Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
go to horny hell

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/retrofirearms/status/1392488749150392321?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1392907494263967747?s=21

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

go to horny hell

:supaburn:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I made a vidya-game related thing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy poo poo that rules

ran-zataaa!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
trust only your fists

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

hell yeah that rules

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

the cross-stitch (?) medium really simulates the scanlines that make vg pixel art pop. great job

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

yeah it is cross stitch, and I'm really happy how it turned out. I considered making it on a very dark blue fabric which would have really looked like non-phosphor areas of a CRT peeking through on the inside of the sprite, but the sprite is outlined in a dark color and it might have looked off.

also it was surprisingly difficult to find good reference sprites. best I got was this sheet but if you zoom in on the full sheet you can see the resolution of the sheet is off from the resolution of the sprites leading to some sub-pixel smoothing which I had to edit out.

hope my friend likes it, the SoR series were some of the first games he had.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

the cross-stitch (?) medium really simulates the scanlines that make vg pixel art pop. great job
yea i was trying to articulate what it was made it look so cool and this is exactly it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I bought the FF7 remaster since it was on sale a couple of days ago and I haven't played it in years. The OST is entirely full of bangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocJCsHhIia0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3srk8Dkuo

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
the only final fantasy game i've played is chrono trigger

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

muckin around in NMS, turns out you can survive orbital re-entry in just your exosuit lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_m2avsry9I

edit: lol i never thought of this as a solution to that challenge i'm so dumb! vvv

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 14, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oooooh yeah, the season challenge requires you to be airborne in a suit for 30 seconds, right? guess i never considered hopping off a cruiser

the discover new systems one is frustrating me. i suppose i should grab coords from another character and pop to better location but I wanted to do it as a fully independent character

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i haven't been back on my expedition character i prolly should. easiest way to discover new systems would probably be to to find the nearest wormhole and then branch from there.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i haven't been back on my expedition character i prolly should. easiest way to discover new systems would probably be to to find the nearest wormhole and then branch from there.

that's what I thought! my luck must be bad; two wormholes in and the neighboring few systems were all discovered, and at least one was a few years old. if I keep going I'm sure I'll find fresh stars

i switched to my main to pop around and build more bases and almost forgot about expeditions entirely

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

that's what I thought! my luck must be bad; two wormholes in and the neighboring few systems were all discovered, and at least one was a few years old. if I keep going I'm sure I'll find fresh stars

i switched to my main to pop around and build more bases and almost forgot about expeditions entirely

maybe taking a wormhole, then jumping a few systems laterally and taking another wormhole will do the trick. if you find an undiscovered system taking the nearest wormhole to that should do the trick in theory

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
thinking about seeking out and then eagerly diving into a wormhole just to get as far away as possible from your posts

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

good then no one will ever see your posts again

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

subnaut sub zero is out today

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I bought the FF7 remaster since it was on sale a couple of days ago and I haven't played it in years. The OST is entirely full of bangers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3srk8Dkuo

hell yeah that was a great tune to just leave on. this is another cracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NYh1QN_A6k

i listened to remakes soundtrack and was amazed at how flat some of the new versions of songs were

old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXs-Gpld_8

new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtopyUBoLA

:geno:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/7milespank/status/1392716187180568578

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Someone just listed this lot on Facebook. Guess what the asking price is?

100€. (I think that's like 40 000 USD?)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Roosevelt posted:

subnaut sub zero is out today

i’m about three hours in. it feels good to be back. my only gripe so far is that they added a voice to your character which i really don’t like in general and feels especially out of place in a game like this

of course then i ran into the other character so now i know why she has a voice :haw:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's pretty fun but the on land parts are not as good as the underwater parts

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If I loved Dishonoured and have (but haven't yet played) Dishonoured 2 is the 2014 Thief game worth it or will it be strictly a downgrade?

E: I really liked the other Thief games, I even didn't mind the semi-open world one that wasn't actually open world and was so poorly received that it almost tanked the franchise.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 15, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just play dishonored 2 imo, i didn’t really like thief

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I heard it was even better than the first one. How was the third one? (They were bundled on Steam & it was almost cheaper to get them both).

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
there’s a front page third dishonored game???

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I'm playing dishonored 2 right now and it's certainly good. haven't played 2014 thief.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

bump_fn posted:

there’s a front page third dishonored game???

Death Of The Author Outsider but it's supposed to be mechanically different, doesn't have the karma system* from the first two or some poo poo?

*: I was legit :smith: when I realized that I had basically hosed-up whats-her-name's future rule by making with the stabby on all the guards the first time I played through.

E: D2 is going to be Steampunk Greece rather than Steampunk London right?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is basically Dishonored 2.5. Bit too heavy to be DLC, much too short and similar to 2 to qualify as a full-scale sequel. It's set in the same place as 2 and is just as gorgeous and finely-tuned, but it's quite a bit shorter, reuses one map from 2, and it throws in a lot of new game mechanics which you really don't get much of a chance to explore before the game is over.

I liked it. If it's cheap to get, get it.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

nothing better than games that don't overstay their welcome imo.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

nothing better than games that don't overstay their welcome imo.

preach

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the one thing that's starting to get to me in pathfinder: kingmaker, is that i always have to end up retreating back to my outpost to heal ability score damage. overall, despite the world map travel, it definitely feels more constraining than pillars of eternity 2

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

dioxazine posted:

the one thing that's starting to get to me in pathfinder: kingmaker, is that i always have to end up retreating back to my outpost to heal ability score damage. overall, despite the world map travel, it definitely feels more constraining than pillars of eternity 2

There's a difficulty option which lets you heal ability score damage in one rest, I just turned that on as it's bullshit busywork otherwise

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

oh nice. thanks, i was getting incredibly annoyed with having to run back to base every time I got "permanent" damage to some stat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

If I loved Dishonoured and have (but haven't yet played) Dishonoured 2 is the 2014 Thief game worth it or will it be strictly a downgrade?

E: I really liked the other Thief games, I even didn't mind the semi-open world one that wasn't actually open world and was so poorly received that it almost tanked the franchise.
2014 Thief wasn't anything great iirc. also a cross-gen (e.g. ps3/ps4) release so worst of both worlds. there's probably a playable demo

i only got like 3 hours in tho