Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1392194222590136324

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm listening and enjoying the episode so far, it has a chiller vibe than usual (although not on the level of Angelica and the Species episodes).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I didn't find the episode nearly as bad as you all did apparently but I like the Simpsons and used to listen to Talking Simpsons so I guess that has something to do with it? The guys did appear to enjoy the movie and some of the jokes more than I expected, especially after starting out the episode when they all seemed to sorta trash it. I do wonder if Bob & Henry had to match the guys' enthusiasm about it because I kinda figured they would all trash the movie.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cabin is pissing Eric off so much during this new gleep glossary lmao

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1393371676742725633

Hope side order of sleeze makes a return

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's weird living the kind of life where I can recognize those movies

Antfarm Dickhole isn't even Barely A Movie, like you gotta call collect from Antfarm Dickhole to reach Barely A Movie

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1393238396840067078?s=21

gently caress.ING.CLAS.SICK

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I really loved that last episode, so much so that I listened to it again the next day while cleaning the house.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Does anyone rememebr which episode it was where they guys were joking about cumming blood, and one of them said "well some people like a little strawberry with their vanilla"?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Does anyone rememebr which episode it was where they guys were joking about cumming blood, and one of them said "well some people like a little strawberry with their vanilla"?
I don't remember the episode, but I like how you're saying one of them as if it wasn't definitely Eric.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Timeless Appeal posted:

I don't remember the episode, but I like how you're saying one of them as if it wasn't definitely Eric.

See its def a joke Eric would make, but for some reason I hear it in Cabin's voice, so I wasn't quite sure

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

See its def a joke Eric would make, but for some reason I hear it in Cabin's voice, so I wasn't quite sure

I remember it as being a Cabin joke.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Did they do an episode on Antichrist?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I dont recall which Mail Bag episode it was, but I was inspired to watch the 1993 Danny Devito vehicle, Jack the Bear, this evening. What a loving crazy rear end goddamn movie and totally deserving of an episode. Danny Devito playing a late night horror host, Gary Sinise as the nazi living across the street who is not molesting children but kidnapping and making them wear SS uniforms. Random appearances of Juliet Louis Dreyfuss and Reese Witherspoon all round it out. A weird fuckin movie that is like 3 different movies being smashed together.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Speaking of Mailbags, we’ve got a live one tonight at 6 EST!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
E: so now awful has decided to obliterate youtube embeds so so google “jeffpardy”

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

teen witch posted:

E: so now awful has decided to obliterate youtube embeds so so google “jeffpardy”

Okay. Can you now tell me why I had to do that? Because that was...nothing.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 20, 2021

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1396093626510413824?s=21

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Cracking up at the Vertical Limit episode where they talk about NCIS or whatever:

"great show to warm your soup up to"
"great show to watch while building a model ship"
"great show to watch when you're sitting there stewing angry that your kids don't call you anymore"

also glad they did The Simpsons Movie. its reception was pretty good back in '07 but I was baffled by that, I thought it fell flat and was never talked about much. definitely needed an autopsy

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

also glad they did The Simpsons Movie. its reception was pretty good back in '07 but I was baffled by that, I thought it fell flat and was never talked about much. definitely needed an autopsy

A movie many people left the theaters thinking "they this was better than I expected" and that gave it a positive feeling, but if you go and watch it again later you'll realize how bad it was.

I had the exact same feeling leaving Revenge of the Sith that I had for the Simpsons Movie.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I feel we need to discuss Erik not realizing ducks can actually fly...

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I really enjoy Erik being hostile to Chris on each gleep glossary.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

B-Rock452 posted:

I feel we need to discuss Erik not realizing ducks can actually fly...

tbf this is still better than them not understanding the distinction between squids and octopi on the PotC episodes

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1398132283568177155?s=21

The ultimate tough choice

I would probably only watch it once with commentary…

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

so there is a movie where Paul Giamatti plays Zapruder and Eric somehow hasn't seen it

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1398132283568177155?s=21

The ultimate tough choice

I would probably only watch it once with commentary…

Ha, that's my brother who made the OP. Weird to open up SA this morning and see my last name.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Scanner Cop 1 and 2 own, as do Scanners 2 and 3. They're all just the kind of dumb poo poo you're hoping they are. And Scanners 3 gave us the most important minute ever committed to film,

https://i.imgur.com/2MkDIL2.mp4

Highly recommended franchise binge - extremely strong opening act, then four films of entertaining nonsense

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Dang but today is a veritable bounty of movie content. :woop:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
As a behind the bastards, you must remember this and WHM mega fan yeah, Tuesdays loving OWN

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

jojoinnit posted:

Dang but today is a veritable bounty of movie content. :woop:

oh I need to get on that blank check patreon

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I know I saw 101 Dalmatians in theaters when it came out, but I have no memory of it at all.

I also saw the original 101 Dalmatians in the theaters, and I have no memory of that, because I was a baby.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

teen witch posted:

As a behind the bastards, you must remember this and WHM mega fan yeah, Tuesdays loving OWN

Yeah but unless its an episode of "let's read Ben Shapiro's lovely book!" I need to be in the right headspace first. Mine just downloaded a few mins ago and I know I will learn a lot and also leave feeling like the :sigh: emoji so it's not easy listening for work.

If BtB were a radio station it would be legally mandated to be on the opposite side of the deal from "easy listening" ones.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

They really weren't kidding about the level of filth in this episode were they

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

fatherboxx posted:

oh I need to get on that blank check patreon

It’s a fun time would recommend

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Well that was a good episode.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

This episode is gold for all their bad British accents. I don’t know if English fans actually find it tiresome but it kills me every time I hear one of them go into the Monty Python woman voice.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Ror posted:

This episode is gold for all their bad British accents. I don’t know if English fans actually find it tiresome but it kills me every time I hear one of them go into the Monty Python woman voice.

For some reason, Andrew’s voice is grating on me when he does British. The other ones are fine tho.

I wonder how many Kimba the White Lion experts will swarm Chris Cabin after this one.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I love the Monty python woman voice, I just listened to the Sherlock Holmes episode and didn't think they would top the poo poo wife bit but good lord this episode goes places

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Im british and i love the accents. I actually go back and listen to the hamsterman mailbag whenever i need cheering up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I didn't expect to hear the phrase "dog dicks" so much today.