Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Gundramon
<Blocker>
[When Digivolving] Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck. You may use an option card with a memory cost of 7 among them without paying its memory cost. Trash the remaining cards. If an option card was not used with this effect, delete one of your opponents Digimon with a play cost of 4 or less.

I’m not too sure about this guy. We’ll have to see what new option card with a cost of 7 are announced, because black doesn’t currently have one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Everyone's favorite mememon is getting a card in the new booster. I love it's design so much. It's ears/horns are little revolvers.

Americamon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Xelkelvos posted:

Americamon

Ameridramon

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:hmmyes:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Built a friend

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Large, Scary friend!

Also, dunno how widely noticed this is, but Gundramon has specifically 21 guns.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New DRB arrivals are actually kind of interesting!

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1391581022454788098

Atamadekachimon (with Minidekachimon) and Yo!Yo!mon* were the winner and second in the DigiWindow contest back in 2006 and had no appearances whatsoever until this week's Adventure: for Atamadekachimon and Minidekachimon. Kodokugumon has existed for years (since 1999, in fact!) as part of Dokugumon, even appearing in the original Adventure, though it should be noted that it did not look like this before. It got a major redesign, which is extremely unusual especially considering this artwork is relatively new and from a currently ongoing game:

*Yoxtu is stupid even for Bandai's usual romanization mess ups and I refuse to use it

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It seems like this Kodokugumon is Rookie stage, too, so there's now a surprising amount of Rookie stage insects to use.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

New KoDokugumon is adorable and improved in every way

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Wikimon went and split the difference so the old design is listed as KoDokugumon Baby, while the new one is listed as a Child stage

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can we get a new spider mega too now? Closest we have is Parasimon.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Nodosaur posted:

New KoDokugumon is adorable and improved in every way

It almost makes the Dokugumon line a counterpart to the Tentomon line, in that the prevo has cute little interlocking mandibles and the evolved form has those Spawn-style jaws.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yoxtu is stupid even for Bandai's usual romanization mess ups and I refuse to use it

Yeah some data entry person who isn't good at english or critical thinking typed in "ヨッ!ヨッ!モン" in katakana for the katakana name and then switched the IME to romaji did the exact same keystrokes for the english name (x in front is how you make a character small when it's not in a commonly-used situation in the japanese romaji-to-kana text input systems I've seen)

New KoDokugumon is much better for use as a standalone thing but I think the older design is more suited for "the spiders Dokugumon shoots out as an attack."

They also made Yo!Yo!mon an adult when the submitted art for it (the only previous source) had it as a perfect, but I like it as adult better so it can evolve into mamemons and stuff.

I keep doing double-takes at how red the dekachimons are. And I'm not sure if I can imagine them separately.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If the design weren't perfectly (and beautifully) on-the-nose, I'd have absolutely no goddamn clue how Yoxtu!Yoxtu!mon would even be pronounced, much less what it's supposed to mean.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I don't really like the kodokugumon redesign. It's too busy for me - I think if they redid the mouth a little and got rid of the gloves on the skulls I'd like it better.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I assumed it was "Yoxtumon" not "Yoxtu!Yoxtu!Mon"

With the joke being yoxtu = yo x tu = yo x 2 = yo yo

I dont know why they would make this the joke, but it made more sense to me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Unexpected DRB update! Knightly boys are in!
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1392300858805825539

Shoutmon X4K is a very unexpected arrival - until now it got no recognition whatsoever outside of Xros Wars, where it debuted, and even there it was treated as a minor form. Not even Super Xros Wars had it, so it was logical to think it'd die in XW itself. But no, proper DRB profile! Proper Bandai artwork! Perfect-level, Data-attribute, more attacks than just Burning Star Crusher! It is now an actual full-fledged Digimon and I could not be more proud of my knightly boy.

Gladimon Gradimon (ugh) is an old one (2002!) that went mostly ignored after its debut, though it did get a really rad DCB card that serves as a prequel to a Knightmon card, confirming them being in the same line (if their looks weren't enough for that)

Personally I greatly appreciate this love for old, forgotten Digimon that the DRB is giving recently and hope it keeps it up. Still over a hundred Digimon that haven't gotten a profile!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I really love the line of Kotemon>Gradimon>Knightmon>Crusadermon. It’s a great way to have all four fit in a theme without each evolution looking like the previous one but bigger, like the Jesmon line or the Volcanicdramon line

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I kinda prefer Craniamon or Dynasmon as his Mega just because Crusadermon is so radically different visually.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Justin_Brett posted:

I kinda prefer Craniamon or Dynasmon as his Mega just because Crusadermon is so radically different visually.

Any knight-themed Mega fits, but Crusadermon’s Japanese name is LordKnightmon

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Comedy option: Alphamon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Talking about knights,
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1392445120092512256

I feel hiring Skull/Dark/MusoKnightmon as your bodyguard isn't a great idea.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Blaze Dragon posted:

Talking about knights,
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1392445120092512256

I feel hiring Skull/Dark/MusoKnightmon as your bodyguard isn't a great idea.

Yeah the number of good choices there is much lower than the number of choices.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Anyone willing to raise a hand against Gladimon was never being stopped.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
dark knightmon is my friend and will - oh wait he stabbed me

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
More new cards dropped, apologies for low quality pics, I’m working with what I’ve got. These aren’t all of them, they’re just the ones I think are interesting.

quote:

Azulongmon
[When Digivolving] Trash the bottom digivolution card of all of your opponent's Digimon, then for each of your opponent's Digimon with no Digivolution cards, gain 1 memory.
[Your Turn] For each of your opponent's Digimon with no digivolution cards, this Digimon gains <Security Attack +1>.

quote:

Rebellimon
[When Digivolving] Trash 1 card in your hand to have this Digimon gain <Blocker> and <Retaliation> until the end of your opponent's next turn.
[All Turns] This Digimon is also treated as black.

Ogremon
[On Play] Trash 1 card in your hand to delete 1 of your opponent's level 4 or lower Digimon.

quote:

Tropical Venom
[Main] Until the end of your opponent's next turn, one of your opponents Digimon gains "[On Deletion] lose 2 Memory."

quote:

Eosmon
[When Digivolving] For each Tamer you or your opponent have in play, you may place 1 level 5 or lower [Eosmon] from your trash at the top of this Digimon's digivolution cards in any order. If 2 or more cards were placed by this effect, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon.

[Your Turn] For every 3 digivolution cards this Digimon has, it gains <Security Attack +1>.

There’s a Menoa Bellucci tamer card, the most interesting thing about it is that if you have an Eosmon in play it prevents your opponents tamers from untapping

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Breaking it up into two posts, some minor commentary.

Azulongmon is interesting. It really punishes going wide, and the best deck in the last format, Crusadermon, cheats out a lot of Digimon for free using Crusadermon’s effects (it’s not the only one either, just the best version of it). Source stripping still isn’t the best move, but with really synergistic piles like in Shoutmon/Omnimon BT5, it could do some damage (although I admit by the time that deck gets to Omnimon, it probably already won)

Everybody’s favorite, Rebellimon, is kind of confirmed to be a potential part of the Ogremon line (sorry Digitamamon, you’re being replaced by a cool biker). The effect is really interesting, especially with BT6 SkullGreymon letting you play it as an evolution source if it’s discarded. Retaliation and Blocker are a powerful combo, Retaliation means that when your monster is destroyed in battle, it destroys the other monster as well.

Ogremon letting you give up a card to destroy a low level Digimon seems like a pretty powerful tempo play, especially because it lets you fill up your trash. Having ten cards in your trash turns on a lot of purple Digimon, and there’s a number of revival effects in purple.

I have no clue whether Tropical Venom will see play but I love what it represents. Memory is the single most important resource in the game, and green getting a combat focused free memory gain is super cool. Combine with the number of green Digimon with Piercing (which lets you check a security if you destroy an opponents monster in battle and survive) and you can get a free two memory for doing what you were going to do anyways.

Eosmon looks to be an interesting deck, albeit not a good one. Put it on the level of D-Brigade and Diaboromon/Armageddemon of “cool but kind of bad” (these are my favorite types of deck). You can play any number of the level 5 Eosmon in your deck, and they give +1k power as a source, so your level 6 Eosmon could get freaking huge in the right conditions. The problem is the 5 cost evolution. Azulongmon can potentially refund its entire cost, Eosmon can’t, meaning that you’re giving your opponent a turn to finish you off while you sit there with your big butterfly. Still, if you can pull it off, it’ll be sweet

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rebellimon as the Perfect between Orgemon and Titamon honestly works really well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It helps that Rebellimon was originally meant to be an Ogremon - its original name was MetalOgremon before they settled on Rebellimon. It works well as a Perfect level so Ogremon has a full line, although I kind of dislike that it goes from biological, to cyborg, back to fully biological. But then again, it's not like that that hasn't happened before. Such is Digimon.

venom3053000
Dec 29, 2013
:same:

Its not bad, it's just not what I'd want

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is that really any different from other lines? I mean, Birdramon becomes a giant monster bird to an anthropomorphic hawk person to a monster bird again. MetalGreymon is a cyborg preceding a mostly organic WarGreymon. Not every line has to be a straight, uniform thematic shot.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Nodosaur posted:

Is that really any different from other lines? I mean, Birdramon becomes a giant monster bird to an anthropomorphic hawk person to a monster bird again. MetalGreymon is a cyborg preceding a mostly organic WarGreymon. Not every line has to be a straight, uniform thematic shot.

It's nice when it does have a good thematic throughline

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's nice when it does have a good thematic throughline

It does. Green ogre people.

I dunno. I like Jesmon a lot but you can’t deny it represents an opposite extreme where each form is just kinda the previous one only bigger. It’s better when you have a unifying theme but each form can stand on its own.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
For sure, one of the strengths of the franchise is the wide variety of designs and evolution lines

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I can point out that for a while one of the Canon lines had Digitamamon as a Perfect between Ogremon and Titamon and I will die on that hill by god.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Omnicrom posted:

I can point out that for a while one of the Canon lines had Digitamamon as a Perfect between Ogremon and Titamon and I will die on that hill by god.

It’s still “canon”, as much as lines like this can be, it’s just that the ultimate stage can be a cool motorcycle man or an egg. Who knows, maybe Deviltamamon or HolyDigitamamon might get any amount of focus

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

thetoughestbean posted:

It’s still “canon”, as much as lines like this can be, it’s just that the ultimate stage can be a cool motorcycle man or an egg. Who knows, maybe Deviltamamon or HolyDigitamamon might get any amount of focus

Seeing how the latter is still nothing more than a sprite...well, hopefully. Hopefully it'll get added to the DRB.

Meanwhile, in funny ("funny") Bandai news... Gladimon was added to the DRB as "Gradimon", then changed to "Gladimon" and back to "Gradimon" in less than 24 hours. It's back to "Gladimon" now. Please just stop messing this up, Bandai. For once.

But then again, when they can't even get the name of tne franchise right...
https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1393023177018667008

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Seeing how the latter is still nothing more than a sprite...well, hopefully. Hopefully it'll get added to the DRB.

Meanwhile, in funny ("funny") Bandai news... Gladimon was added to the DRB as "Gradimon", then changed to "Gladimon" and back to "Gradimon" in less than 24 hours. It's back to "Gladimon" now. Please just stop messing this up, Bandai. For once.

But then again, when they can't even get the name of tne franchise right...
https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1393023177018667008

Localization is a bitch and a half

Not everyone can be Toho

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Majiramon
[When Digivolved] Trash the top digivolution card of one of your opponent's Digimon.

Inherited effect: [When Attacking] (Once per turn) If your opponent has no Digimon with digivolution cards, unsuspend this Digimon.

I think Azulongmon went from “neat card” to “potential game ender” with this. I still think it won’t be great, it seems a bit too memory intensive, but this definitely became a deck I want to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

finally, a basis for my "Qinglongmon's pre-evolution is Majiramon" theory.

well him and Triceramon apparently