Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Well I didn’t see the joke, but I have a suspicion and rewrote to make it impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Platystemon posted:

Watch people hoard rice because “four fifths of U.S.‐grown rice travels on the Mississippi!”

So does most of the grain the midwest produces. But it's not remotely harvest season right now, lots are probably just getting around to planting. Still won't stop people from being stupid.

/\ haha, caught ya pre-edit.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Platystemon posted:

It’s not the most Tesla post because I documented the changes. :colbert:

And didn’t sic SWAT on a whistleblower.

Ironically, it’s easier to get to the battery than it is to get out of the back seat.

This graphic is wrong. On the model 3 there is a manual release for the door at the bottom of the "handle" that contains the normal "open button".

The cars have enough issues to criticize, no need for people to publish things that are wrong. The drivers of that vehicle were morons. I have no doubt that they would have issues leaving ANY vehicle.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

ASAPI posted:

This graphic is wrong. On the model 3 there is a manual release for the door at the bottom of the "handle" that contains the normal "open button".

The cars have enough issues to criticize, no need for people to publish things that are wrong. The drivers of that vehicle were morons. I have no doubt that they would have issues leaving ANY vehicle.

I think the point here is that having a secondary release that isn't immediately obvious is foolish. Or having a secondary release in general instead of having a single object that will open the door regardless of battery state.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ASAPI posted:

On the rear doors?

I’ve never touched a Model 3 to confirm one way or the other.

The graphic predates the latest sensational crash.

e: There is this aftermarket modification.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 13, 2021

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Yeah the Tesla’s rear door safety had been a point of discussions for year, the Texas crash was less of a surprise and more of a “hey it took that long”.

The NTSB’s preliminary report on that crash is out by the way, and their conclusion that autopilot wasn’t engaged is that they tried engaging it on that stretch of road a week later and it wouldn’t engage. I’m going to withhold comments on that investigative technique.

The Bolt also has a 12v battery, but it’s accessed the same way as any other car.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Platystemon posted:

Well I didn’t see the joke, but I have a suspicion and rewrote to make it impossible.

I am assuming we made the best compromise.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jhweissmann/status/1392831016130301952?s=21

Fairly big that a teacher’s union head is speaking out now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The heads of teachers unions are often the most boot-licking toothless educator the union can find, so I'm not putting a lot of faith in someone that wants to be the head of something that legally can't strike or do poo poo to raise wages or increase benefits. American teachers unions are pretty much garbage, especially the further south you go.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

DeSantis issuing blanket pardons for anyone charged with violating coronavirus restrictions

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:sickos:

quote:

At a recent hearing for Richard Barnett, an Arkansas man perhaps best known for being photographed with his feet propped up on a desk in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, prosecutors said that they had offered a deal that could result in a sentence of 70 to 87 months in prison. Mr. Barnett’s lawyer, Steven Metcalf, later said he was disappointed with the proposal and could not understand why the government was offering so much time to a man who had not broken anything nor hurt anyone inside the Capitol.

“It seems like they’re actually trying to dissuade us defense attorneys from entertaining these offers as serious,” Mr. Metcalf said. “That’s how far off they are.”

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 13, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I hope that rear end in a top hat gets 20 years for turning down 6-7.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Platystemon posted:

On the rear doors?

I’ve never touched a Model 3 to confirm one way or the other.

The graphic predates the latest sensational crash.

e: There is this aftermarket modification.

All 4 doors on the model 3 have a very obvious manual release. It is so obvious that it is often used instead of the actual "button" that opens the door. This placement/lack of labeling has led to people damaging their cars (the "emergency" release doesn't always slightly lower the window which can be caught on the top "lip" of the frame for the doors).

This mechanism has been present since the launch of the vehicle. Anyone who is unable to exit a Tesla model 3 likely has issues finding their way out of cardboard boxes or paper bags.

The cars have plenty of issues, exiting them is not one of them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The BMW i8 has a flimsy little manual door release incase power goes out and it seems so flimsy I would probably break it off trying to get out quickly incase of a fire or w/e

My car still has a hidden key lock under the handles incase the car runs out of power while sitting, the key is inside the fob.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

TL; DR- someone’s love for big tittays allowed for the compromise of critical infrastructure and led to fuel shortages across the mid-Atlantic.

https://twitter.com/LikeAndBlock/status/1392640160655945729

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

TL; DR- someone’s love for big tittays allowed for the compromise of critical infrastructure and led to fuel shortages across the mid-Atlantic.

I can't find any source for that, but I also totally buy it.

Also, apparently Colonial paid $5 million to the hackers:
https://twitter.com/jfslowik/status/1392848119075794949?s=20

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

The infrastructure wasn’t actually compromised, the billing system for the infrastructure was so they shut it all down instead of risking someone getting away with fuel they hadn’t properly paid for.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

ASAPI posted:

All 4 doors on the model 3 have a very obvious manual release. It is so obvious that it is often used instead of the actual "button" that opens the door. This placement/lack of labeling has led to people damaging their cars (the "emergency" release doesn't always slightly lower the window which can be caught on the top "lip" of the frame for the doors).

This mechanism has been present since the launch of the vehicle. Anyone who is unable to exit a Tesla model 3 likely has issues finding their way out of cardboard boxes or paper bags.

The cars have plenty of issues, exiting them is not one of them.

My main issue is that there should not have to be a secondary release. In any emergency anything that needs to be used should be immediately obvious and having a secondary item that is not commonly used is poor planning.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pine Cone Jones posted:

My main issue is that there should not have to be a secondary release. In any emergency anything that needs to be used should be immediately obvious and having a secondary item that is not commonly used is poor planning.

SAFETY THIRD

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

let he who has not fallen for a set of big ol' CANS throw the first stone.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

The infrastructure wasn’t actually compromised, the billing system for the infrastructure was so they shut it all down instead of risking someone getting away with fuel they hadn’t properly paid for.

The billing system probably also indicated where the gas was supposed to go in the first place so they really probably couldn’t operate without it.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

There's also a big difference between "we've seen the hackers ransomware our billing system" and "the hackers only affected our billing system". I'd rather a company shut down their OT environment to make sure it's fine instead of yoloing it and then dumping a bunch of jet fuel into a reservoir or whatever.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just dump it all in a trash bag.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

An rear end man would never have gotten us into this trouble

boop the snoot posted:

E nvm that joke is too dark for me

drat now I got to know what it was

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Milo and POTUS posted:

An rear end man would never have gotten us into this trouble

drat now I got to know what it was

It was a 3/5 compromise joke.

And it was immediately retracted so I'm not gonna sit in judgement over whether it was good or bad.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Gaetz's buddy is about to plead guilty. So that means he's probably not the biggest fish.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1392875745639387144?s=19

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Making a 3/5ths compromise joke and then saying it was, “too dark” for them is a hell of a thing OP.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Blind Rasputin posted:

Making a 3/5ths compromise joke and then saying it was, “too dark” for them is a hell of a thing OP.

:vince:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Mr. Nice! posted:

SAFETY THIRD

Sounds like someone likes to shake hands with danger.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1392888767325814786?s=21

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

I assume that guy is super hosed?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
He should be charged with sedition - as should all active duty fuckers who were at 1/06.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bored As gently caress posted:

He should be charged with sedition - as should all active duty fuckers who were at 1/06.

100%. Really annoyed that isn't more of a thing, especially for Military, Police, and Politicians involved.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fknlo posted:

I assume that guy is super hosed?

quote:

(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct."

:thunk:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

100%. Really annoyed that isn't more of a thing, especially for Military, Police, and Politicians involved.

I wish there were laws like that in place for the police, where if they were involved in 1/06, they could get charged with sedition.

Unfortunately any law like that would probably just be abused and any police who were friendly / coordinated woth BLM would probably be charged, instead of cops with proud boys/ right wing terror group ties.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I wish there were laws like that in place for the police, where if they were involved in 1/06, they could get charged with sedition.

Unfortunately any law like that would probably just be abused and any police who were friendly / coordinated woth BLM would probably be charged, instead of cops with proud boys/ right wing terror group ties.

No doubt, yes. The problem is passing any laws or prosecuting around sedition/treason will just result in a GOP government going hog wild on activists.

But let's be fair, Barr and the GOP were basically on their way to doing that in places like Portland, had Trump been re-elected I suspect they would've tried some very shady things on the BLM crowd.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Bunch of people are saying that before Israel bombed that media building, and the apartment building, that they did "roof knocking" and actually called the residents to tell them to evacuate? Apparently "roof knocking" is where they drop an inert object on the roof as a warning so everyone inside evacuates. Is this pro Israel bullshit or is this actually a thing? It sounds plausible but also sounds like it could be BS.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

In Louisiana almost all hate crime charges were for being “anti-police” after a hate crimes legislations passed there.

Fun fact

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Bunch of people are saying that before Israel bombed that media building, and the apartment building, that they did "roof knocking" and actually called the residents to tell them to evacuate? Apparently "roof knocking" is where they drop an inert object on the roof as a warning so everyone inside evacuates. Is this pro Israel bullshit or is this actually a thing? It sounds plausible but also sounds like it could be BS.

Yes they do those things.

If you hate those people you can jump straight to asking if Kristallnacht was fine because hey they weren’t sending everyone to death camps yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Get your shots everyone, because the masks are coming down and it looks like a lot's going to be run on the honor system.

https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1392902661457031168