Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is sleeping the best thing ever?
Yes
No
View Results

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I loving love sleeping, I'd sleep all day if I could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's fricking rad op

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Yes, because the more time I spend unconscious, the better.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

sorry for your diabetes op

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
It's basically time travel, and it's free. Sometimes it's hard to do though. I give it 4.5/5.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Yup and in dreaming I live my best life

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Lol for those not at an age where you want to sleep more often than you want to gently caress.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sleeping sucks. I have vivid dreams or nightmares ALL night and wake up literally about 20 times. I wake up, flail around, and fall back asleep for a bit. Sleeping feels like it takes hours due to how much work is involved and not just a few seconds or minutes like some people who just plop down and wake up.

I got a sleep study and they told me I "sleep violently."

I have a number of sleep disorders. According to my "VA Problems List,"
-Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome
-Sleep-wake schedule disorder
-Obstructive sleep apnea
-Insomnia
-Hypersomnia

Thanks for making me feel sad OP!!!!! :smith:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you can catch that dream dragon you may end up in a nirvana. The board tilts and you start to fall deeper and deeper. Then, you cannot wake up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I actually got a dream catcher that I made blessed by Buddhist monks and it still doesn't work. hmmppff

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nah

Waking up at night and feeling tired all day
Nightmares
Sleep apnea
Waking nightmares
Panic dreams where you’re back at school or old job and loving everything up
Can’t sleep on a work night

Pepperoni pizza is probably the best thing ever

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AHH F/UGH posted:

Nah

Waking up at night and feeling tired all day
Nightmares
Sleep apnea
Waking nightmares
Panic dreams where you’re back at school or old job and loving everything up
Can’t sleep on a work night

Pepperoni pizza is probably the best thing ever

:hfive: brother

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’d sleep forever if I didn’t have to pay my mortgage

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

sleeping loving sucks, eats up a third of your life and you cant even remember most of it. And what do you get for all this trouble, waking up groggy with an eyefull of crusties and vague dreamy memories of poo poo that never happened. If i could i would just stop sleeping altogether, but having experienced severe lack of sleep i know that path lies nothing but ruin.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
You can sleep when you're dead!!!

But seriously I invested in a good mattress so I guess I do a lot of sleeping. The depression probably also contributes but sometimes it's just like I'm soooo comfy... must sleep:tootzzz:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eatin then sleepin. A winning combination

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the drug I've been on for the last year and a half gives me extremely vivid dreams almost every single night. I have gotten to a point where I'm not lucid but I figure out I can fly in basically every dream. pretty cool

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Devils Affricate posted:

It's basically time travel, and it's free. Sometimes it's hard to do though. I give it 4.5/5.
Really weird time travel. Spending a lifetime in highschool or college again but then its suddenly over and I'm 30 something plus 8 hours into the future? Very disorienting.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sleep is a time machine to breakfast. Works every fuckin time. :munch:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Sleeping sucks. I have vivid dreams or nightmares ALL night and wake up literally about 20 times. I wake up, flail around, and fall back asleep for a bit. Sleeping feels like it takes hours due to how much work is involved and not just a few seconds or minutes like some people who just plop down and wake up.

-Obstructive sleep apnea
-Insomnia
-Hypersomnia

Dude having insomnia and hypersomnia at the same time must suck. I'm assuming that means you can't sleep and then you feel tired whenever you wake up. I feel for you man. I also got a sleep study like a month ago, haven't got the results back yet (I need to call again tomorrow) but people have literally told me I seemed to stop breathing in my sleep sooo

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sleep is great because you can usually drink more after you sleep.

GreatMrPopo
Apr 17, 2003
i love kami-sama
i always like getting barely just enough sleep. go to bed at 1-2 am and wake up around 630 am every day

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think my house is haunted. two nights ago I woke up and heard something that sounded like a bunch of rice was being poured into a bowl and then last night I was jolted awake by a noise like a cat being murdered (I don't have a cat). if you don't see me post again, please do a banme in my honor.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I went through about a three year period where I slept like poo poo, always, and could generally only get four or so hours at a time. I tried to shrug and tough it out and was miserable. I got a prescription for Trazadone and that poo poo changed my life.

I've always had very vivid dreams and really good dream recall and I can become lucid once in awhile. It's fun.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I don’t know OP, that first big morning poo poo is pretty high up on the list

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Pennywise the Frown posted:

-Obstructive sleep apnea
-Insomnia
-Hypersomnia

I used to get bad regular nightmares until I started smoking weed every day. It helped with falling asleep and basically cut out all dreams and nightmares. Maybe start smoking weed? Even if it doesn't work being high is pretty cool.

Good luck with your sleep!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
smoke weed, fall asleep, wake up, smoke weed

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dixville posted:

Dude having insomnia and hypersomnia at the same time must suck. I'm assuming that means you can't sleep and then you feel tired whenever you wake up. I feel for you man. I also got a sleep study like a month ago, haven't got the results back yet (I need to call again tomorrow) but people have literally told me I seemed to stop breathing in my sleep sooo

You probably have sleep apnea then. When I was younger and I'd pass out drunk there is that thing that your friends do, they hold your nose shut and then you open your mouth to breath. I never did that. They got scared when I just wouldn't breath and they stopped lol.

I don't really have insomnia nearly as bad anymore. I take melatonin at the same time every night and try to get in bed at the same time too. Even if it's just to read or watch youtube videos. Anything to get me in bed and relaxing. I still can sleep a good 11 hours and then have a 2-3 hour nap during the day. And still feel like poo poo, naturally. Having them at the same time did indeed suck. It'd take me forever to get to sleep, and then when I did I'd sleep a long rear end time and still be tired. Then even though I was tired I couldn't get to sleep.

I used to be on Ambien but that didn't work so well. I'm on Prazosin now for nightmares but that doesn't work as much. I'll take anything I can get though.

It's gotten much better. My whole problem now is getting to sleep and staying asleep. I literally wake up 20+ times a night. So my sleep pattern is just hosed. That's probably why I sleep so long. Because I don't get good deep sleep. I dream CONSTANTLY. I know I'm falling asleep when my thoughts start getting random. Then I recognize that and it wakes me up. Then I try to relax again, my mind wanders, and I fall asleep right into a dream. And that continues until I wake up at whatever hour.

I'm really trying to work at least on my sleep and wake times. That's all I have control over.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 16, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
One day you'll sleep and never wake up op.......

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’ve been working out my dreaming muscles and man that poo poo is proper lucid. Gonna hit the gym and pop out my nurturing muscles and dreaming muscles and get a perfect nights sleep in 6 hours. :hai:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

low key sex master posted:

One day you'll sleep and never wake up op.......

untrue. once i turn 90 im going to drive a convertible off a cliff at a million miles an hour

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
sleep is just dress rehearsal for death. the better you are at sleeping, the better you will be at being dead. i practice diligently.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

If you get lucid in your dream and make a copy of yourself and just scream SLEEP FASTER STUPID you can be fully rested in under four hours.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dee eight posted:

sleep is just dress rehearsal for death. the better you are at sleeping, the better you will be at being dead. i practice diligently.

Yeah it’s the only time when we know everything.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Nighty night!

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 16, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujgWyNXVoao

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
When your life blows yes it is the best thing ever. Even with Freddy - what is Freddy gonna do? Wake me up?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have Freddy nightmares sometimes. I saw part of a movie when I was 4 and freaked out and slept with my light on until I was 13. When I have a Freddy dream, now... in my 30s... I still wake up scared.

I had sleep paralysis once that I remember. I was in a mental hospital (for real) and I was laying in my bed and Freddy's hand came from under my bed and grabbed my neck. Just laying there pinned down. I just said "wh..who...who are you?" And then poof I was awake. But I felt awake the whole time. And everything in the room was the same. The door cracked, nurses walking around, everything. loving scared the absolute poo poo out of me.

I can lucid dream sometimes but it's rare. Maybe once every month or two. I love being spiderman swinging from suburban trees or being able to fly or at least leap 100 yards.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I was really good at lucid dreaming for a while but I never really reached a balance of doing cool things vs waking up immediately so I've stopped and just let my subconscious direct my dreams like God intended.