Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is sleeping the best thing ever?
Yes
No
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i have recurring nightmares that i have to hide a body. being able to fly hasn't been particularly useful in those ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I still have high school dreams. Just grades slipping and not turning stuff in on time. Normal poo poo.

Sleep is a huge part of my life since I'm awake or aware of it during a lot of my "sleep". :haw: I recognize that I'm sleeping all the time in my dreams. It sucks in a nightmare and I want to get out I can feel myself trying to pull my eyelids open but to no avail.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I still have high school dreams. Just grades slipping and not turning stuff in on time. Normal poo poo.

"I didn't go to class all semester and didn't read the book and now I have to take the final exam. Oh no."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sleeping used to be the best but getting old means now I'm both a habitual side-sleeper and I constantly sleep on my nerves causing numbness and pain, acting similarly to apnea so I rarely get deep sleep. I got one of those metal braces for my arms to keep it straight and woke up with it bent. Makes me wish for Zero-G sleep.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sleep is a huge part of my life since I'm awake or aware of it during a lot of my "sleep". :haw: I recognize that I'm sleeping all the time in my dreams. It sucks in a nightmare and I want to get out I can feel myself trying to pull my eyelids open but to no avail.
I still have oh my god I didn't do my big term paper dreams and I didn't even go to proper college lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mind the walrus posted:

Sleeping used to be the best but getting old means now I'm both a habitual side-sleeper and I constantly sleep on my nerves causing numbness and pain, acting similarly to apnea so I rarely get deep sleep. I got one of those metal braces for my arms to keep it straight and woke up with it bent. Makes me wish for Zero-G sleep.

Yep. I'm a side/stomach sleeper and my arms go numb a few times during the night.

I also have a dental mouthpiece to prevent me from biting my tongue and cheeks. I rarely use it but I bit my cheeks drawing blood a few days ago and now I have a sore on either side of my mouth so I'm wearing it now.

You guys should see how I look at night. A loving mouthpiece, CPAP mask, a skull cap hat to prevent the tight straps of my mask loving up my hair for the rest of the day, and I just got one of those sleep mask things since I'm tired of the sun shining through my East facing window at 6am preventing me from getting back to sleep. I probably look like a film student's movie cyborg.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Started getting anxiety dreams about being in public without a mask, nice change of pace from dreaming of being in public in my underwear. As a bonus my dreams of being out in public in my underwear are also maskless dreams now.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I don't know why they call what me and the OP's mom do together "sleeping" :grin:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Nooner posted:

I don't know why they call what me and the OP's mom do together "sleeping" :grin:

Yeah I hear she calls it "boredom"

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
You ideally spend a third of your life (or more!) in bed, so you should absolutely spend the time and money to make it one of the most pleasurable experiences in your day.

Post your sleep specs like you’re e-peen posting about your RGB computer rig; I’ll start:

- Purple 3 queen mattress
- Nest easy breather pillow
- Queen down alternative comforter
- Purple bamboo sheets
- Purple sleep mask
- Muji diffuser
- Melatonin 10mgx2, or hydroxyzine 10mg.

I really do encourage people to buy a purple if you can swing it; it elevates your sleep experience in ways you can’t appreciate until you try one. They’re very pricy but sometimes authorized resellers like Mattress Firm will do a 5-6 year same as cash payment plan with you. Granted this was before the pandemic, so I’m not sure if they’d still do it.

Sleep loving rules. I’ve heard it said that food is like sex for the old, and I’d counter with sleep is like sex for the chronically depressed.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
sleeping owns but ESPECIALLY if you're depressed

edit: oh dang, yeah, the last line of the above is true completely

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

low key sex master posted:

:boom:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bloodysabbath posted:

- Melatonin 10mgx2, or hydroxyzine 10mg.

:stare: That's a shitload of melatonin. I take 5mg with my hosed up brain and that's after I moved up from 1mg and then 3mgs. After like, 10mgs it doesn't really do anything but make you tired the next day. And 10 is a whole lot.

I've taken hydroxyzine and trazadone in the past. I don't take hydroxyzine anymore since it didn't do anything. Trazadone gave me a super bad sleep hangover the next day that took hours to get over and finally wake up. Also I tried to OD on it so they won't prescribe it anymore. Now I take either benadryl or doxylamine. Both OTC. Neither does a whole lot but sometimes they magically get me a bit drowsy so sometimes I still take them early if I'm feeling a bit wired before bed.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 16, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

wow a rare L for the ol Noonerino

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just one fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBBNBmxkpf4

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
a few months back I dreamt a whole movie plot and am now trying to write it, sleep brought this to me

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I keep having nightmares lately where a bunch of people i don't know die in front of me. Like a plane crashes or a tornado hits a football stadium or something. I don't wake up when it happens either like the dream just keeps going. I wonder if it ~means something~

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Dixville posted:

I keep having nightmares lately where a bunch of people i don't know die in front of me. Like a plane crashes or a tornado hits a football stadium or something. I don't wake up when it happens either like the dream just keeps going. I wonder if it ~means something~

I now know: it means write it as fiction

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Best time to fall asleep is mid afternoon on a warm sunny day with a bit of a breeze. If I didn't have to work regular daytime hours I'd sleep during the day and stay up at night

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Sleep is one of those things I wish I didn’t need to do, or could do forever.

It’s the switching back and forth that pisses me off

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Sleep is one of those things I wish I didn’t need to do, or could do forever.

It’s the switching back and forth that pisses me off

Absolutely.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
it is in my top five favorite activities certainly

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijk4j-r7qPA

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I had a panic dream last night where I was working at my old PF Chang's job and I was just being seated over and over with more and more tables and I couldn't get to them all and I never had enough time to put in the order before another table has been sat in my section and I wasn't freaking out but I was just extremely annoyed and frustrated that they would seat me so drat much when I was obviously struggling to catch up

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

My sleep number is 42069666

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

mind the walrus posted:

I have to wear a wrist brace as well when I sleep or else I curl it like i'm a cat and wake up in excruciating pain. I only do this with my dominant hand for some reason. In any case, you certainly don't need a metal one!

Gotta wear a mouth piece at night as well since my bite is hosed and bruxism kicks in if I've had even a bit of caffeine or alcohol. Which is to say, always.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hmmm. Never thought about using wrist braces. I also curl my wrists at a crazy angle. I just picked up some rollerblading pads. Maybe I could try out the wrist pads lol.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

There was a Steve Brule joke where one of this solutions to living alone was to just sleep a lot. "When you're sleeping there's no lonely times. just dreams"
The fact that I remember that line and think about it regularly in relation to my own life is, unfortunate

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

well, as a gay boat owner, i

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I am a side and belly sleeper but the part of myself responsible for managing my body in between sleep and sort-of-awakening rotates me like a rotisserie chicken so nothing gets overly smashed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I get my CPAP tube wrapped around my neck numerous times nightly.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Sleeping sucks. I have vivid dreams or nightmares ALL night and wake up literally about 20 times. I wake up, flail around, and fall back asleep for a bit. Sleeping feels like it takes hours due to how much work is involved and not just a few seconds or minutes like some people who just plop down and wake up.

I got a sleep study and they told me I "sleep violently."

I have a number of sleep disorders. According to my "VA Problems List,"
-Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome
-Sleep-wake schedule disorder
-Obstructive sleep apnea
-Insomnia
-Hypersomnia

Thanks for making me feel sad OP!!!!! :smith:

Have you tried accepting Jesus into your life? Or Satan if that doesn't work.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
any time i have The School Dream, at some point I realize I'm dreaming, get up, walk the gently caress out of that bitch, and the dream turns into something else.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Schweinhund posted:

Have you tried accepting Jesus into your life? Or Satan if that doesn't work.

poo poo. I should get on that. I'll start with the red guy first.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
never skimp on good sheets

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ever since I got my CPAP and my new bed I've been actually sleeping well physically but I've been having the most batshit and realistic dreams where it feels like I haven't slept at all when I wake up

I honest don't know which is worse tbh: not sleeping well or sleeping ok but waking up really tired

vvv I've done this before and lemme tell you it is some freaky rear end inception-level poo poo to wake up and then only realize later that you're still asleep

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 17, 2021

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

If you can learn to control your lucid dreaming well enough you can go to sleep in your own dream and enter ultra sleep

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Even hydras agree that sleep is great: https://www.quantamagazine.org/sleep-evolved-before-brains-hydras-are-living-proof-20210518/

quote:

Studies of sleep are usually neurological. But some of nature’s simplest animals suggest that sleep evolved for metabolic reasons, long before brains even existed

Hydras: :haibrower:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I have a hard time sleeping because like a dumbass I let my three year old sleep in the bed with my wife and me. Random arm and leg attacks to the face during the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

:gibs: