Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0DAH2kIvfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

They call him.. Shinigami Sanders.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
im gonna reap the moon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I posted that twice in the ffxiv thread but nobody responded so I'm hoping it lands better here

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Reaper reaper that's what people call me

Why?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

im gonna reap the moon

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I disagree with your thoughts about the combat but thanks for the excuse to make yakisoba (pan)

Holy wow that looks amazing, much better than mine (it was just soba with yakisoba sauce from the Asian store and canned eel)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I disagree with your thoughts about the combat but thanks for the excuse to make yakisoba (pan)

:allears:

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

'Cause they all die.

:iiam:

A bullet mystery.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m never going to beat Outer Wilds. I get the praise for it but going around hoping to find a scrap of information before I run out of time doesn’t spark joy for me. I think that if I had been really dedicated when I first started it maybe I could have powered through. Now when I play it I pretty much follow a guide and that’s not really fun when I could just watch a video of the end.

I got pretty far, discovered some neat stuff, but I’m happy to let it go despite all the praise the end gets.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I also made peace with the fact that I was too big of a baby to explore dark bramble so I just played a bunch and YouTube'd the ending. I feel like I got enough out of that game.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

life is hard but it still feels good to throw sale games on the backlog pile

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Life comes at you fast

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I also recently made Yakisoba Pan and it's good as heck but I can't be trusted so it won't be in the regular rotation.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
You know what would probably be really good?

Yakisoba naan.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Last Celebration posted:

Yakisoba naan.

Heck yeah

What about... yakisoba flan????

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I had an idea for a naan calzone, basically a naan pocket stuffed with paneer tikka. I lack the technical skill to execute it though

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've found the secret to things in the calzone family is that you usually think you can stuff more stuff in there than you actually can.

But I still do it. :colbert:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

wuggles posted:

I had an idea for a naan calzone, basically a naan pocket stuffed with paneer tikka. I lack the technical skill to execute it though

You'll never learn if you don't try.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yakisoba Pasty

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I'll attend a yakisoba party.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I was too much of a coward to finish Outer Wilds. also I kept getting eaten by fish and taking into account the travel time I just got tired of trying. I was really enjoying it up until then too, I should really just YouTube the ending.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Outer Wilds has a fantastic finale, I definitely recommend at least trying to watch it somewhere

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't think I've ever tried yakisoba, but the look of it doesn't appeal to me. I've fallen out of love with mist pasta and it's mainly a texture thing. Thin noodles just feel slimy and gross to me now when I used to love ramen and spaghetti. Now I'm all about the shells and shapes, and occasionally a bit of fettuccine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also the Outer Wilds is probably not something I will ever try. I don't enjoy games on a timer.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's not really on a timer, you have infinite loops. The timer is more a cap on how long a wild goose chase can be, and a hint as to how long it takes to fully explore any one destination.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Outer Wilds was definitely my Goaty of whatever year it came out, but I did have to look up what to do on the quick sand planet and the trick for getting past the fishies.

I enjoyed the ending, but it really reminded me in concept of an old SciFi book series about flying cities that had some very similar ideas towards the end.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Walla posted:

Also the Outer Wilds is probably not something I will ever try. I don't enjoy games on a timer.

It's not a timer, it's a loop. When you miss something on a timer, it's gone. Here no matter what you missed you just need to be there again 20 minutes later.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

to be honest I've been getting sick of these 24 hour timers I'm having to deal with every day

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Another good game about loops? Minit, from the makers of Disc Room

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alright I got Pokemon Snap. I don't think I'm enjoying it at the same level as other people but it is fun. I don't get a ton of catharsis out of taking a really good photo because, I don't know, the kayfabe just doesn't really work for me. Everything is staged, so of course the photos are gonna be good. It's not the same as getting a screenshot in a game where the stars just happened to align for a great photo - I don't get nearly the same catharsis out of seeing the Pokemon photos as I do seeing insanely lucky killing blows on monsters in MonHun. In a similar vein, I think the scoring rules are a little lame for photo evaluations. You get the most points for having the Pokemon look directly at you, in the center of the screen, the bigger the better. Diamond-ranked photos are very often just super close-ups because the size score is such a disproportionately high consideration.

That being said, I think this is a really interesting puzzle game that I like way more than things like Tetris or Picross. There's a billion small interactions the game will give you hints about and you have to figure out what you can do to coax them out. The sand level is a little lame but the rest have been really neat and dense so far - some Pokes just hand you diamond photos by the sake of being close to the camera, but a lot of other ones you have to actively plan out. There's a bunch of Pokes I have at 3900 points (diamond rank is 4000) and it's kind of annoying to be like "okay do I just try and see if I can wait for the right nanosecond to hit 4k or do I change my approach", but there's so much else going on in a stage that I haven't yet had to loop around again just for a single photo. Some photos seem kind of finicky though and I'm not sure exactly how the request system works. I have a photo of a Tailow in flight - do I need to save that one to my Dex to complete the report? Or is the game just being really weird and it's not a good enough photo?

All in all it's pretty much what I was hoping for, which is a nice game to play while I'm taking a break from something else. I'm about to start working from home and I have a ton of games I want to play right now. Cataclysm DDA, I want to try and like Persona 5 Strikers really badly, I'm still trying to 100% Nier Replicant, Monster Hunter, SMT Nocturne comes out soon, I'm kind of interested in Biomutant???? and then playing some Eternal Return: Black Survival now that a few of my friends have started playing it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Macro time limits are cool, I like RPGs that use them

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

all games are on a timer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What is a game, but ones and zeroes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Macro time limits are cool, I like RPGs that use them

yeah the arland trilogy rules

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Hwurmp posted:

all games are on a timer

:stare:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah the arland trilogy rules

Yes I had this in mind, might explain why the fourth game couldn’t click with me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All games are forever, but us as gamers, we are the ones that are on the timers.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i didn't like Outer Wilds' timer because i think and explore very methodically, i like to clean out a location from top to bottom in one go, and the game says no, you are too slow. start over. which absolutely kills my thought process, my focus, and my will to try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

All the Pokémon Snap requests are asking for a very specific event, usually (but not always) a special 3 or 4 star photo. You just have to show that photo to the professor for it to count, don't have to keep them.

With 213 requests (one for every Pokémon except Vivillon) they aren't all winners. Some are obnoxious to get, others, like the Tailow, are pretty lame. And then occasionally it can be finicky with not accepting a shot that's juuuust off of what it's looking for. But it's worth it for the ones that lead you to truly breathtaking or funny interactions, as well as the ones that end up being tricky and satisfying to solve.