Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

I just wanted to kvetch about the speedscans' translation being poor I didn't mean for it to become a whole thing that consumed pages of this thread and wasted the time of everyone involved.

Looks like Blockhouse turned out to be a block......head!!!!!!!!!:supaburn::wth::supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I’m just gonna take the L here and keep to official chapter and Vigilantes discussion in the future.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think thats Shigaraki

Alternatively Ms.Joke

Ms. Joke struck me more as Harley Quinn. She's being marketed as a heroine nowadays, isn't she? I feel like I remember Ms. Joke hitting someone with a mallet, too.

Though, when is the last time we saw Ms. Joke? Was she at the big war scene in the last arc?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Do we have a Joker parallel in MHA?

Twice taught us "all it takes is one bad day".

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I mean, the obvious one is....

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
For real though I got my sigmoid colon removed yesterday and I want to thank y’all for making it only the second most painful part of my week

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

For real though I got my sigmoid colon removed yesterday and I want to thank y’all for making it only the second most painful part of my week

I guess you could say that this time, we were the real heroes, eh?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheKingofSprings posted:

Have no fear, for completely pointless goon slapfights are here!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

if youd told us you were getting your colon removed it would have drowned out vigilantes discussion

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

RIP All Might's sick whip

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Ms. Joke struck me more as Harley Quinn. She's being marketed as a heroine nowadays, isn't she? I feel like I remember Ms. Joke hitting someone with a mallet, too.

Though, when is the last time we saw Ms. Joke? Was she at the big war scene in the last arc?

Oh no :ohdear:
I can’t remember, and I hope nothing bad happened to the funny lady.
But also, she doesn’t strike me as completely batshit crazy as Harley Quinn.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Doc Fission posted:

He's a Superman. Him having a Batmobile was an abomination.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Doc Fission posted:

Until the next chapter when we find out it survived the explosion because of course All Might would have a super durable car.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh no :ohdear:
I can’t remember, and I hope nothing bad happened to the funny lady.
But also, she doesn’t strike me as completely batshit crazy as Harley Quinn.

She was Shindo and those other kids' teacher, so if anything bad happened to her, they probably would have mentioned it when we saw them a few chapters ago.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

oh jay posted:

He's a Superman. Him having a Batmobile was an abomination.
But what if All Might wanted to drive a sick-rear end automobile?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Wark Say posted:

But what if All Might wanted to drive a sick-rear end automobile?

Branding is too important.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Voting for All Might's sick whip in the next character poll, in memoriam

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
All might should drive a tiny vespa or even just get around on a very powerful segway.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All Might rides a unicycle.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

All might should drive a tiny vespa or even just get around on a very powerful segway.

He just uses a regular one, sadly

https://twitter.com/prynnette/status/979737608577273856?s=20

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
All Might should ride a horse enhanced by Hatsume's support items.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
And then he could have an actual sick whip!

Don’t whip horses :ohdear:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

How convenient Castlevania S4 just dropped

Give me that crossover - give All Might the Vampire Killer and let him loose in Dracula's castle

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://w24.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-312/

:synpa:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Fandom’s friendship ended with Mirko

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Not really a spoiler I guess, but sniper lady is pretty cool.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Lemme see if I parsed this right from the last chapter...

When Nagant is telling AFO that she's not doing anything that he asks, she's pretending to scratch her head in consternation but actually getting ready to transform her arm and shoot him should AFO refuse to take "no" for an answer, right? He then convinces her, and the next panel we see Nagant, she's lowered her arm and is undoing the transformation.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah finally, the quirk that is just "gun". I like that it comes out of her elbow at least, makes it look a lot more bizarre.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

If her quirk is gun what's up with epoxy hair?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Super confused on how she got Chisaki out of his cell if her quirk is nothing more complex than 'Gun Arm'. I thought she did something to the keypad outside his cell but unless she just shot it with her palm, which doesn't seem to be the way her power works, I can't tell what she did.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Injuryprone posted:

If her quirk is gun what's up with epoxy hair?

She might be able to imbue bullets with various effects like making tranq darts, which leads to having strange hair colors?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what made her turn on hero society?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what made her turn on hero society?

She's just gonna be cooler Stain

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

CuwiKhons posted:

Super confused on how she got Chisaki out of his cell if her quirk is nothing more complex than 'Gun Arm'. I thought she did something to the keypad outside his cell but unless she just shot it with her palm, which doesn't seem to be the way her power works, I can't tell what she did.

AFO caused all of the doors to unlock, but Chisaki didn't have hands to physically to turn the handle to open the door. She just opened the door for him,

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Why not just use hero/villain names?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

re: her quirk it, obviously, doesn't seem like it's just "gun arm" or "hair bullets", it looks like it's something more along the lines of "she can actively mold and reshape her own bodymass", she just happened to specialize in using it as a gun/rifle for reasons. There's a lot of other examples in the series where if they actually thought about how their Quirks worked they could use it in many different ways, they just happen to specialize on the way they're most comfortable using it.

In last week's chapter, you could see that her rifle had what looks like organic bipods holding the barrel steady on the edge of the building lip.

I won't comment on the rest of the chapter until we get the better translation.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Quick question, if she received a quirk from AFO, does that mean he has control over her? I remember back when we were getting some of the history of AFO and how some people would ask him to take away their quirks or give them quirks, he had some way of making them loyal to him as part of the process of transfer, and I don't think it was just that they were grateful for his ability.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dolash posted:

Quick question, if she received a quirk from AFO, does that mean he has control over her? I remember back when we were getting some of the history of AFO and how some people would ask him to take away their quirks or give them quirks, he had some way of making them loyal to him as part of the process of transfer, and I don't think it was just that they were grateful for his ability.

I don't remember this at all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dolash posted:

No, they were just grateful. All For One inspires loyalty in his followers through displays of power. He inspires villains the same way All Might inspired heroes and civilians, it's what makes them mirrors of each other.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dolash posted:

His quirk doesn’t do that, it’s just doing that for people genuinely got him their loyalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Dolash posted:

You're forgetting that that was back when quirks were pretty uncommon and having a mutation quirk would get you extremely ostracized since it hadn't been normalized yet. AFO inspired loyalty because he was either saving people from a life of disfigurement or granting them powers above and beyond bulk of the population that remained quirkless. I know if somebody gave me the ability to shoot lightning out of my hands, they'd be my new best friend.