Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

CommieGIR posted:

It really is, Stangl is EVEN MORE HOT because they glazed it unevenly versus Fiestaware. I have a couple Stangl pieces as well, and its often almost double the cpm.

Have any thorium-doped camera lenses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

Have any thorium-doped camera lenses?

I do, I have 3 or 4 lenses.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think the problem is you'd need a new pistol that can fire that load without causing the gun to gently caress up and not cycle properly.

These rounds are SO powerful, you have to cycle the action manually after each shot in order to clear the residual power left behind in the chamber. Otherwise the gun might build up too much power and disintegrate the target entirely— which is against the Geneva Convention.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vengarr posted:

These rounds are SO powerful, you have to cycle the action manually after each shot in order to clear the residual power left behind in the chamber. Otherwise the gun might build up too much power and disintegrate the target entirely— which is against the Geneva Convention.

solution
make the gas from each shot go foward and act like a flamer thrower

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Crab Dad posted:

solution

Time to add bore evacuators to small firearms!

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

CommieGIR posted:

I mean, prolonged exposure or consumption is the issue really. Don't hug them 24/7 and you are fine. Most of the radiation is Alpha/Beta with sparse Gamma. The bigger issue was people being exposed for extended periods or eating off them, chipping off the glaze, and consuming it.

So, you'd have to basically hug it 24/7 for years for it to be an external issue. Consume chips of it though, and that can be a major problem. Part of the big problem of the 30s/40s was Uranium glazed Tile used in Bathrooms and kitchens. So you are standing, sitting, crawling on radioisotopes for long periods of time, for maybe years at a time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_tile

URANIUM TILES: Do not use the floor as this will result in death

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

stevobob posted:

Not death but certainly health issues that may lead to such.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

CommieGIR posted:

Not death but certainly health issues that may lead to such.

It was a stupid self-amusing reference to a bad video game, but I'm still darkly amused at walls and floors and dishware killing people - we put so much effort into making it official that we aren't just another animal but oops your casserole dish causes kidney failure or whatever

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I made E4 as an HM in 5 years despite being a BUD/S drop to undes which is lighting fast for our rate.

That also makes me an even bigger idiot, until I finally got out at 5 and did a smart thing.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Crab Dad posted:

solution

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I made E4 as an HM in 5 years despite being a BUD/S drop to undes which is lighting fast for our rate.

That also makes me an even bigger idiot, until I finally got out at 5 and did a smart thing.

Getting out at five isn’t a smart thing?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Drunken vent here.

Crackheads have posted up again. RV next to my house. Parking Enforcement sent them away some months ago. They're back.

Watched them smoke up, called 5.0 and got told to gently caress off.

Physically knocked up every neighbor in a 1 house radius. Some/ They too have called 50.

Police are telling me to shut up. I have moved big guns from my mom's to here. I have hours of video of their activities but no illegal actions.

So here we are today. I really needed law enforcement to help me. They will not. They are there smoking up and I am here FBR.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Booger Presley posted:

Drunken vent here.

Crackheads have posted up again. RV next to my house. Parking Enforcement sent them away some months ago. They're back.

Physically knocked up every neighbor in a 1 house radius. Some/ They too have called 50.

Police are telling me to shut up. I have moved big guns from my mom's to here. I have hours of video of their activities but no illegal actions.

So here we are today. I really needed law enforcement to help me. They will not. They are there smoking up and I am here FBR.

Drunk + guns + worried about neighbors and monitoring them is a bad triangle. Drop one of the three or the likelihood of a bad ending goes way up.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Yep. Laying in bed. Counting on girlfriend to make right decisions.

Can hear them loving it up outside. This is a difficult situation.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Anil Dikshit posted:

Getting out at five isn’t a smart thing?

Getting out is the smart thing yes

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

stevobob posted:

shitter with uranium tiles posted:

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

God I hate that stupid loving bunch of words

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hot rock hurt you

Hot rock bad

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 13, 2021

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

God I hate that stupid loving bunch of words

I told you, dude, you can just repaint your front door.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

2/10

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

FrozenVent posted:

I told you, dude, you can just repaint your front door.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Booger Presley posted:

Drunken vent here.

Ever read Hap & Leonard?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

What exactly is there to be upset about? I can't think of anything

“The entire atmosphere of the planet is contaminated with the fallout of nuclear testing, and this fallout is detectible in anything made with fresh air” is kind of upsetting.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Platystemon posted:

“The entire atmosphere of the planet is contaminated with the fallout of nuclear testing, and this fallout is detectible in anything made with fresh air” is kind of upsetting.

Wait until you learn about the stuff they put in non-stick pans.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

It's non-stick. Even if you eat any of it it'll just fall out of your rear end.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

FrozenVent posted:

If you made a pan out of sticks it would just catch on fire

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FrozenVent posted:

Oh yeah that stuff is gross.

You’ll clog your arteries with all that bacon and eggs.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Y’all ain’t got no depth https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2007/05/teflon-forever/

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/RealTimeWWII/status/1393683489514565638

https://twitter.com/RealTimeWWII/status/1393685891869290499

https://twitter.com/RealTimeWWII/status/1393687661152460801

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oh come on it's not like bats are lawyers!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That is loving AMAZING how have I not heard of this

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Bat bombs and pigeon guided cruise missiles were the animal kingdom's finest hours in WWII

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

canyoneer posted:

Bat bombs and pigeon guided cruise missiles were the animal kingdom's finest hours in WWII

British Engineer 1: "I say old boy, if the Soviets hit the Fulda Gap in division strength, there's not an awful lot to stop them trundling their tanks all the way to the Atlantic coast"

British Engineer 2: "hmm, what say we bury some low-yield nuclear mines across that area when the signs are imminent, and as soon as they leave their line of departure, set them off?"

British Engineer 1: "well yes, but what if they attack in winter, the cold will be too much for the mines' circuitry!"

British Engineer 2: "hmm..... how about we fix up some sort of enclosure we can put the mine in and put a chicken on top with a week's supply of food, the chicken's body heat will be enough to keep it going until we need it!"

British Engineer 1: "yes, perfect old sport, that's definitely what we should do. Pass the laudanum, wouldn't you?"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Wojtek, exploding rats, pack elephants, and tank dogs have entered the chat.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Don't forget about Acoustic Kitty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_Kitty

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The first Acoustic Kitty mission was to eavesdrop on two men in a park outside the Soviet compound on Wisconsin Avenue in Washington, D.C. The cat was released nearby, but was hit and allegedly killed by a taxi almost immediately.[4]

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QVtsO7MmMM&t=4260s

This whole video is good, but you may not have an hour and a half so here's a portion with a good retelling of Project X-Ray, and exactly how the USAAF base got burned down