Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Bought a bottle of Young's Chocolate Stout today, reminded me of when I used to drink at the Mitre by Lancaster Gate when I was staying in London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ask the uk tv thread.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pistol_Pete posted:

Argh, I can't find it: I can't Google with sufficient precision from my vague memories. I'd hoped to return here in triumph, with a Youtube link.

Are you Paul-k? He has been searching for answers to this for best part of a decade. One would hope, on fast forward.

hes still searching...

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Unfortunately I can't help you but I have a similar thing with a show I saw when I was little too, which is hard to search for because there were so many supernatural/sci-fi/horror/dark comedy kids' shows in the 80s and 90s. Mine was more of a horror story, possibly Goosebumps but for some reason I doubt it, about these kids going on a quest for something and it mixed live-action with animation, including a bit where a kid imagined he was being eaten by a witch. At the end they got stuck in slime. It freaked me out and I've never been able to find out anything about it online. I feel like it was too late for Dramarama (more 90s than 80s) and I don't think it was Round the Twist because I think it was on ITV and it doesn't strike me as a Paul Jennings story.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Ha ha, I found those posts while I was searching: nobody had an answer for that guy, either. Glad to know I didn't just imagine the whole thing, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Unfortunately I can't help you but I have a similar thing with a show I saw when I was little too, which is hard to search for because there were so many supernatural/sci-fi/horror/dark comedy kids' shows in the 80s and 90s. Mine was more of a horror story, possibly Goosebumps but for some reason I doubt it, about these kids going on a quest for something and it mixed live-action with animation, including a bit where a kid imagined he was being eaten by a witch. At the end they got stuck in slime. It freaked me out and I've never been able to find out anything about it online. I feel like it was too late for Dramarama (more 90s than 80s) and I don't think it was Round the Twist because I think it was on ITV and it doesn't strike me as a Paul Jennings story.

Are You Afraid of the Dark? was on ITV.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀғᴜʟ ᴊᴏᴋᴇ, ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋᴇ. ʀᴇʟʏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪsɪɴᴛᴇʀᴘʀᴇᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴠᴀᴄᴄɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀs ᴀ sᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ! ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ɴᴇxᴛ

Hold up, looke just wanted to know which vaccine you got, and possibly misgendered it in the process

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

oh my god that sucked so bad

massive fever and delirium followed by full on flu aches and pains. it is a miracle i have not thrown up

i was doing ok until about 10pm and was planning to do this whole thing where i post like a robot but gently caress that poo poo

my body feels like it has been through one of joses grindr dates. everything hurts, my joints are imploding and my temperature is in the upper range of nineteen-ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
here's my kids tv show that traumatised me: Earthfasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnoBa71tGPY

based on a book by a nonce :waycool:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

The_Doctor posted:

Are You Afraid of the Dark? was on ITV.

submitted for the approval...

... of the midnight society... :spooky:

*faaaaaart*

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

The sun is shining, minimal workload to get through today but my workmate has a cold and is being a miserable oval office. gently caress sake

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i dont think its ever happened before really, but recently almost everyday I've been tearing my socks in half when I come to pull them on.

I think my superpowers are finally developing, enhanced strength around socks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

oh my god that sucked so bad

massive fever and delirium followed by full on flu aches and pains. it is a miracle i have not thrown up

i was doing ok until about 10pm and was planning to do this whole thing where i post like a robot but gently caress that poo poo

my body feels like it has been through one of joses grindr dates. everything hurts, my joints are imploding and my temperature is in the upper range of nineteen-ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table

clearly you shouldn't gently caress vaccines, it's not for you

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Salisbury Snape posted:

Eh I go through a 200g jar of instant a week

Ah, that explains it a bit - you probably won't save money by switching to coffee grounds, but the caffeine kick from freshly brewed coffee is a lot stronger. You may be able to cut your consumption in litres down a bunch if you want.

3 mugs of filter coffee after work would have me hulking out and obsessively cleaning stuff for 10 hours.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got no side effects. I think that makes me immortal.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i think most of us are at the point where coffee doesn't give us extra energy but just makes it possible for us to function like a normal person

:coffeepal: drinking coffee right now

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ive got my jab booked for next Wednesday

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what's their name

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Babysitting. loving boring

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Put together a personal statement type thing for work promotion. Thought it was sufficiently smug and self promoting, sent it to my boss for comments. Apparently I need to "be more positive and less introspective".

If they want me to be an autofellating oval office they should just come out and say it, and then I can start telling lies the way politicians do.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I've been advised to do that a lot but I'm like, mate, I studied the arts. Rewiring my brain isn't going to happen overnight, or within 5-10 years.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Boss has just told me off for looking at buying a digger for my build. Apparently I can borrow anything I want or need including manpower. :shobon:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm a majorly depressed cynic on the spectrum. Writing anything more than "yeah, I do ok, I guess" is painful.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why would you buy e.g a lawnmower that has an advert saying "largely ok but needs support on tasks it has limited experience of, also has anxiety"

personal statements are all aggrandizement

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hello my name is kecske and i will loving CRUSH AND ANNIHILATE YOUR MANAGEMENT TASKS

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why would you look at the reviews for a product you already own and have been using for the past few years?

I just don't know what lies they want me to tell them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is an entirely internal promotion, to do the same job in the same way for a bit more money. But you have to apply for it like it's a whole new role because the civil service is allergic to people staying in a single job.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Just tell them that you're the best. Around. And nothings gonna ever bring you down.

Then slowly rise up on a stage while fireworks go off behind you.

I think there is a teams background for this.

I need to use my work VPN to access my spreadsheet, but the website the spreadsheet links to doesn't work with the VPN turned on. Means I have to enable and disable the VPN every 2 minutes, and makes me want to kill every person who works in our it team, but that is a normal feeling.

To be fair they don't much like since I told the lead intranet person that our intranet was not fit for purpose and the thought of using it made me feel physically sick.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

our architecture is so good we had a massive internal data breach for six weeks that no-one noticed

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

goatface posted:

This is an entirely internal promotion, to do the same job in the same way for a bit more money. But you have to apply for it like it's a whole new role because the civil service is allergic to people staying in a single job.

If it’s civil service The person who reviews your application won’t be from your department and won’t know you so you got to big yourself up.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My remote work desktop stopped working sometime over lunch, so I guess it's time to sack that poo poo off and hope no-one calls me.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

If it’s civil service The person who reviews your application won’t be from your department and won’t know you so you got to big yourself up.

There are tables to fill in with your historical output quantity and assessed quality, there are three boxes for my group head to fill in supporting my professional, technical and cultural capability. I (along with my line manager) thought it was space for a behavioural, personal-motivational type thing. The fluff to go with the numbers and third party support. But apparently they want me to say "I know things real good so I don't need to look stuff up" and "the table of quantified performance above shows..." Waste of loving time, and unnecessarily stressful bullshit.

It's not even a contested promotion. There is no limited number of jobs available. They expect everyone to reach at least this level.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

ughhhhh withdrawing from opioids sucks. I mega wanna go to the gym today but I still feel pretty rough (not as bad as yesterday though, was legit questioning if I was dying). Just pottering about the flat doing laundry and stuff but feeling exhausted after every little task booo. I hope this all fucks off ready for restaurant reopening next week, I'm on a 12-close shift on Monday :suicide:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Capybara are sedate enough without external means.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

feel much better. the bedsheets are currently in the wash, i think i sweated out my bodyweight this morning

apparently i was properly delirious last night, i came up with a whole story about swan murderers

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ROMANIAN IMMIGRANTS are ABDUCTING THE QUEEN'S SWANS to PROTEST ABOUT PALESTINE

(roll a new Daily Mail headline? y/n)

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Got my jab today as part of the vaccine trial
Dunno which I got but there has been no pain since the needle went into my arm

To the person who wanted me to fix their gangtags just post the ones you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If you're not feeling pain of any kind I think I know where Solefald's opiates went