Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i built the HG GM Custom and it rules. this kit aged incredibly well, if it had an ab crunch it'd feel like a modern release instead of one from 2011.

and i used the EX Shine Silver gundam marker on the interior bit that the transparent visor snaps in over, which really worked out great

i just can't stop playing with this guy, and his joints all hold better than any other kit i've assembled. feels less like a model kit and more like an action figure, very sturdy and satisfying. you should get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I found out the p-bandai cast iron Zaku teapot went on sale like 2 hours after it actually went on sale and it was goddamn sold out already.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/nextphase2021spring/gunpla/

Yes of course it has both

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oh hey, they fixed it. I remember reading a thing about how everyone involved deeply regretted putting the canons on the shoulders because it was impossible to make a model kit of it where the shoulders weren't pulled down by all that weight. And they took that into consideration when doing the final design of the 00 which is why it's shoulder things actually connect to the back

Also, another badass MS from that IBO sidestory nobody cares about

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Also, another badass MS from that IBO sidestory nobody cares about

Is Domscythe there a Flauros given the Vidar treatment?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Midjack posted:

Is Domscythe there a Flauros given the Vidar treatment?

It's a different Gundam, the Gremory

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

also in plamo news

https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1392675973208891392?s=20

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

It's a different Gundam, the Gremory

Yeah, it's the only one known with a female pilot. Gjallarhorn officer, but not a total scumbag.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, it's the only one known with a female pilot. Gjallarhorn officer, but not a total scumbag.

It's the only female demon in the Ars Goetia iirc.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
loling at IBO Deathscythe's makeshift halberd and the pink-tipped wings and nails (because it's a girl, you see).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The RG Full Armour Unicorn is back in stock at my local store. Guess I know what I'll be doing...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
A third new 30MM model has been announced; The Espossito

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ok, well, that's gotta get painted up in Bruins colours with a 7 on the back

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
I couldn't post it yesterday afternoon when they got them in stock, but surprisingly NewtypeHQ still has the PG Unleashed available:

https://newtype.us/p/94r57Cb7gf2uyEnpOuqM/h/pg-unleashed-rx-78-2-gundam

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I am not gonna embed this for obvious reasons but someone made a Gunpla Dick.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Coward

its very impressive

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What is the best 1/144 scale Dom or Dom derivative kit to buy? A lot of them look like they're old as hell.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

What is the best 1/144 scale Dom or Dom derivative kit to buy? A lot of them look like they're old as hell.

They mostly are.

The best is probably the 2016 Dom Test Type from the Origin line, but it's less chunky than most Dom designs, so that might be a letdown. If you want newer and chunky, the R35 might be a good option, but I've heard mixed things about the joint strength there.

Even the original Dom isn't bad. It's from 2006, which is when you started to get the first decentish-by-modern-standards builds. (Powered GM, Zaku I, Palace Athene, ect.) It's going to show its age, but unlike, say, the original GM kit, it'll still be an enjoyable build straight out of the box.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd like the Unicorn Dom Tropen but it's P Bandai and I don't know if I'm willing to pay such a markup for a kit that has such old runners.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gripweed posted:

oh hey, they fixed it. I remember reading a thing about how everyone involved deeply regretted putting the canons on the shoulders because it was impossible to make a model kit of it where the shoulders weren't pulled down by all that weight. And they took that into consideration when doing the final design of the 00 which is why it's shoulder things actually connect to the back

I'm pretty sure the Virtue's final design always had the cannons attached to the backpack.

chiasaur11 posted:

They mostly are.

The best is probably the 2016 Dom Test Type from the Origin line, but it's less chunky than most Dom designs, so that might be a letdown. If you want newer and chunky, the R35 might be a good option, but I've heard mixed things about the joint strength there.

Even the original Dom isn't bad. It's from 2006, which is when you started to get the first decentish-by-modern-standards builds. (Powered GM, Zaku I, Palace Athene, ect.) It's going to show its age, but unlike, say, the original GM kit, it'll still be an enjoyable build straight out of the box.

I have the Dom R35. It's not a great kit and if you're looking for something more classically Dom it lacks stereotypical bazooka. Instead it has two shields with a gun and punch mode, but both are a tad underwhelming. The Gouf R35 is a much better kit that's both a build custom as well as a new take on an old classic. The Dom R35 not so much.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Argas posted:

I'm pretty sure the Virtue's final design always had the cannons attached to the backpack.

they are, it's pretty easy to see around the armor purge at 0:46 here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmuWYiwXXJg

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

sassassin posted:

loling at IBO Deathscythe's makeshift halberd and the pink-tipped wings and nails (because it's a girl, you see).

That hood gimmick is sweet though and I like the horns. I'm def picking up one

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

sassassin posted:

It's a broken anchor.

Also it's rad as hell and I'm definitely picking one up.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Sea Lily posted:

i built the HG GM Custom and it rules. this kit aged incredibly well, if it had an ab crunch it'd feel like a modern release instead of one from 2011.

and i used the EX Shine Silver gundam marker on the interior bit that the transparent visor snaps in over, which really worked out great

i just can't stop playing with this guy, and his joints all hold better than any other kit i've assembled. feels less like a model kit and more like an action figure, very sturdy and satisfying. you should get one.

Yeah! I used the arms on my Jegan kitbash because they're just good as hell. Other than the lack of abcrunch its great.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

They mostly are.

Dom Test Type is a good HG.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
HLJ's taking preorders for a reprint of Kotobukiya's Tsugumori Kai Ni from Knight's of Sidonia. Anyone know if it's a decent kit at all? I know it's not the version with the meter-long gauna railgun, but I still kinda want one as a big Tsutumou Nihei fan and missed out on the first general run of Tsugumori kits.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Does anyone know if the Koto Nier Flight Unit has shipped from anywhere? I pre-ordered mine from the Square-Enix EU store and I haven't seen any sign of jt shipping soon, didn't even have a date on the store page last I looked.

I know Covid has ducked stuff up, but I'm wondering if Square hosed up or something.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Rabbi Tupac posted:

It's a broken anchor.

Also it's rad as hell and I'm definitely picking one up.

Any idea if it has an english name I can search?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Slanderer posted:

Any idea if it has an english name I can search?

The suit is the Gundam Gremory (ASW-G-56) and the weapon is the Battle Anchor.

ETA: pre-orders are up at USA Gundam and Gundam Planet

Napoleon Nelson fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 14, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

HLJ's taking preorders for a reprint of Kotobukiya's Tsugumori Kai Ni from Knight's of Sidonia. Anyone know if it's a decent kit at all? I know it's not the version with the meter-long gauna railgun, but I still kinda want one as a big Tsutumou Nihei fan and missed out on the first general run of Tsugumori kits.

It's not a bad kit. A little inflexible and it's not gonna be doing much without the stand. I assume it comes with one. Tbh while the meter long cannon is cool I took one picture with it and then took it off. I don't know how you'd have the room to actually have it posed that way.

The hands are really bad but you don't use them anyways. The simplicity of the design really helps it. Keeping the whole thing mostly monocolored and then giving it just a few decals and colored parts helps it pop a lot.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Napoleon Nelson posted:

The suit is the Gundam Gremory (ASW-G-56) and the weapon is the Battle Anchor.

ETA: pre-orders are up at USA Gundam and Gundam Planet

thanks

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Veotax posted:

Does anyone know if the Koto Nier Flight Unit has shipped from anywhere? I pre-ordered mine from the Square-Enix EU store and I haven't seen any sign of jt shipping soon, didn't even have a date on the store page last I looked.

I know Covid has ducked stuff up, but I'm wondering if Square hosed up or something.

I've seen Japanese reviewers with copies, and I ordered one from a third party on ebay that's supposed to arrive in July, so the kits exist, but I haven't heard about copies hitting the EU or US from Square Enix directly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Veotax posted:

No notification of shipment from my SE US store order. I'm guessing it's "shipping out of Japan is still messed up."

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Side Seven still hasn't responded to my email at all so that's great. I know it's a one-guy org and he presumably has a day job and all but bleeeeh.

I guess it'll just come through Australia Post and hit my redirect anyway but boy howdy would I rather not be left wondering.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

kirbysuperstar posted:

Side Seven still hasn't responded to my email at all so that's great. I know it's a one-guy org and he presumably has a day job and all but bleeeeh.

I guess it'll just come through Australia Post and hit my redirect anyway but boy howdy would I rather not be left wondering.

Well according to the blogs, Side Seven is his new day job.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Does anyone own the P-Bandai Varguil? How is it as a kit?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

bij posted:

Does anyone own the P-Bandai Varguil? How is it as a kit?

It's literally just Moon Moon Gundam with slightly different parts so it's at least as good as that.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

It's literally just Moon Moon Gundam with slightly different parts so it's at least as good as that.

I scoped out Dalong a bunch but I haven't seen the kit or much regarding Moon Gundam at all. Moon stuff should show up under UC shouldn't it?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

bij posted:

I scoped out Dalong a bunch but I haven't seen the kit or much regarding Moon Gundam at all. Moon stuff should show up under UC shouldn't it?

Yes, here is the Moon Gundam page: http://www.dalong.net/reviews/hg/h215/h215_p.htm

It's a great kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Yes, around here, we like the Moon.