Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Caked Poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Without Quake 2 we would never have gotten Kingpin, the greatest FPS of all time

https://youtu.be/-m2Ru4so3Xg

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

absolutely anything posted:

gaming for me is a religion, and haze is the poo poo.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
This is the game with guys huffing cannisters of farts and you can shoot the cannisters and make them OD

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SpaceAceJase posted:

This is the game with guys huffing cannisters of farts and you can shoot the cannisters and make them OD

How much did you get paid to star in it?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

I want to know which 10 games DIED TRYING

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao

I want to know which 10 games DIED TRYING

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That rating system blows but also how dare they rate heretic 2 a 6/10.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

drat. RIP

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

psssh… we’ve already seen this waaaay late “Alien” game on the Jaguar. Give us a call when you come up with something everybody hasn’t already played for years on our Atari Jaguars. do the math you fuckers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Haze-y Maze Cave.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my memorys hazy OP

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Haze-y Maze Cave.

the scuttlebug is back! :aaa:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
just bought a ps3 to get wipeout hd from the playstation store before it shuts down, and heck, i'm going to be playing haze on this motherfucker too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

"game x-killer" was always an alarm bell that a game was not, in fact, a game x-killer. i haven't heard it being used in a while so i guess marketing wised up

Lmao

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Star Trek: Klingon Honor Guard looks badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dauntless: The next Monster Hunter killer?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

just bought a ps3 to get wipeout hd from the playstation store before it shuts down, and heck, i'm going to be playing haze on this motherfucker too

badass, please post an LP if you would be so kind.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Haze was reviewed on XPlay. Now i'm thinking about Adam Sessler.

"Two. Out of five."

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

amazing phase your days your Haze-y ways my blazing arrow

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i don't, op

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Speaking of 2000s-era marketing, remember that tie-in Linkin Park did with Medal of Honor reboot and Warfighter? Really picked a winning franchise that time

The part that stood out to me was that the studio behind it actually put out a press release about how they've brainstormed a new name (Danger Close studios) to give themselves a unique identity away from the EA morass. But then Warfighter tanked and they went back to being EA port studio #117

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lionel Hutz business card saying it's "Danger, Close Studio!"

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

je1 healthcare posted:

The part that stood out to me was that the studio behind it actually put out a press release about how they've brainstormed a new name (Danger Close studios) to give themselves a unique identity away from the EA morass. But then Warfighter tanked and they went back to being EA port studio #117
looking it up and geez, that studio's gone through a few identities

DreamWorks Interactive > EA LA > Danger Close > DICE LA

i think the head of respawn took control recently so expect another name change soon. how long will it last?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Letting the Haze go by
Letting Free Radical go down

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I just remembered haze, op

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

I just remembered haze, op

same here, every time i see this topic I remember it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Haze Gone

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

(remember the 90s voice) Do you remember Haze

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Remember Haze

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can feel Haze......but I can’t remember it....

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Nameless One awakens, confused and disoriented on a mortuary slab. Looking over his body, he finds it tattooed with innumerable names, addresses, cryptic instructions. The largest and most urgent tattoo centers itself on his chest, standing out in bold lettering. Remember Haze

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Hey, chief. You okay? You playing Haze or putting the blinds on the Dusties? I thought you were a gamer for sure.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Our hero is dragged into consciousness with the mother of all hangovers. Stumbling downstairs, trying to repair his fractured psyche, he meets a stern and disapproving detective.

The detective introduces himself as Kim Katsuragi, and asks a few pointed questions. Do you remember your name? Do you know what job you are here for?

And most importantly... do you remember Haze?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Haze killed your wife.

Don’t believe Free Radical’s lies.

Remember Sammy Jankis

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your third wish. What will it be?'

'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'

'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'

'All right,' said the man, 'I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to remember Haze.'

'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your third wish. What will it be?'

'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'

'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'

'All right,' said the man, 'I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to remember Haze.'

'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted: