Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New dead brother has a wife but now im her wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Skirt Sings At The Landing is finally getting TL'd again, remains very very good IMO. Hope its first volume sells well, I'd like for this to get whatever runtime the mangaka wants for it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

New oomer just dropped.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TFW there's finally more Seiyuu Radio to read

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That nerd is getting more and more concerning/stalkery each chapter.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Senerio posted:

That nerd is getting more and more concerning/stalkery each chapter.

yeah the writing around the main duo's been good enough that I'm not *too* worried but I am starting to get curious about exactly what the story's playing at with him

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Dumb Prefect has had two updates since MD went down. Most recent chapter was a super bulky one, a whopping 40 pages!

I sure hope this dis from a suspiciously familiar serious looking man doesn't lead to a 20 page epic rap battle.
Kudos to the translators for killing it with this one

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

About that day off from work is about taking the day off from work, and is :nws:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Her Tale of Shim Chong

It used to be on tappytoons but I guess the license expired or something? Anyway, it's a story of two gals becoming pal, one's the daughter of a blind commoner the other recently arrived in town to marry a top official. Can love blossom in this anachronistic ancient Korean town?

It's already been fully translated and it can be a bit of a tough read because of, well, violence against women. But their struggles are not without victories, and there is a happy ending.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
One of those little oneshots that's worth it just for the credits page

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Argas posted:

Her Tale of Shim Chong

It used to be on tappytoons but I guess the license expired or something? Anyway, it's a story of two gals becoming pal, one's the daughter of a blind commoner the other recently arrived in town to marry a top official. Can love blossom in this anachronistic ancient Korean town?

It's already been fully translated and it can be a bit of a tough read because of, well, violence against women. But their struggles are not without victories, and there is a happy ending.

I read that a few months ago and enjoyed it. I would put it up there with Moonlight Garden in manhwa stuff I read
So yeah, I would second that

Between Sora & Haena, Relationship Guidelines, and Kill Switch it feels like there has been an influx of manhwa stuff getting translated lately I enjoy.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jun 9, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ikoku nikki presents: dad investigations

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:hmmyes:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Three new chapters of The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses, which I have been desperately waiting to read for months. I love this goddamn series.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Have you found yourself thinking lately, "boy, I really wish there was a Takemiya Jin omegaverse book where she spent an entire page explaining its mechanics"?

Me neither, but it exists and here it is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
surpised it took her so long

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loving Omegaverse poo poo. Why’s everything gotta be about babies?

Edit: oh my god, I loving hate this.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 17, 2021

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Not sure if its just confirmation bias but I swear I've been seeing more of it pop up in manga form too. I don't think its new to japan but it feels like its trending

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's been a thing over there for a good while at this point. I'm not a fan but imo it's innocuous since it's either a literal take on the sort of thing people were writing already or a theme they pick up and play with for a doujin or two.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just don’t like Omegaverse.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ABO is just modern Gor

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I know little about omegaverse beyond the basic premise, but it seems like the character relationship dynamics are so built into the premise that there's little room to take them anywhere.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean, its literally just doms and subs so that seems like an incredibly silly thing to say
its the stuff around it that can get weird

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Snooze Cruise posted:

i mean, its literally just doms and subs so that seems like an incredibly silly thing to say
its the stuff around it that can get weird

It's highly regimented doms and subs, with everything on the table from the word go, without any potential for subversion, and that's what makes it boring and bad.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ah yes, bdsm is only interesting because it has the potential for switches (???)

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Give me some manga set in the Kenny Omegaverse.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i do want it on the record i am omegaverse agonstic if my recent posts make it sound like i am a fan

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mostly just annoyingly :biotruths: about poo poo using that dumb fake wolf pack stuff.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

ah yes, bdsm is only interesting because it has the potential for switches (???)

I'm only passingly familiar because it's not really my thing, but isn't the whole thing like biological determinism about who can get with who and stuff?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
omegaverse is not a problem for me as i do not dedicate my brain to thinking about how i feel about it or reading it

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There's one part in particular, about the omegaverse, that I really don't like - it's how almost all stories seem to involve some kind of coercion or forcing upon someone else despite their express wishes, only for the victim to suddenly start liking it for reasons that are never adequately explained.
It's loving creepy, and it's everywhere in the omegaverse.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive decided i like omegaverse now

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a supernatural thread now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Acerbatus posted:

I'm only passingly familiar because it's not really my thing, but isn't the whole thing like biological determinism about who can get with who and stuff?

i compared it to gor because yeah its pretty much that, power roles as social classes, except it has weird fake biology stuff tied to it too

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 17, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am (surprisingly? :shrug:) not sure what Gor is; Like, this?

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
e: wrong thread

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 17, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

I am (surprisingly? :shrug:) not sure what Gor is; Like, this?

Gor /ˈɡɔːr/ is the fictional setting for a series of sword and planet novels written by philosophy professor John Lange, writing as John Norman. The setting was first described in the 1966 novel Tarnsman of Gor. The series is inspired by science fantasy pulp fiction works by Edgar Rice Burroughs (such as the Barsoom series). It also includes erotica and philosophy content. The Gor series repeatedly depicts men abducting and physically and sexually brutalizing women, who grow to enjoy their submissive state. According to The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction, Norman's "sexual philosophy" is "widely detested",[1] but the books have inspired a Gorean subculture.[2]

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really don't think those two things are very similar at all.

Omegaverse gets a lot of flak but it's also a setting that people use to explore stuff like gender roles and various kinks, and it's also pretty crappy to equate something that women created and enjoy writing and reading to something as misogynistic as Gor.

It's kind of a framework to hang real-world problems on and a way to explore real-world issues or personal traumas (or just...things people are horny for) in a fantasy setting that's removed enough from the actual real world that they can enjoy it and have fun.

Personally, I don't like it so I avoid reading it, and imo it would be better for people to just...do that, if they also dislike it.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i was saying something humorously and it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 17, 2021