Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

It's not my highest priority but I'm fine with the ilmucche vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Sandwolf posted:

mucche, SNG, and I are the masonry

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHICH ONE OF YOU CUT ME OUT

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

y'know, nevermind, this is dumb and they're at the bottom of the draft order

mucche, SNG, and I are the masonry

You feeling real good about that?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

You feeling real good about that?

if you can believe it, utterly indifferent

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

if you can believe it, utterly indifferent

Nah I meant about Ilmucche.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Nah I meant about Ilmucche.

I felt very good about it under the either/or dichotomy. Don’t get me wrong, he hasn’t been exactly super townie in masonry either, but he doesn’t seem very calculating either.

SNG’s case on me in masonry came after I called him out for being okay with you (Keane) dying, while thinking Solus might flip town, and not moving at all. I literally laid 1/9th of the blame at his feet. He came back and said “well your shift doesn’t look very natural to me, how were you so sure Solus would flip town?” and then I basically told him if he didn’t bring that case to thread I was gonna go after him hard, because I thought he was just trying to apply pressure back to get me to back off. But he did in fact bring it to thread so now I’m thinking maybe he’s sincere about it.

I’m okay with the idea of lunching one of them but I hate the implication that one of their reads will reveal the others reads when it feels like everyone is just missing chunks of the conversation that are happening in masonry.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I agree with Sandwolf.

Look, if I’m being realistic, my role is already out there so it’s not like I’m special or hiding anything with night actions or whatever, and if it comes down to it if I get lunched or NK’d town won’t really be that impacted losing an outed unconfirmed mason townie. But I really don’t see mucche as scummy in mason chat or in total with their posts in here, so I dislike the theory being batted around that my flip will suddenly make mucche look worse or vice versa when we are town, and then town be at risk of losing two townies to a false dichotomy.

Bottom line: I see mucche as town, regardless of when I flip town as well.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And again, I marvel at how OA has disappeared from everyone’s radar again

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

He’s good, gotta give him that

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Hmmmmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I felt very good about it under the either/or dichotomy. Don’t get me wrong, he hasn’t been exactly super townie in masonry either, but he doesn’t seem very calculating either.

SNG’s case on me in masonry came after I called him out for being okay with you (Keane) dying, while thinking Solus might flip town, and not moving at all. I literally laid 1/9th of the blame at his feet. He came back and said “well your shift doesn’t look very natural to me, how were you so sure Solus would flip town?” and then I basically told him if he didn’t bring that case to thread I was gonna go after him hard, because I thought he was just trying to apply pressure back to get me to back off. But he did in fact bring it to thread so now I’m thinking maybe he’s sincere about it.

I’m okay with the idea of lunching one of them but I hate the implication that one of their reads will reveal the others reads when it feels like everyone is just missing chunks of the conversation that are happening in masonry.

This does explain some interactions yeah.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

sandnavyguy posted:

Bottom line: I see mucche as town, regardless of when I flip town as well.

Scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummy scum scum scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alright 2008 was a good year.

##vote: Obama

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
OA is in a different time zone lol

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Somberbrero posted:

OA is in a different time zone lol

Yes but I don’t mean their posting, I mean the fact that anytime he’s caught any heat, at all, people come out of the woodwork to defend or shift momentum.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes but I don’t mean their posting, I mean the fact that anytime he’s caught any heat, at all, people come out of the woodwork to defend or shift momentum.

You're inventing this narrative out of nothing and it's very strange to me.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Philip J. Fry posted:

You're inventing this narrative out of nothing and it's very strange to me.

Except I’m not? And it’s provably true if you look at the thread and voting patterns?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Sandwolf posted:

He’s good, gotta give him that

If you're going to say someone is intentionally slipping off people's radars, and that they're doing a good job if it, you should probably vote them. Your case on Steak is far weaker in comparison to a read like that.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

sandnavyguy posted:

Except I’m not? And it’s provably true if you look at the thread and voting patterns?

Show your work. I can't prove a negative so please, enlighten us to the illuminati that are mysteriously shifting momentum and not just playing a game of mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

i empathize with thinking the solus vote is boring, but strongly disagree with your logic. a scum vig will always have the option to kill town. for one thing, the chances that the person town directs him to shoot is town will be high anyway. and if it's scum, he'd easily be able to wiggle his way into shooting a different person. because blindly following the advice of thread (which has scum in it) isn't townie behavior either. there is nothing in solus's behavior tomorrow or the next day that will elucidate his alignment. but it will probably result in a dead town.

im not advocating we lunch solus. im just saying you're wrong.

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway solus's posting has made me more alright with voting him

there's 1 day of time between these two posts and it's the only real relevant solus content steak posts in that time frame. steak's read on solus just feels fake when i read directly through his post history. he really doesn't commit to anything and his posting feels more forced as time goes on. just vote steak it'll be cool.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

D1, OA kind of lurking and white noise posting, draws scrutiny from Sandwolf and Grandi, wolf drops a vote and Grandi son the fence. OA then decides to give a lazy me too vote on me, with a throwaway excuse that makes no sense. Steak catches this and votes, followed by Grandi taking a closer look. Toal appears and begins a push on Keane and the convo about OA stops.

On page 24, OA is called out for saying how terrible the vote was, without backing, steak calls this out by saying it reeks, and you, Fry, come in to say that it’s not low hanging fruit in response to dy. And the convo trails off again

Today, multiple votes calling out OA for various issues, followed by several less active accounts such as random popping in and shifting the thread to mucche instead and quickly gaining votes despite having very little material.

I just find it odd that outside of small bubbles of multiple people (steak, Sandwolf, Grandi, Myself Keane, and others) stating hmmm perhaps there’s something there? There’s a sudden shift and then if someone mentions it we have to go through the entire casing process again from scratch because suddenly no one knows what OAs case might be?

I just find it odd is all, and apparently it’s worked before recently in their favor as scum. So I’m suspicious.

How exactly is this made up whole cloth?

.random
May 7, 2007

Not sure what to make of mason chat. If there’s been More Content posted by ilmucche in mason chat, that is helpful to know as it might explain the lack of it in thread. If it’s more of the same, I don’t think that changes my feelings immediately.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

sandnavyguy posted:

Toal appears and begins a push on Keane and the convo about OA stops.

you, Fry, come in to say that it’s not low hanging fruit in response to dy. And the convo trails off again

several less active accounts such as random popping in and shifting the thread to mucche instead and quickly gaining votes despite having very little material.

ilmucche has been posting weird all game, it's why I asked before if it's mucche meta or something. Do you disagree? Are we missing masonry context inthread?

Regardless of that though, you're accusing quite a large number of people here. Do you believe that you have uncovered the entire scumteam? Do you believe that some of these interventions are more likely to be scum-motivated than others?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Philip J. Fry posted:

If you're going to say someone is intentionally slipping off people's radars, and that they're doing a good job if it, you should probably vote them. Your case on Steak is far weaker in comparison to a read like that.

What’s your read on steak, OA, and SNG

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Obviously it’s hard for us to know what’s happening in the masonry

I don’t know why you’d give credit to SNG for bringing the case to the thread when you’d basically forced him into it.

Also why are you ok lunching either of them when you just spent multiple posts extolling how unlikely you thought it was that mucche was scum

I started this post as a way to call out SNG but now this feels like some Scumwolfing

##vote Sandwolf

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not going to vote Sandwolf.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maybe one of these days I’ll make a big post with quotes but I still think grandi is playing his scum game. I’m trying to give a bit of leeway for the couple sets of vaccination recovery but his whole game has just felt like a glide between surface reads and self conscious defenses. Plenty of hemming and hawing and forgetting who they were suspicious of. Keeps pinging me every time I catch up on his posts

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alright well tell me what the case on SNG woulda looked like, that feels like a weird vote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not going to vote Sandwolf.

That’s fine, but why?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Alright well tell me what the case on SNG woulda looked like, that feels like a weird vote

I didn’t like his D1 takes on Solus that were made based on assumptions on how Solus would be going forward. The OA stuff was ok but that’s basically all he’s talked about until he brought you up, but then that was only apparently because you forced his hand.

His most recent posts have a town feel to them though, and I still can’t figure out why you flipped to being ok to vote mucche after you guaranteed he wasn’t going to be the scum between him and SNG

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Insandenza posted:

That’s fine, but why?

I really don't know why Sandwolf would have made any of the moves he did as scum. How does the mason thing benefit scumwolf? It seems like there's a genuine chain of thought to his interactions with his crew, a logical progression. He's putting in some good consistent posting and is offering a lot of reads. It feels like you disagree with Sandwolf, I don't think that is a compelling reason to vote him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I really don't know why Sandwolf would have made any of the moves he did as scum. How does the mason thing benefit scumwolf? It seems like there's a genuine chain of thought to his interactions with his crew, a logical progression. He's putting in some good consistent posting and is offering a lot of reads. It feels like you disagree with Sandwolf, I don't think that is a compelling reason to vote him.

Mason thing being revealing it in thread?

Maybe I’m stuck on that last bit but that sure didn’t seem consistent to me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Do you always have a consistent idea of your mason partner's alignment?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not OK with voting mucche? I am okay with flipping one of them but I vastly prefer SNG. I was petitioning against, whatever the case, chain-executing them.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

dy. (3): Toalpaz, Mr. Steak, AT-LOW, merk, merk
ilmucche (3): CCKeane, Grandicap, .random, merk, CCKeane
Mr. Steak (3): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Sandwolf, dy.
ObamaAkbar. (2): Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, CCKeane
sandnavyguy (2): ObamaAkbar., Philip J. Fry
Sandwolf (1): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, Hal Insandenza
Somberbrero (1): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche
Hal Insandenza (0): dy., dy.
CCKeane (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 13th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 23 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Do you always have a consistent idea of your mason partner's alignment?

No of course not (we’ll sort of, I just pretend they are town so I can enjoy myself)

But that’s not really what I was saying!

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not OK with voting mucche? I am okay with flipping one of them but I vastly prefer SNG. I was petitioning against, whatever the case, chain-executing them.

Fine but that isn’t how it came off. You could have said added that extra bit to your original point, but even then that post feels off since you are kind of backing off your read of SNG during that post plus you’d already said you found illmuche to be quite unlikely to be scum. To conclude that with the “I’m ok with the idea of lunching one of them” with no qualification seems inconsistent.

I agree that a chain lunch is not good though

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

dy. (3): Toalpaz, Mr. Steak, AT-LOW, merk, merk
ilmucche (3): CCKeane, Grandicap, .random, merk, CCKeane
Mr. Steak (3): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Sandwolf, dy.
ObamaAkbar. (2): Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, CCKeane
sandnavyguy (2): ObamaAkbar., Philip J. Fry
Sandwolf (1): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, Hal Insandenza
Somberbrero (1): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche
Hal Insandenza (0): dy., dy.
CCKeane (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 13th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 23 minutes.

this vote spread is insane. no one is not voting, we have three candidates tied for first place at 3 votes.

i don't think dy is the best vote today and i'm not 100% sold on ilmuche. i would prefer steak.

if i were snooze this is where i would make some kind of insightful analysis about the voting patterns but i'm not

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
keane is playing a very quiet game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thinking about steak and the blatant hammering he says was to deny the scum the ability to hide behind the memory of murder thing... is steak really the type of player who is going to think “I gotta do this to help the town!”

Doesn’t feel like it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

this vote spread is insane. no one is not voting, we have three candidates tied for first place at 3 votes.

i don't think dy is the best vote today and i'm not 100% sold on ilmuche. i would prefer steak.

if i were snooze this is where i would make some kind of insightful analysis about the voting patterns but i'm not

I think at the moment from those top three my preference would be steak>dy>mucche

Dy does feel like he’s posturing a lot in this game

Mucche I just have like no feelings on