Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

DoriDori240 posted:

Why this person went through all the work of installing a early VQ with all of the lovely timing component issues and oil burning when they could have done the same thing with a gen 2 (07 and newer VQ) that is basically bulletproof is..well..it escapes me.

Because oil use and timing component issues on that vehicle are akin to the choice of wall art in Groverhaus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

My whole thought about that was "why that engine there?"

It's not a terrible engine by any means but definitely a...unique swap.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
When I still had my 2007 Civic Si I constantly thought about how, if it ever got totaled I wanted to transplant the drivetrain into the rear of a 2nd gen CRX. Festiva SHOgun style, that makes me feel much better about that idea.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1989-4x4-z71-a-true-barn-find/1566060512

just lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He'll probably get 25k for it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

He'll probably get 25k for it.

The ad is already gone. The used truck market has truly gone insane.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Powershift posted:

The ad is already gone. The used truck market has truly gone insane.

Used truck market is insane. Used car market is insane. And the most insanest of all... the used Toyota Tacoma market.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Coredump posted:

Used truck market is insane. Used car market is insane. And the most insanest of all... the used Toyota Tacoma market.

I'm really anxious to see how high this goes.

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=10413

Gonna be 10 grand with a blown head gasket and swiss cheese frame. It'll be on the first boat to California to list for $24,999.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Coredump posted:

I've got like 90k miles on my 2005 Ranger and I've contemplated selling it but having a little pickup is just too drat useful. It's easy to park, too...

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

I've got like 90k miles on my 2005 Ranger and I've contemplated selling it but having a little pickup is just too drat useful. It's easy to park, too...

Don't ever sell it. I'm looking for a small truck and it's impossible to find one in ok shape that isn't priced astronomically high

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

My buddy's lease on his car is up this year and he decided he wants to replace it with a used Tacoma. It's a good idea, but timing wise this is not a great year for that. I'd be tempted to just go for a new one, assuming they're available.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

MomJeans420 posted:

My buddy's lease on his car is up this year and he decided he wants to replace it with a used Tacoma. It's a good idea, but timing wise this is not a great year for that. I'd be tempted to just go for a new one, assuming they're available.

I put a down payment on one at the beginning of April, found out a week and a half or so ago that my order was "picked up" and can expect it to arrive mid July.

Don't know where you are, but there are very few on dealer lots where I am (Toronto area). If your friend doesn't care what model or trim etc specifically then they might get one sooner than I'm going to get mine.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 13, 2021

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Always need two spaces? Truck.

Need to get everything in one trip? Truck.

Hard parking on the side of the road. Truck.

$1,000(ish) a foot bed Truck? Truck.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Hooooooooly poo poo that's a long truck. I want to drive it so bad.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

longtruck is long

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

Don't ever sell it. I'm looking for a small truck and it's impossible to find one in ok shape that isn't priced astronomically high

My mom has a Toyota pick up from 93 (one of those tiny ones) with 230 thousand miles on it. She gets cash offers at the dump for what she paid for it 20 years ago and says she’ll never sell.

I’m pretty sure that truck will outlast me.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

LionArcher posted:

My mom has a Toyota pick up from 93 (one of those tiny ones) with 230 thousand miles on it. She gets cash offers at the dump for what she paid for it 20 years ago and says she’ll never sell.

I’m pretty sure that truck will outlast me.

It will outlast everyone because it's a Hilux. Toyota just called it 'Pickup Truck' here in the US for who knows why, in 95 North America they introduced the Tacoma and the rest of the world continues on with the Hilux.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yeah small to midsize truck prices outta control. I mean look at the price on this.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Coredump posted:

Yeah small to midsize truck prices outta control. I mean look at the price on this.

Not a toyota axle and the t100 has leaf springs :v:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

KakerMix posted:

It will outlast everyone because it's a Hilux. Toyota just called it 'Pickup Truck' here in the US for who knows why, in 95 North America they introduced the Tacoma and the rest of the world continues on with the Hilux.

Replacing the Hilux with the Taco was a chicken tax thing, right?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Someone talk me out of buying this for 4k.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/east-aurora-1991-mercury-grand-marquis/7320893225.html

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy poo poo, how could you possibly not buy it?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Buy it, put a 5.0 in it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mustache Ride posted:

Buy it, put a 5.0 in it.

It has a 5.0 in it.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

don't not buy it. i passed on a 91 roadmaster wagon a few weeks ago and it's been eating at me ever since

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I called em, its pending a sale. :(

I'll get first call back though.

edit: sold. fuckers. Posted it at 10pm last night don't they know I browse on my breaks at work!?!?

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 13, 2021

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Looks nice. And hell, I bet it does 90% of what a overpriced pickup would do?

This doesn't do what a overpriced pickup would do, priced about the same:

1980 RollsRoyce Silver Spur extended. This catches everybody’s eye. Vehicle is in great shape for the year and is licensed. Well maintained. $25,000 ono or trade for quad (s) or Side by Side. Not interested in motorcycles.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

After having not seen one in years I just saw one at Lowes last weekend. Hideous car. You should buy it.

That car, in my high school days, has "girl who wears cookie monster pajama pants to school" energy.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

KakerMix posted:

I always thought 'high luxury' was a weird name for something with vinyl seats and no a/c, 'pickup truck' makes infinitely more sense.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Toyota just called it 'Pickup Truck' here in the US for who knows why

"Cockroach" wouldn't have sold well, even though it would have been an accurate name.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its cool that this exists I guess, but :lol: at that price.

https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/d/batavia-2003-olds-aurora-40-final-500/7320379158.html

Thought this was neat though:

I'm sure any new car does this with all the touchscreens out there but seems like a rare thing to give you the day and date.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

I called em, its pending a sale. :(

I'll get first call back though.

edit: sold. fuckers. Posted it at 10pm last night don't they know I browse on my breaks at work!?!?

Ah that sucks, I hate when that happens.

That Aurora looks amazing tho, lowball them and see what happens or just wait for the price to drop because it will.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I'm always curious when people insert "technically" needlessly. Like, what do you mean, it's "technically Deep Cherry Metallic"?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Because it's "technically Deep Cherry Metallic" but as one can clearly see its Shallow Cherry Metallic. :v:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m guessing it’s because they have it listed as red and wanted to be more specific but didn’t word it well.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
When I was a kid we borrowed one of those from my dad’s boss once. He was so excited to drive it because it was “the last great American luxury car” or something. I just remember how wrinkly the leather seats were, how the vanity mirror had the lamest little tiny light in the world with a slider for either dim or dimmer, and how everything inside felt just as flimsy as any other GM shitbox from the era.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Cage posted:

Its cool that this exists I guess, but :lol: at that price.

https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/d/batavia-2003-olds-aurora-40-final-500/7320379158.html

Thought this was neat though:

I'm sure any new car does this with all the touchscreens out there but seems like a rare thing to give you the day and date.

Without a doubt that's a great feature for the target demographic of people who have no business being on the road. If you need to look up what day of the week it is whole driving you have bigger issues.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I worked at a GM dealership around 2005 or so and some dude brought in an Aurora with the 4.0L for some service. I don't know if he had like 40-series Flowmasters or just straight pipes or what but it sounded incredible and it took me a minute to figure out that the sound I heard was coming from a loving Oldsmobile and not one of the service tech's Trans Am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I worked at a GM dealership around 2005 or so and some dude brought in an Aurora with the 4.0L for some service. I don't know if he had like 40-series Flowmasters or just straight pipes or what but it sounded incredible and it took me a minute to figure out that the sound I heard was coming from a loving Oldsmobile and not one of the service tech's Trans Am.

Fun fact, that same engine was used in the Shelby Series 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Series_1

And also some GM racing teams around that time.