Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Demons are gonna win the flag, baby! Maybe the dogs though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Dogs...bad?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If not for some really bad goalkicking Carlton should have pushed it out to a 40 point margin in the 3rd and that might have been enough to break it

Seems inevitable that the dogs will hit the front at some point and I’m not sure Carlton has enough to rebound from that

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 9, 2021

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Carlton should have closed the door on this one in the third. Dogs have been irresistible ever since they got a sniff of it, they're great to watch when they're up and about.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah poor kicking at goals in the third hosed us.

Also the fact we only won 7 centre clearances for the match.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Yeah poor kicking at goals in the third hosed us.

Also the fact we only won 7 centre clearances for the match.

3 more than us :chanpop:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shia Bolton broke his wrist punching some fuckwit who was getting grabby with Daniel Rioli’s partner apparently

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/willie-rioli-to-face-court-for-alleged-drug-possession-20210511-p57qr9.html

Also Willie Rioli is in drugs-based trouble again. Just before he was due to start training with the Eagles again.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/willie-rioli-to-face-court-for-alleged-drug-possession-20210511-p57qr9.html

Also Willie Rioli is in drugs-based trouble again. Just before he was due to start training with the Eagles again.

Preeeeetty drat stupid from Willie. He'll get off with a fine but just where is your headspace at if you're deciding to get on a plane with weed and your name is fuckin Willie Rioli... It does sort of put to bed any doubt of his version of events when it came to his WADA/ASADA testing though, blokes clearly not very bright.

Honestly think the best thing for him is to get back into the club and system as soon as possible, don't delay his start to training or even playing. Help him out by getting him back amongst the playing group. He basically needs a full time minder.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Big news for AFLW coming from today:

quote:

ALL 18 clubs will have a NAB AFL Women's team by the end of 2023, with the AFL Commission throwing the doors open to expansion and bringing the start of the season forward to December.

The next AFLW season will begin in December this year to give the 10-round competition clear air and prevent an overlap with the AFL competition, with the Grand Final to be held in mid-March, 2022.

Next year will have a season starting in December and ending March 2022, with no overlap to the men’s AFL season.

Next season will still have 14 teams, and whether the remaining four teams join in 2022/23 or later.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I really like the plan to start in December. It can even move back further when the last four teams come in, and they can play a proper season where everyone plays each other once.

It will also be very nice to have an extra couple of months of footy during the usual offseason. That will mean essentially only October and November without footy being played.

They'll probably need to schedule mostly twilight and evening games to avoid the worst of the heat, but hey, it's not like they haven't been playing most of the season in summer to this point anyway.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I like the idea of AFLW not getting drowned out by the men’s comp, but I’m really not sure about having semi-professionals playing a game of footy in 40-45 degree heat which we are guaranteed to have come up if the season goes December-March

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jack Steven not in great shape for one year out of the game tbh

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Jesus Saints

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

St. Kilda are poopy.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Investigate 3.11

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Football can gently caress off

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

They sure hosed that right up, Geelong were absolutely ripe for a loss

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I knew Saints would lose. I just want to know why the gently caress ESPN thinks I want to see the NRL ladder on the desktop site. Now I have to use the mobile app arughelghj.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Buddy should probably just have a shot at goal some time this century

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Unless Essendon get annihilated we aren’t getting a 17th vs 18th fixture for the third consecutive week. Here’s hoping

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Whatcha gonna do richmond, when Hulkamania runs wild on you

:vince:

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 15, 2021

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Whatcha gonna do richmond, when Hulkamania runs wild on you

:vince:

Win the match in a thriller, apparently!

Solemn Sloth posted:

I like the idea of AFLW not getting drowned out by the men’s comp, but I’m really not sure about having semi-professionals playing a game of footy in 40-45 degree heat which we are guaranteed to have come up if the season goes December-March

That is happening already though. February is pretty much the hottest month of the year and there is almost always a massive heatwave around March in Adelaide at least. That being said, I can see an argument that doing it for four months straight is tougher.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Some real entertaining footy happened today. Also I think 7 seemed to be using a lot more of the behind the goals camera during general play, it was fantastic when they stuck with it for basically a whole end to end play, gave you so much better of an idea of what was going on.

I don’t expect they’ll abandon their default wing and pocket cameras, and I imagine the general audience tends to like the action shots they produce, but I hope they keep peppering some different shots in there in the future.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Umpire refuses to tell the Carlton player to gently caress off out of the protected area and instead penalises his opponent. Get hosed you useless prick

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I'm liking James Jordan's hustle

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Solemn Sloth posted:

Umpire refuses to tell the Carlton player to gently caress off out of the protected area and instead penalises his opponent. Get hosed you useless prick

Let's hope it doesn't cost them the game

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

So I went to the game yesterday, it might have been my first game since the 2018 semi final? Can’t remember if I went to any in 2019 or not.

Man, it was so nice to have a whole game without dickhead commentators or being spammed by gambling advertising every 30 seconds.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...520-p57tgf.html

Former Collingwood cheer squad figurehead Jeffrey “Joffa” Corfe has been charged with two counts of historical sexual offending against a Melbourne teenager more than a decade ago.

Detectives allege the 60-year-old sexually penetrated a child under the age of 16 twice during a 2005 incident in Coburg, in Melbourne’s north.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Beginning to think this whole Collingwood thing might have been a mistake

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Beginning to think this whole Collingwood thing might have been a mistake

:hmmyes:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
The Herald Scum demonstrating they're experts at reading the room once again:

https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/1395122095147798529?s=20

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 20, 2021

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Port Adelaide investigating plagiarism claims over Indigenous guernsey

"Port Adelaide is investigating accusations the design of it guernsey for this year’s Sir Doug Nicholls Round was plagiarised.

This week, the club unveiled its jumper, which it said was created by a student from the club’s Aboriginal Power Cup - a program centred around the engagement of young people in Aboriginal culture.

On Thursday night, however, Indigenous artist Elle Campbell took to social media, writing that the Power’s guernsey was based off “my exact painting”, accusing the student’s submission of being a blatant copy of her artwork."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...0e3a172ee82b611

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Port stealing another jumper? Oh my. Didn’t they plagiarise a logo a year or two ago as well?

They’ve wisely deleted it now to protect her but they posted a video of the girl who plagiarised that painting explaining her inspiration for the piece full of confidence lol. Awkward.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Port really should have done a bit more checking on this before letting a teenager expose herself so badly with a very bad decision

Edit: actually I don’t know how they could have. It would be pretty hard to check everything and she would have declared the art was hers 🤷‍♂️

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

monolithburger posted:

The Herald Scum demonstrating they're experts at reading the room once again:

https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/1395122095147798529?s=20
What?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Port really should have done a bit more checking on this before letting a teenager expose herself so badly with a very bad decision

Edit: actually I don’t know how they could have. It would be pretty hard to check everything and she would have declared the art was hers 🤷‍♂️

They could have paid a professional indigenous artist to design a jumper for them?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

realbez posted:

Appropriation is a big aspect of the art world and I can very well see this girl seeing nothing wrong with what she did, particularly if it has aspects of her own culture in it. Problem is as soon as you go commercial with artworks it becomes a clusterfuck.

Solemn Sloth posted:

They could have paid a professional indigenous artist to design a jumper for them?

This is what they actually should have done. gently caress this unpaid work garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Well they’ll be doing that now! But I don’t see anything wrong with having competitions for young people to enter and get their artwork seen like this.