Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

passssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

more like pissword

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

possibly they are correct if they mean glyphs and you count all ways of using combining characters in unicode. so a full-on zalgo password or so.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

my strategy is to use only characters that look dangerous, to scare the hackers away

like this guy, i think he's a scorpion: ¥

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you know drat well whoever wrote that only allows ascii

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

possibly they are correct if they mean glyphs and you count all ways of using combining characters in unicode. so a full-on zalgo password or so.

Possibly they are correct if they ignore reality.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the penis hieroglyph is my secret sauce

e: how do I delete this?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Carthag Tuek posted:

more like pissword

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

stop hacking me :mad:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

:wtc:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

PassOwOrd

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

hunter2

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Man Jeffrey's been implementing some cool new features

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Shame Boy posted:

like this guy, i think he's a scorpion: ¥

Reported because this glyph is too scary.

mystes
May 31, 2006

A Man With A Plan posted:

Lol I forgot that that IRC log was where hunter2 came from.

mystes fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 15, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

hobbesmaster posted:

strange thread to post this in. if anyone would understand why you need to shut everything down until you can do a damage assessment its this one

also, billing is probably where they find out how to route the gas at the terminus so i'm not sure how they could operate anyway?

Because you assholes should look beyond "lol computers get hacked when i do this" and think a little about public policy and how infosec affects the daily lives of people in this an every other country on earth.

Like it or not secfuck prevention is now public policy and you assholes are experts and need to loving do something.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i guess what they're doing there is multiplying character count by alternatives? so 64*26 is only 1664 but 256*8 is 2048, something like that

to make it correct with actually valid math you need a "complex character" to be 300 bits, so yeah, abusive zalgo grapheme cluster land

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe the government should have cared when we were warning them instead lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ewiley posted:

Because you assholes should look beyond "lol computers get hacked when i do this" and think a little about public policy and how infosec affects the daily lives of people in this an every other country on earth.

Like it or not secfuck prevention is now public policy and you assholes are experts and need to loving do something.

what

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ewiley posted:

you know if you route something to a full tank because you have no idea where the gas is supposed to go bad things will happen too right?

mystes
May 31, 2006

If it's a legitimate cyber-attack, the pipeline has a way of shutting it down.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

mystes posted:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mystes posted:

:hmmyes:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mystes posted:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mystes posted:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

mystes posted:

:hmmyes:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

mystes posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

hobbesmaster posted:

you know if you route something to a full tank because you have no idea where the gas is supposed to go bad things will happen too right?

Cool, cool, just pretend that infosec has no role in ICS security, just go on with your lives. Just absolve yourselves because "the government doesnt do enough" and you can't possibly do anything. It's fine, just have a bath and dont' worry about it.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

mystes posted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mystes posted:

idk what people are fighting about but :yosnice:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Carthag Tuek posted:

more like pissword

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

ewiley posted:

actually i dont

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i am more confused than i normally am in yospos

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A Man With A Plan posted:

I enjoyed this post way more than I should have.

As the ABBA song goes:
♫ Quoting me, quoting you, ahaa, there is nothing you can't post ♫

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick

I had a credit card with this bank. couple of months ago the app wouldn’t let me in, after I entered my credentials it would say that I needed to change my username (my first name) and wouldn’t let me move past that.
called their support a couple of times and got told the usual “security reasons” bs so I asked to speak to someone who could explain the security reasons to me. not possible. so I ask what I should change it to? I really don’t want to create an identity like “sk8rboi2021” for my bank login, and I have accounts with 4 other banks which all use my name or email (containing my name) as my login, so either their security is crap or your excuse of “security reasons” is crap. eventually get told I can add in something like my date of birth to it so it’s still my name but not my name. so adding in even *more* pii is a security enhancement apparently.
eventually told them to close the account when I couldn’t get through to anyone who could explain this to me. got a call back from retentions asking why I wanted to close the account. she got back to me a few days later saying actually there was a problem with my account in that someone else also had the same username so we needed to change it to resolve the conflict. had nothing to do with security at all.

only reason I kept the account open until then anyways was cos I got a free Apple Watch for meeting some activity goals every week (discovery bank is owned by discovery medical aid, the bank doesn’t have its own perverse desire for me to keep fit but the medical aid does), but there was so little time left on that benefit that I just canned it and paid out whatever was still owing.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

mystes posted:

hahahahaha

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i am more confused than i normally am in yospos

i think he's saying the yospos white hat strike force should've assembled by now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

mystes posted:

idgi