Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Episode 28 was revalatory in that i hadnt quite worked out what was bothering me on my watchthru, but the complete change in the energy around the table is palpable as soon as he leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lmao are they planning an insurrection in the briarwoods city, this is great (ep 28)

Edit; holy man the realization that the dead people on the sun tree are set up as a message to them, keylith being the first to realize. Matt is such a good DM

queeb fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 13, 2021

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

queeb posted:

lmao are they planning an insurrection in the briarwoods city, this is great (ep 28)

Edit; holy man the realization that the dead people on the sun tree are set up as a message to them, keylith being the first to realize. Matt is such a good DM

Yeah you’re into a fantastic run of episodes now.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hooooly man, are they trying to copys percys guns

edit: sorry if my live posting is annoying

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

queeb posted:

I'm enjoying reliving this through someone else's eyes. Also enjoy it now because it is coming in animation form this year on Amazon!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is it set for sometime this year? I didn't think there was even a release window yet. How does the release work with backers versus non-backers? Does it just release at the same time for everyone, and backers get a copy regardless of Amazon subscription status?

FlavoFibe
Nov 9, 2015

queeb posted:

Are you kidding me keep posting it's fun to watch someone experience it.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Hulk Smash! posted:

Travis is legit the best cheerleader for the rest of the group's moments.

I legit think this is why he got the CEO job. He's perfectly happy to be the hype man for the rest of the cast. I think this is demonstrated best in the scene with Marisha as Tracy.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

tsob posted:

Is it set for sometime this year? I didn't think there was even a release window yet. How does the release work with backers versus non-backers? Does it just release at the same time for everyone, and backers get a copy regardless of Amazon subscription status?

They said this year but that could be delayed. Backers get a digital download copy from what I remember from the update where they got signed by Amazon.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

queeb posted:

The Game of Thrones thread during the red wedding and all the book-first posters giggling like the horn section in band as it approached was some of the finest posting these forums have ever produced.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

what the gently caress, is this percy with black smoke and a bird mask poo poo new or did i miss this skipping an earlier episode. hes just slaughtering sir kerrion. ep 29

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

queeb posted:

what the gently caress, is this percy with black smoke and a bird mask poo poo new or did i miss this skipping an earlier episode. hes just slaughtering sir kerrion. ep 29

If I recall he bought the mask in an episode you skipped, but it was just at a fancy outfit store that also had masks/costumes. Almost everything else is just as out of nowhere and just as jarring as it seems.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

queeb posted:

Aggro Percy is best Percy.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Paladin posted:

If I recall he bought the mask in an episode you skipped, but it was just at a fancy outfit store that also had masks/costumes. Almost everything else is just as out of nowhere and just as jarring as it seems.

It's presumably out of nowhere because all of the foreshadowing of it or setup for it would have happened off-screen in the cast's home game. I vaguely recall some mention of various things that the cast talk about hinting towards what's going on with Percy that we never saw.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

tsob posted:

It's presumably out of nowhere because all of the foreshadowing of it or setup for it would have happened off-screen in the cast's home game. I vaguely recall some mention of various things that the cast talk about hinting towards what's going on with Percy that we never saw.

Oh yeah the little intro movies had some art that really conveyed what was going on, but they had to blur those out because it also contained a lot of uncredited, copyright stuff. You can always watch the little movie that summarizes their home games, but none of us had that until like 90 episodes in so I don't know, seems off to actually have it this early.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well, that's probably just a fuction of the show still being a rather off-the-cuff affair; they were letting the world watch their home game, not organizing a game for the world to see. Which is what this second campaign is. I doubt anyone was thinking about it in terms of narrative structure at the time, and they were just happy people were interested in watching their game more than likely.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I just want to reiterate that it's great to watch someone else's reactions as they go through the first campaign and to never stop posting about it, please.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

This thread’s gonna convince me to finally watch through campaign 1, isn’t it.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

While it’s different than C2, I’m fully in the camp that C1 is very good, and might still be my fave.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

If you're gonna rewatch anything it should be "The Night Before Critmas" just to see Travis nearly murder Santa Claus.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I’ve been slowly working through Campaign 1 by having it on while I’m painting miniatures. It’s been great actually getting to watch all the things I had heard about but never seen.
You there, little Elf Girl!

Funzo fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 14, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Should I start Spoiler tagging stuff? Since some of you haven't watched c1 yet

I'll start doing it from now on. About to start ep 30

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

You should. I'm a much bigger fan of C2 but while it's not as polished as C2 and the characters are a bit more broad, there are some great shenanigans throughout.

Unless you have a high tolerance for annoying players though, I'd start at Ep. 28 and read the wiki to catch up on 1-27

queeb posted:

Should I start Spoiler tagging stuff? Since some of you haven't watched c1 yet

I'll start doing it from now on. About to start ep 30
I would if others are going to watch for the first time. There are some major moments that deserve to be seen unspoiled.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Abroham Lincoln posted:

While I think C2 works better as a cohesive whole, C1 has some great moments and some very memorable characters (despite being somewhat cliched).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NOT THE SUDDENLY SUSAN PROTOCOLS

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nemo2342 posted:

While I think C2 works better as a cohesive whole, C1 has some great moments and some very memorable characters (despite being somewhat cliched).
Campaign Two is more story focused. Campaign One has more general shithousery.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Here's the QR code. https://imgur.com/7khvTCW

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
How do these Nord VPN ads keep getting more over the top?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Thank you NordVPN for enabling... Well just enabling

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im dying laughing at this halloween ep for ep 30 and scanlan pissing and shooting his wand of magic missiles at the same time. Sam pushes the limit of horny bard sometimes but god he is hilarious too.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

TV IV > Critical Role (on Twitch/Youtube, yes) - I don't like the phrase "flesh tunnel."

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Abroham Lincoln posted:

TV IV > Critical Role (on Twitch/Youtube, yes) - I don't like the phrase "flesh tunnel."

Is there an extra fold?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'll go behind the hung penis.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Please put me in the anal gland next to Jester.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pro plays

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

oh that rogue bullshit

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

oh that rogue bullshit

I'll just take my 25.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nemo2342 posted:

I'll just take my 25.
That'll be 60 points of damage on my non-critical crossbow shot, please.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Cad is starting to use Path to the Grave and Veth screws up but Yasha all 6s?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

What the hell did Cadeucus just do?