Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Is the client from the 1st beta getting updated, or will I need to remove that one and install a different thing from the ps store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

brand engager posted:

Is the client from the 1st beta getting updated, or will I need to remove that one and install a different thing from the ps store?
If you mean the one from the closed beta test then no, it isn't getting updated. You need the newer open beta test version: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0036-CUSA24910_00-GGSTOBTUS0000100

boz
Oct 16, 2005

brand engager posted:

If you did the last Open Beta it'll be that one that updates.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Which one of these is correct, pacific and eastern are 3 hours apart so the two hour difference on their site can't be right

E: the EDT listing is the odd one out. The PDT and GMT times line up

brand engager fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 14, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cool i forgot how bad an experience it is to get into this beta client

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Failed to upload R-Code.

Failed to download R-Code.

edit: one guy i know got in so i'm still trying repeatedly even though half the time it makes me scroll past the eula and enter my name again.

big deal fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 14, 2021

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
So how do combos work in this? I know they got rid of gatlings, but it feels like nothing is comboing into anything.

Also does Giovanna seem like kind of an underdeveloped character? Seems like she doesn't have much of a moveset, unless I'm missing something.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The story had better involve Sol Badguy trying to download the R-Code to save the universe from the backyard.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
I was able to play a bit of training before the beta went down, and I gotta say, not really into this? I loved how Xrd felt. I'm fine with them changing some stuff, but no longer having gatlings just feels worse to me. I dunno, maybe I'll still check it out when it's released. I really want to like this game, especially since they actually fixed the netcode.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The lack of gatlings has also been the hardest thing for me to get past. It just makes everything feel so limited.

Also I don't think I'm getting an R Code tonight.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe it's just me but game feels like they attached a bowling balls to some of their ankles i.e. jumping/dashing

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

jasoneatspizza posted:

So how do combos work in this? I know they got rid of gatlings, but it feels like nothing is comboing into anything.

Also does Giovanna seem like kind of an underdeveloped character? Seems like she doesn't have much of a moveset, unless I'm missing something.

P/K goes into special cancels and/or command normals (K into sweep also), S and H moves still gatling. Gio was a pretty solid rushdown character in the last beta, but she is super simple.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The changes to movement and jumps feels very awkward and unresponsive to me now. :(

DLC Inc posted:

maybe it's just me but game feels like they attached a bowling balls to some of their ankles i.e. jumping/dashing

It's not just you, it was much better in beta 1.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Why does air backdash go like 2 inches now??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They hosed the game up so hard you can 6p to dodge projectiles like stun edge now.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Holy poo poo airdashes are so fuckin worthless now

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Real hurthling! posted:

They hosed the game up so hard you can 6p to dodge projectiles like stun edge now.

Boy do I have some news about Xrd

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ending a match by throwing a sword after a stage change is mwah

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So have they improved Nagoryuki at all?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

So have they improved Nagoryuki at all?

His teleport builds less bar
His moves build way more tho.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I keep getting booted from the match queue in training mode, and it shows an error message that closes before I can read it. Anyone know what it says?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anji seems good

Booyah- posted:

I keep getting booted from the match queue in training mode, and it shows an error message that closes before I can read it. Anyone know what it says?

Its happening to me too

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 15, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I love anji lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m having loads of fun personally but also I still play Potemkin

Also, when fighting I No, Potemkin can blindly flick away and half her moves can be reflected or clashed with

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also, when fighting I No, Potemkin can blindly flick away and half her moves can be reflected or clashed with

I-No seems half baked. Chemical Love whiffs on Giovanna even if she's standing.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kongming posted:

I-No seems half baked. Chemical Love whiffs on Giovanna even if she's standing.

powerful tech

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m having loads of fun personally but also I still play Potemkin

Baiting the flick with a fireball then stbt underneath it sould still work

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I played the beta with my buddy for like 5 hours. Immediately thought I was maybe crazy for thinking the characters felt heavier but holy poo poo the backdash is now worthless ad the airdash was nerfed to an insane loving level. Air combat, and just jumping in general, is heavily discouraged---ground game is much safer now without the air mobility we had before, or even the ability to backdash. Some characters have it better than others but a few REALLY suffer.

Anji is very fun---a high-tier guy who will kick your rear end in the right hands. I-No feels like she suffered from air mobility changes a lot but also feels like she's missing something. I don't know if Stroke was always a low hit---correct me if I'm stupid but when I realized that, it was a big lightbulb moment. again, idk because I never played her much in the other games.

Air dash/backdash poo poo absolutely needs to be reversed. It is abhorrent and I really can't believe they destroyed a series staple mechanic like this. I'm pretty sure it will be mitigated though because everyone else seems to think the same.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
this is the game they want to make now

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Does anyone like these changes cuz even my friends who loved the previous beta are not feeling this

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm don't mind the changes but I am also almost exclusively moving around the stage via a dolphin so

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah they went a little overboard with the dashing but the game still feels great and is fun. I-no needs a faster airdash she's way too slow for her style

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I didn't like in the first open beta that people could jump around like lunatics and get away with it especially since I play Giovanna and you had to use 623S to even have a hope of anti airing anything, and air throws are a lot harder to pull off in Strive. Now 6P actually functions as a button. I don't have any strong opinions on how the jumping changes feel to me as I tend to play more grounded in this game to begin with anyway. But being able to anti air and discourage bad jumps is good.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

6P being better was all that was needed, good air movement makes air throws easier to land. The air movement is so bad now it actively feels sluggish

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

been too busy to sit down and play but i wont let the negativity get me down til i get a chance to try it out. when does this jawn end?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
ends tomorrow morning iirc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah it's a very short test.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Got my first chance to challenge the Celestials. I love this Heaven bullshit, it's the rock opera vibe I love from this series.

Kongming posted:

I didn't like in the first open beta that people could jump around like lunatics and get away with it especially since I play Giovanna and you had to use 623S to even have a hope of anti airing anything, and air throws are a lot harder to pull off in Strive. Now 6P actually functions as a button. I don't have any strong opinions on how the jumping changes feel to me as I tend to play more grounded in this game to begin with anyway. But being able to anti air and discourage bad jumps is good.

This is my experience as well. My friends who I played the most is a Ram player, and--due to the 6P and anti-air changes--I think it's more fun for both of us that he's incentivized to use neutral tools beyond her jS and jH.

However, I play Gio too, so I might not be noticing crippling physics others have.

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 16, 2021

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I played a couple hours of this beta and it was alright. For me it didn't feel totally different than the last one besides the movement changes. Lobbies still kind of bad/unstable, but the rematches are basically instant, which is cool.

Would have been nice if it overlapped with the weekend more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah I'm kind of cooled off on this game after this beta. I don't hate it, I don't think the jumping changes ruined it or anything, it's just...fine. It's okay. It's decent. That's about all I can say about it.