Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Two face taking a particularly sideways poo poo.

Battarang be like :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Scarecrow is having non of this poo poo :colbert:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
noo batman!

I love this

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

AArgh!

aaagh!

AARGH!

Aagh!

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 15, 2021

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I guess Punisher 2099 is seen as some kind of parody now but I remember reading a random issue or two in the 90s and thinking this is trying way to hard to be edgy (now gimme me some Spawn comics to read)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

catlord posted:

I really like this.

to be fair it is really great, yes.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Madkal posted:

I guess Punisher 2099 is seen as some kind of parody now but I remember reading a random issue or two in the 90s and thinking this is trying way to hard to be edgy (now gimme me some Spawn comics to read)
Punisher 2099 was written by Pat Mills and Tony Skinner, who created/co-created Judge Dredd and Marshal Law.

There's a thin line in 1990s comics sometimes between parody/satire and paycheck cashing (see: Lobo) but from re-reading the first few issues, the whole book is far less straight-faced than my childhood recollection of it was.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FIGHTER OF THE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Feel like this was taken from a 90s music video.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

FIGHTER OF THE

Please do not disrespect Night Man. He had his own television series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbVoKgxenk0

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kyle Hotz is great. He uses blacks incredibly well in his drawings. Yeah he exaggerates muscles, but whatever, it's comic book art.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

And i am fabulous!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Kyle Hotz is great. He uses blacks incredibly well in his drawings. Yeah he exaggerates muscles, but whatever, it's comic book art.

I love his work. I think I first encountered him on the last RUNE mini after Marvel bought Malibu and I was pretty enamored by his style.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

4/10 for anatomy, but 10/10 for grimace.

I think I've still got the comic adaptations of Robocop 1 and 2 somewhere.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah man what is up with these guys and anatomy don't they know what people look like :shrug:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Man those are nice

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I am Robin's problematic glossy, ruby lips :allears:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

That Robin is a girl so it makes sense.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
does tradd moore have any ongoings

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Edge & Christian posted:

Punisher 2099 was written by Pat Mills and Tony Skinner, who created/co-created Judge Dredd and Marshal Law.

There's a thin line in 1990s comics sometimes between parody/satire and paycheck cashing (see: Lobo) but from re-reading the first few issues, the whole book is far less straight-faced than my childhood recollection of it was.
Mills loathes superheroes and spent a whole Marshal Law story ripping into the entire concept of the Punisher as being outright fascist, so even not having read 2099 I'd imagine it as some combination of satire and critique (with extreme amounts of violence and anti-authoritarian politics).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Night Man sounds more like a Mega Man villain than a superhero.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Not enough artists IMO make good use of contrast like that and rather tend to draw an outline around everything and then fill it in. Sin City era Frank Miller, Bernie Wrightson and Mike Mignola are good examples of what I mean by making good use of light and shadow, where form and depth are defined by solid SHAPES of black and white. Kirby/Sinnott made really good use of heavy ink also.

I've posted Wrightson's Frankenstein before and it's amazing how little actual contour lines he uses. Think the opposite approach of a coloring book.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Frank? FRANK?!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Not enough artists IMO make good use of contrast like that and rather tend to draw an outline around everything and then fill it in. Sin City era Frank Miller, Bernie Wrightson and Mike Mignola are good examples of what I mean by making good use of light and shadow, where form and depth are defined by solid SHAPES of black and white. Kirby/Sinnott made really good use of heavy ink also.

I can't remember any specific artist but man I love when people try to mimic Mike Mignola's style when they obviously don't understand how it actually works. Just absolute trainwreck art.

Same with all those 90's folks that you can tell are trying to draw like Jim Lee by way of Michael Turner in some horrible game of art-style telephone.

To actually contribute, that first Kyle Hotz image a couple posts back has big Byrne Hogarth Dynamic Anatomy vibes in the musculature - I dig it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Timotheous Venture posted:

I can't remember any specific artist but man I love when people try to mimic Mike Mignola's style when they obviously don't understand how it actually works. Just absolute trainwreck art.
The only 90s Mignola clone that springs to mind (and it was a relatively brief period of his career) was Tom Grindberg:

At least I think that was what he was going for? If you look at his work before and after this brief period he was much more of a Neal Adams/John Buscema clone.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Doctor War!
Silver Thunder!
Strange Machine!
Surfer Strike!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

At least I think that was what he was going for? If you look at his work before and after this brief period he was much more of a Neal Adams/John Buscema clone.

It looks a bit Walt Simonson-ish to me, although Simonson doesn't use that kind of heavy inking.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Lobok posted:

Night Man sounds more like a Mega Man villain than a superhero.

Night Man is well known for being the nemesis of Day Man, and is commonly seen paying the troll toll to get into a boy’s soul.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Strange Machine!

Strange Machine is an excellent name. I'm not sure for what, but it's great.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

That Robin is a girl so it makes sense.

oh whew :kiddo:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Doctor War!
Silver Thunder!
Strange Machine!
Surfer Strike!

I am on board for all of these, let's loving go

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 16, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You're on board for Surfer Strike.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Behold! The Silver Thunder!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

what i love about batman trying to wrap his cape around croc to smother him and knock him out is he tried this in the first book on another guy and it worked,but in book 2 everything is flipped and what worked the first time tends to go wrong (and vice versa).

I really love earth one and the subtle changes,it’s first time i’ve ever preordered a comic.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Internet Wizard posted:

Night Man is well known for being the nemesis of Day Man, and is commonly seen paying the troll toll to get into a boy’s soul.

A boy's hole?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

The good

The bad

The ugly

The overrated

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

really stretching the “no kill” thing there you two.

i see a few flaws here....

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

This rules. I imagine someone trying to tell him how many ways this will go wrong and Frank just gruffly ignoring it and getting into his sweet rear end van.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It probably wouldn't actually blow up since most rocket launchers have a minimum distance they have to go until they're armed. Would still completely gently caress that guy up though.