Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If I were massively in love with The Saint’s Magic is Omnipotent what would be another show I should watch.

It reminds me a lot of that Snow White with Red Hair show which I also loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

have you watched The Ancient Magus Bride

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kater posted:

If I were massively in love with The Saint’s Magic is Omnipotent what would be another show I should watch.

It reminds me a lot of that Snow White with Red Hair show which I also loved.

Yona of the Dawn is a good one

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ooo I never watched that one but had wanted to.

dogsicle posted:

have you watched The Ancient Magus Bride

Ya I have it was lovely.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait has there been a magus bride movie?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

other than the series there's the prequel OVA, and they recently announced another similar style OVA to be written by Kore Yamazaki, same as the first

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Kwyndig posted:

They don't need to, they both have fax machines. They want to.

Just like the recent episode made a point of showing her driving past train stations.

This show is seriously just a step and half away from being a Honda Super Cub themed screen saver. It's good though.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Kwyndig posted:

They don't need to, they both have fax machines. They want to.

I assumed the point was to give the orphaned child a chance to earn some money outside of the state’s stipend.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nitrousoxide posted:

I assumed the point was to give the orphaned child a chance to earn some money outside of the state’s stipend.

My read was that it was a job available for any kid with a bike, she just applied and got it.

Sana-kan
Nov 6, 2009
I think couriering documents might be a thing in Japan, the Let's Ask Shogo guy on YouTube did a video on it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Sana-kan posted:

I think couriering documents might be a thing in Japan, the Let's Ask Shogo guy on YouTube did a video on it.

Courier work is a thing basically everywhere. A lot of hospitals have couriers to take documents and other stuff to/from medical records/central processing/wherever to off campus facilities.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I can easily see places like Schools/Hospitals/etc still wanting the original hard copy document for keeping records

Edit: and in a small town/City School seems like the type of place where just relying on hard copy of documents for security just seems cheaper than trying to maintain and run a secure computer system

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 13, 2021

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also faxing is a big pain in the rear end for a set of documents of any size more than a couple pages, and is a pain even for just a couple pages. For a short enough distance a courier might even be faster.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finally finished vlad love and my final thoughts on it are that oshii tried his best, but he's been beaten by the writer of flowers at writing yuri romances where half of the jokes are characters shouting out classic hollywood films and trying to tie them into their depression about being single and closeted, though the gag about them spending five minutes talking about interviews with the vampire and its bl fandom was on the right track

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/animenewsnet/status/1393083668986572803?s=21

Anime announcement when?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

jahy-sama incoming, i assume 2 cours means it's a short since comedies never get that much but maybe...?

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1393145062377201664

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
has to be shorts, there's so little substance in the series itself that they'd have to add quite a bit of anime-only content to stretch it out

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Invictus posted:

has to be shorts, there's so little substance in the series itself that they'd have to add quite a bit of anime-only content to stretch it out

I don't know the series, but couldn't they congest a lot of small skits into a single episode like Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou do?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1393242788888682496?s=19

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

So does this mean that they will be gone for good?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't really keep on eye on streaming catalogs besides add/drop announcements, but while I think shows have come back, it's definitely after a good while.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

aniplex shows should all still be on funimation. they might come back to crunchyroll if/when the sale goes through.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Captain Invictus posted:

Uzaki-chan got greenlit for the anime just after volume 1 came out, and the entire substance of that is 'girl has big baps'.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

sinky posted:

Uzaki-chan got greenlit for the anime just after volume 1 came out, and the entire substance of that is 'girl has big baps'.

So you're saying it's substance is "Money"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Watch Samurai Flamenco while you can

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all of the shows on that list are available on Funimation if not elsewhere...except ROD TV and Occult Academy

but also yes people should watch Samumenco

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i've been pretty down on slime witch in general but thought today's ep was a genuinely great comedic buildup and payoff. also better animation than usual which always helps

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

dogsicle posted:

all of the shows on that list are available on Funimation if not elsewhere...except ROD TV and Occult Academy

but also yes people should watch Samumenco

Wagnaria isn’t available anywhere other than Crunchyroll.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
What's the best "review the older anime you just watched" thread? I think there was one a while back, but if so it seems to be inactive now. I'm watching s-CRY-ed right now, and I think I'll make a big post about it when I finish. Should I use the recommendation thread (despite my review not being entirely positive)? Or will I have to use the general chat thread? I'm actually tempted to post it in the General Mecha Thread, since one of the things that most strikes me about it is how heavily it uses mecha anime tropes despite not containing actual mecha (it's a Sunrise anime).

I feel like there should be a general review-posting thread. We used to have the ADTRWiki for posting reviews, but I'm pretty sure that's dead or mostly dead now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

looks like they chose Die over Read

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm gonna buy a super cub

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm gonna buy a super cub

Make sure you get the best kind of oil for it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do people here like Tokyo Revengers at all? I've read around half the manga and have been watching the anime which is like... literally just chapter for chapter what the manga is, word for word and panel for panel. I'm finding it entertaining but I'm wondering if it'll go total Butterfly Effect "you can't escape this poo poo" like it's been hinting at

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Aesop Poprock posted:

Do people here like Tokyo Revengers at all? I've read around half the manga and have been watching the anime which is like... literally just chapter for chapter what the manga is, word for word and panel for panel. I'm finding it entertaining but I'm wondering if it'll go total Butterfly Effect "you can't escape this poo poo" like it's been hinting at

I've enjoyed what's been put out of the anime so far, but it's not anything mindblowing.

Also the decision to light beam censor the Manjis, you know, the thing the gang is named after, in some airings was really stupid.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Silver2195 posted:

What's the best "review the older anime you just watched" thread? I think there was one a while back, but if so it seems to be inactive now. I'm watching s-CRY-ed right now, and I think I'll make a big post about it when I finish. Should I use the recommendation thread (despite my review not being entirely positive)? Or will I have to use the general chat thread? I'm actually tempted to post it in the General Mecha Thread, since one of the things that most strikes me about it is how heavily it uses mecha anime tropes despite not containing actual mecha (it's a Sunrise anime).

I feel like there should be a general review-posting thread. We used to have the ADTRWiki for posting reviews, but I'm pretty sure that's dead or mostly dead now.

Generally people will just post their thoughts of older stuff they watched in the relative threads, whether for the show itself, the genre, or the general chat thread. There's also no rule against just making a new thread to discuss what you've just watched, or to discuss old shows in general. A few years back we had a thread about watching 2006/7 anime iirc.

And yeah the ADTRW wiki is 100% dead.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

i liked the 13 volumes i read of the manga, zero interest in the anime after checking out the OP/ED and seeing the general downgrade to Wakui's original art. common thing when it comes to anime adaptations though, so i don't hold it against the series. the heavy censorship in the recent episode is a real shame and i'd recommend people either seek out a proper version of the show or go entirely to the manga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've posted my thoughts about it after binging the entire manga and it's very solid for a good 12 or so volumes, and then there is a point where a certain character dies and it goes off the rails extremely hard. For a bit more spoilery specificity: there is a character who is kept around basically for the express purpose of being fridged, they are around in the background a fair amount but get literally almost zero character development throughout the series because their only purpose is to be innocent and disposable, it's so blatant it's ridiculous. and they are barely referenced afterwards. the people who were responsible for their murder get more coverage than they do. it's bad

after that there's a good two full arcs that I was just like "this is just going through the motions and I don't give a single poo poo about any of this but I've trapped myself with the sunk cost fallacy", there's a good bit afterwards where it could totally end right there, but there's a moment where I literally think the editors were like "no, we have an anime airing right now, you can't end the series here" and so right back into the poo poo we went.

Also, the main character never improves. He never really betters himself beyind "I mustn't run away!!!", he just sits there and gets the poo poo beat out of him every single time until someone dives in at the last second to stop the blow that would kill him or whatever, you can set your watch to it. There is a series, Rokudou's Bad Girls, with a similarly wimpy protagonist, and there's an entire arc where he realizes he needs to knuckle down and improve if he's going to take on serious responsibilities. And he does! and it affects the rest of the manga, because he strove to improve his situation! but the Revengers protagonist barely does at all the entire time. It's purely shonen determination rather than improving himself. The situations get increasingly more absurd and the way they handle the villain of the series is just...I mean, this is a big spoiler, so don't hover over this I guess if you still care, but: when he's about to explain things, he becomes good friends with truck-kun. perfectly timed to deny any closure. it's bad

so basically, I dunno how quickly tokyo revengers the anime is going through the manga stuff, but it probably won't reach the point where it jumps the shark. that said, if there's a season 2 or it intrigues you to hop into the manga, I do not recommend continuing.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

I've enjoyed what's been put out of the anime so far, but it's not anything mindblowing.

Also the decision to light beam censor the Manjis, you know, the thing the gang is named after, in some airings was really stupid.

Not some airings, it's only on Crunchyroll

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Is it airing anywhere else (outside of Japan and Asia)? I wouldn't be surprised if the censorship kept up, or alternately they could air a Blade of the Immortal style notice at the beginning of each episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Goddamn, the latest Vivy and Back Arrow have both been amazing. :suspense: