voted for and pursue the exact same lines of thinking

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

this is such loving horseshit

mark my words, only ONE of SNG/mucche is scum, IF either one of them is scum, it sure as hell ain't mucche

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

y'know, nevermind, this is dumb and they're at the bottom of the draft order

mucche, SNG, and I are the masonry

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

CCKeane posted:

This is MOD CONFIRMED TRUTH

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

y'know, nevermind, this is dumb and they're at the bottom of the draft order

mucche, SNG, and I are the masonry

Well, I guess that works. Yes I’m in the masonry with Wolf.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

mark my words, only ONE of SNG/mucche is scum, IF either one of them is scum, it sure as hell ain't mucche

Wait, what? Why can't they both be scum? They drafted roles before scumchat opened.
The order is draft order -> Alignment -> role draft -> Meet your scumbros, right?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Though they still disagree with my arguments on things, I’ve walked throughmy arguments in there instead of in the thread, and that is indeed the missing link on our scum reads of one another. And I fully agree with Sand, illmuche is not scum from what I’ve seen.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Wait, what? Why can't they both be scum? They drafted roles before scumchat opened.
The order is draft order -> Alignment -> role draft -> Meet your scumbros, right?

If both of them are scum, they’re doing an extremely good job of selling it? SNG has pinged me in masonry, mucche has been mucche.

Alternatively, if they’re both splitting their conversation into two chats, I’m legit impressed

But I guess you’re right they picked their role before they got to chat with their scumbros, so they could both be scum, it’s true. So I guess I just outed us for nothing. So I guess I’m dumb!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Whatever I’ve been winking and nudging at the two of them in thread a bulk of the day and if one or both of them are scum they already know the contents of the masonry.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I am good with an ilmucche lunch. I think he's been unusually reserved with like meaningful opinions, compared to usual. I think he hasn't been as scum hunty as a town core ilmucche.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Fine no one comment on my case I don't care.

I do care cause I'm right.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would prefer to see a SNG flip before a mucche flip

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also if the scum could go ahead and PM me I’d appreciate it. I need to know who the team is before the end of the day.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No rush, just before EOD. Thanks.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Thank you, Steak, for your prompt response.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Whatever Hum's role is I want it

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Sandwolf posted:

Wooooosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I can confidently say I have no opinion on mucche at this juncture. I'll dig IRL tomorrow if necessary but I'm quite happy with my current vote.