Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Initially you were like, "I'm going to say this thing ironically, as a joke," but now it's been years and you're still saying it and irony is dead, this is just a thing you say now, you sound like an rear end in a top hat and yet you cannot stop. I want to know all about the weird personal vernacular that you never meant to develop.
  • The first time I heard 'chicky nugs' I was horrified and yet here we are, with me consistently referring to them as chicky nugs
  • When my sister was a toddler she called it 'eye beam' instead of 'ice cream' and now twenty years later I have to stop myself from referring to ice cream as eye beam
  • One time to be obnoxious I asked my partner if they could get me a 'fresh pep' because my 'd pep' was out and, listen, we all know where this is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

a significant number of trump phrases

Michaeldim
Jan 29, 2011

:byodood:

Stexils posted:

"WHY NOT DONE?" and "bigly" have crept into my lexicon, for better or worse.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Does specific capitalisation of a word count?

SAD!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
rad
whatevs
[noun]-tastic
totes magotes

Thanks thread for helping me realise I am insufferable IRL.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Pretty much everything Senor Cardgage ever said. I'm sure my coworkers think I have intermittent aphasia

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stexils posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okMuqkPuoZI

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I definitely had to make a conscious effort to stop saying "turlet" at one point.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

"doggo", "fleek", and "clutch".

on almost the opposite tack i had a perfect opportunity to use the word 'syzygy' in kind of an important email a few weeks back and i ended up deleting it and reworking the whole phrase so i wasn't the guy using the word 'syzygy' in an email. :(

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Does pronouncing jalapeno like "ja lap en oh" count? Because i have to check myself basically every time

Also: cool beans

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
Groovy

Cromulent

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

One of these days I am going to say "hewwo" to a coworker :negative:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I'll say it, he's right

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeet.

It sees especially much use when I play Smash Bros.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My ex and I were together when "bae" began its ascendancy and it went from ironic usage to unironic usage in alarmingly short order

flavor.flv posted:

Pretty much everything Senor Cardgage ever said. I'm sure my coworkers think I have intermittent aphasia

I said "no probalo" to someone who I wasn't 100% sure was in on the joke and I still cringe about it at red lights

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
oida

a kitten posted:

Does pronouncing jalapeno like "ja lap en oh" count? Because i have to check myself basically every time

Also: cool beans

I always call them jolly peeners lol I can't stop myself

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
For me, it's definitely "literally" in the sense of "figuratively".

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

For me, it's definitely "literally" in the sense of "figuratively".

"Literally" doesn't mean "figuratively", it's an intensifier. "My head figuratively exploded" and "my head literally exploded" aren't interchangeable, because "figuratively" is not an intensifier; a person hearing you say that would wonder why you felt the need to clarify that an impossible thing didn't actually happen. On the other hand, "my head exploded" and "my head literally exploded" are interchangeable; you could also use some other intensifier (eg. "loving") in place of "literally" and it still means the same thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tiggum posted:

"Literally" doesn't mean "figuratively", it's an intensifier. "My head figuratively exploded" and "my head literally exploded" aren't interchangeable, because "figuratively" is not an intensifier; a person hearing you say that would wonder why you felt the need to clarify that an impossible thing didn't actually happen. On the other hand, "my head exploded" and "my head literally exploded" are interchangeable; you could also use some other intensifier (eg. "loving") in place of "literally" and it still means the same thing.

You literally, and I do mean literally, knew what I meant, yet you wrote all this anyway.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You literally, and I do mean literally, knew what I meant, yet you wrote all this anyway.

"Literally means figuratively now" is a peeve of mine. It doesn't. :shrug:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Tendies

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
"My favorite atrocity" is one I still haven't used unironically.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Yeet and vibin'. I also encourage my cat when she does something awesome by going "yaaas slay queen".

normal-ass vampire
Feb 14, 2011
Slaps
Nuggies/tendies
Bad food restaurant

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I was extremely judgmental in high school about people who used "super" as an adjective in place of "very," and then it happened to me. I'm super ashamed.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

I say rad all the time at work and I realize its weird to people but will never stop.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Shiroc posted:

I say rad all the time at work and I realize its weird to people but will never stop.

Same except I had no idea it was weird :(

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I accidentally asked for tendies at a BK, and immediately told my friends about it in shame. They said "jesus christ Anti...that's the adult form of calling your teacher mum"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

if it makes you feel better that fast food worker has to deal with people who are way dumber and more embarrassing than you on a daily basis