Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

It’s Lando’s 5th birthday today so he got his special dinner of a turkey cheeseburger and sweet potato fries.

He continues to be a good and patient big brother to little Apollo, and frankly he’s exceeded my expectations significantly.

I love you, big buddy. What a wonderfully good boy you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Omg the two of them i can't take it

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Happy Birthday Lando! :toot:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 11, 2021

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Always 2 there are, a good boy and an apprentice

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
turkey encounter(audio on)

https://i.imgur.com/4vX6RDS.mp4

and puppy-dog eyes sitting in her chair, wanting a treat but not wanting to get up to get it
https://i.imgur.com/rOij0XP.mp4

I love that this chair went from mom's favorite chair, "be careful in that chair I don't want it to be dinged up or damaged in any way, take extra special care with it" to "guess it's the dog's chair now"

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 12, 2021

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Everyone, meet Porter.

He's a four month old cattledog/Shephard mix.

(My daughter's new rescue)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hi, Porter! :luca:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Hi Porter!
Hana says 'hi!'

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hi, Porter! :luca:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
In order to induct Porter into the GIP doghouse of fame, we need more pictures to confirm good boy status

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Is the one ear always up and the other always flopped cuz i love it

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
He's a rescued pup from Kentucky or Tennessee. The rescue group think it was or is a birth defect, or he was hurt or possibly attacked by litter-mates.

He's still skittish around people and noises. He does get along with other dogs though.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Syrian Lannister posted:

Everyone, meet Porter.

He's a four month old cattledog/Shephard mix.

(My daughter's new rescue)

:kimchi:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Captain Invictus posted:

turkey encounter(audio on)

https://i.imgur.com/4vX6RDS.mp4

and puppy-dog eyes sitting in her chair, wanting a treat but not wanting to get up to get it
https://i.imgur.com/rOij0XP.mp4

I love that this chair went from mom's favorite chair, "be careful in that chair I don't want it to be dinged up or damaged in any way, take extra special care with it" to "guess it's the dog's chair now"

I laughed pretty hard at the tree turkey. Good post, good dog, and a good announcer voice.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Good boy status confirmed!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Syrian Lannister posted:

He's a rescued pup from Kentucky or Tennessee. The rescue group think it was or is a birth defect, or he was hurt or possibly attacked by litter-mates.

He's still skittish around people and noises. He does get along with other dogs though.

That’s not a birth defect it’s a birth improvement.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Confirmed i live him to death because of it

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

oh my goodness, what a pup

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rexxed posted:

I laughed pretty hard at the tree turkey. Good post, good dog, and a good announcer voice.
I was trying to get a better shot of it but Noa was wrapping the leash around my legs in an attempt to AT-AT me because she was so excited by the turkeys everywhere, hence the wobbliness at the end there

we went for a walk to get away from the turkeys in the area only to run into two more flocks down the road. luckily they're not interested in tangoing with a 100lb dog, even though they routinely pick fights with cars in the neighborhood

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMep63Ea6/

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yesterday I went to the dog park and a big fight between three dogs broke out. One latched on to a husky and it looked like confetti flying there was so much husky hair. I ran up to the fray and was about to jump in but at the last second thought better of it, because getting bit by someone else’s dog seems like a complicated situation. I’m no hero.

Anyway it all died down and the problem dog left. Tension was still in the air for everyone except Monty, who went up to a dog to play and was immediately attacked.

He’s got a puncture on his side. It’s bothering him. I’m probably going to make a vet appt even though he got updated on all of his shots in August.

It’s scabbed over and not too bad. But the first time a dog snapping at Monty has ever drawn blood.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 13, 2021

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Glad Monty’s ok. Hope you got the other owner’s contact info in case he needs to go on antibiotics or something. I’m no vet but I also think his recovery is contingent on the ample provision of pets, loves and treats.

Dog parks can be gladiator pits and a lot of dog trainers/behaviorists don’t like them for the reason that it only takes one fearful or aggressive dog to spark off a major incident. Lando does great when he goes to doggy day care but I never bring him to dog parks anymore (at least not during the day, we do go into an empty one and play fetch at night with a glow in the dark ball) for that reason. Lando has both been the bully and bullied at dog parks so I know it’s not for him.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I’m glad that so far that every time I’ve taken Pongo to one has been a good experience, and the owners are on their dogs for any untoward behavior.

Working on a patio and he has been an extremely good boy, so I’ll have the burger with bacon, bacon on the side please.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Dog parks around me are hit or miss too. I've been seeing people use empty fenced in little league fields to run and play off leash fetch with their dogs the last couple of years, last year especially.

First couple of times I took Maggie to our local forest preserve one, she just wandered around and ignored all the other dogs. Last time we went, she hung close to me and other people.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Oh god dammit

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sputnik is a dog park bully and I haven't been able to figure out how to get him re-socialized after 2020 and all our dog friends left state over the last two years.

I get a lot of anxiety thinking about it because he used to love running at the park but the last two years have gotten worse and worse with leash aggressiveness and social problems at the park.

I just want him to have dog friends again. I'm okay rn just kinda stuck.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

With all of Kedahs issues i only ever brought her to dog park's at night when noone would be around, usually 11pm or late

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Kiki gets super anxious at the dog park, I’m not a fan.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Aubrie just been fed, but still wanted my toast.
She makes saying no physically hurt sometimes.

(put sound on)
https://i.imgur.com/zWjhhMY.mp4

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Mega Comrade posted:

Aubrie just been fed, but still wanted my toast.
She makes saying no physically hurt sometimes.

(put sound on)
https://i.imgur.com/zWjhhMY.mp4

Give her the toast you monster!!!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I would have had to give her the toast

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I could watch / listen to that all day :3:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik