Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
e: sorry, thought this was the main fantasy thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
In light of Eloy's injury, I'd like to trade Alonso or Abreu for an OF. If you are weak at 1B and have spare OF, let's make a deal!

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

What's going on with the standings, how did I retroactively lose (tie) a matchup? I was 2-1-0 on saturday and now I'm 1-2-1? What the gently caress?

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 3, 2021

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Was there a stat correction somewhere? The MLB apparently can overrule a scorer and retroactively that.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

No, I checked https://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/statcorrections and the only changes that week are categories we don't use like Game Winning RBI.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Wow, I think I may be contractually obligated to change my team name to something about kissing my sister. This is getting weird.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Wow, I think I may be contractually obligated to change my team name to something about kissing my sister. This is getting weird.

Definitely need a Lannister reference.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

cebrail posted:

No, I checked https://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/statcorrections and the only changes that week are categories we don't use like Game Winning RBI.

Now my 5-5-2 tie last week was changed to a 6-5-1 win. AVG, ERA, and WHIP weren't close at all....I think it gave me an extra SB? Why would it give an extra SB 2 days after the week has ended?

Weird stuff with the scoring this year.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

It has to be something with ESPN, I'm in another league where people are mad about the phone app not showing stuff accurately.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Goldie hit a double and scored late in the sunday night game, and I'm legit sad that play turned my matchup into a loss from yet another tie.

(If I had started Flaherty two days ago when I had moved him to starting but neglected to hit SAVE on the mobile app because ESPN's mobile app is a piece of poo poo, then we still would have tied. Ah well.)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The app seems terribly slow and unresponsive the past 2 days. Loading blank pages and poo poo.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The app sucks. I was trying to change my roster and it wouldn't save. And then it was giving me scores that were like 8 hours old. Like it told me at 3am that games were in the 2nd inning.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Yo wtf, I moved all my starting pitchers to starting today and tonight Stroman is magically on my bench. This wasn't even the app, this was from a computer. And the app is doing that 0/0 hitters lineup again.

I'm getting tired of ESPN's bullshit. Stro's start better not matter.

e: Ha! Turns out it did accept everything, it *is* just the app being bad again and showing the wrong info.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 22, 2021

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The app showed me that Shohei Ohtani was out of the lineup even though the computer said he was starting. The app is just flat out wrong. It's not even showing the correct numbers on scores.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
to the manager who sent me a trade offer for Soto that I rejected this weekend: I didn't see a way to leave a comment on the app for rejected offers. I always feel bad just saying "no" outright without leaving a reason. I'm always open to offers even if I turn down most of them or don't present a counter right away

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That was me, just throwing a flyer out there. Feel free to counter with anything. I have a ton of pitching and no real holes, was just looking to get that real top quality OF.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Has there been any thought to increasing the IL limit? Having only 3 slots is rough, especially with Covid.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Is it possible to add IL slots mid-season?

EDIT: Okay yeah it's possible. If it's wanted let me know, we can put it up for a vote.

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 23, 2021

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I didn't put in a bid for Franco because I thought everyone would bid. :lol:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

I didn't put in a bid for Franco because I thought everyone would bid. :lol:

I just assumed he was already owned. Oops!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

I just assumed he was already owned. Oops!

He was and then got dropped during the IL roster bloodbath that has been this season.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I can't believe I wsa the only bidder. lol @ me

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I can't believe I wsa the only bidder. lol @ me

Me either. I went to put in a bid for 15 and was like 'oh man this is nowhere close to what is needed' and then cancelled because I didn't think I needed an SS that bad.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Whomever is running the Balrogs overhauled their roster and I'm a fan of all their changes.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
The trade was an offer I had out to a bunch of teams. Freeman was superfluous and despite drafting a poo poo-ton of SP, injuries are ravaging me and (s)he was the first to accept.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Yeah I am looking at SPs and it's going to be a bloodbath soon. There is no way a lot of the guys I have starting are going to keep pitching much longer without getting hurt or being shut down.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

ESPN scoring is seriously hosed up. I had won matchup 14 as of yesterday, now it's a loss (and a pretty decisive one, not just one category by one score or something). The ESPN stat correction page shows no change in a category we use for any day between July 5 and 18.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

The trade was an offer I had out to a bunch of teams. Freeman was superfluous and despite drafting a poo poo-ton of SP, injuries are ravaging me and (s)he was the first to accept.

So as it turns out, I didn't realize Peralta was on an innings limit this year and I got fleeced lmbo.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Welp, final week of the regular season and things are super tight. If I understand correctly, the first tiebreak is head-to-head record? If so, it could come down to secondary tiebreaks (w/e those are) for the last playoff spot, I think? Good luck, everyone!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If we only had a few more weeks this team may have found a way... to finish last.

What a loving crater. First by a couple games halfway through, chooooooooooooke city.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Welp, final week of the regular season and things are super tight. If I understand correctly, the first tiebreak is head-to-head record? If so, it could come down to secondary tiebreaks (w/e those are) for the last playoff spot, I think? Good luck, everyone!

Yeah I think it's head-to-head. I can't remember the second tiebreak.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

General Bullshit posted:

Yeah I think it's head-to-head. I can't remember the second tiebreak.

I'm a little late with this, but good luck in the finals, my man :respek:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm a little late with this, but good luck in the finals, my man :respek:

Same to you!!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Congrats, Pussy Boss. I will send out the money once I get off work and can find my paypal password.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Cheers man. This is still my favorite fantasy league.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Congrats man. Still can't believe my team tanked this bad. I've never had a team freefall quite so hard before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

My team only did well because of one Joseph Daniel Votto :lol:

Already looking forward to next season and drafting a stupid team that I have to correct through the free agency wire.