Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

rotor posted:

100% do not want any of that conveyed into my mind but thanks.

i don't reckon the guy that wrote it did either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Stringent posted:

i don't reckon the guy that wrote it did either

100% agree and that's not an argument for putting it in mine too

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol my son has chained a new cold onto the ending of his strep throat. daycare rules.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
My son got sick a bunch but it never bothered him when he started child care

hosed us though. I was sick for like two months and did a couple of covid tests

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Love that poo poo, came out of avoiding ppl due to measles outbreak to covid lockdown to starting daycare having had 0 exposure to germs. Ended up spending almost half the time at home sick, thank goodness it's settled down a bit now touch wood

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

Love that poo poo, came out of avoiding ppl due to measles outbreak to covid lockdown to starting daycare having had 0 exposure to germs. Ended up spending almost half the time at home sick, thank goodness it's settled down a bit now touch wood
Hahaha that's such a fucker.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i have a toddler cold right now.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
:yossame:

we both just took turns having it over the weekend

love having a wet toddler hand transferred from her mouth directly into mine, as a funny joke

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my stepdads beer posted:

lol my son has chained a new cold onto the ending of his strep throat. daycare rules.

my doctor told me that while this is annoying its actually long-term good for their immune systems

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

shoeberto posted:

So uh.

We had an oops.

The oops had a heartbeat this morning.

I guess this is happening?

I don't really want to say anything to anyone irl because it's so early. But I also have a lot of emotions and poo poo flowing through me where I just want to word vomit in an appropriate thread on this dead gay comedy forum.

What the gently caress man. I did not see this coming. I know it's gonna be fine, we're ready(?) for this, but what the gently caress.

congrats! Parenting is a crazy ride. I've really enjoyed it so far. Babby changed my life in a very positive way, hopefully that'll be true for you too. I love that little shithead more than I ever thought I would.

out of curiosity, what does "oops" mean? broke a condom? Or just got into the moment and said "whatever happens, happens"?

my sister-in-law went camping with her boyfriend, split a bottle of tequila with him, and then it was "oops the birth control pills must not have worked" from her :rolleyes:

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 17, 2021

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Wife was pausing BC due to some obgyn stuff she had been dealing with, then a condom broke (literally this has never happened to me), and then the morning after pill apparently did not take.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

shoeberto posted:

Wife was pausing BC due to some obgyn stuff she had been dealing with, then a condom broke (literally this has never happened to me), and then the morning after pill apparently did not take.

That's all quite the coincidence, congrats on your incipient "father of the antichrist" title

congrats for real though

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

love having a wet toddler hand transferred from her mouth directly into mine, as a funny joke
the ol' classic.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

That's all quite the coincidence, congrats on your incipient "father of the antichrist" title

congrats for real though

We're trying not to personify too much due to the earliness of it all, but we have been joking that if this kid comes out alright, it's gonna be stubborn as gently caress.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1394987599689920519?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lmao

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Had our first ultrasound this morning. 9 weeks on the dot. Saw the baby, heard the heartbeat. This poo poo is wild.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s alive

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/zizifothsi/status/1395039903440900101?s=21

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ramosbugs/status/1395091585373667329

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

third trimester they can show with video ultrasound that if you play sounds against the abdomen you can scare a fetus and make them cry

but since they're immersed in fluid and all it's just silent screaming

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

third trimester they can show with video ultrasound that if you play sounds against the abdomen you can scare a fetus and make them cry

but since they're immersed in fluid and all it's just silent screaming

we went to the cinema to see tenet at maybe 5 months and like 1 min in when the explosions started the baby was like "woah what in the gently caress?" and started leaping around so yep, left that one.

actually I stayed because my wife said there was no point wasting two tickets but I got fined twice for driving through a low traffic zone that had been added since I last went that way so that probably averaged out karmicly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when people on the tv are kissing I ask the kids if those people are having sex

especially now that it’s a tired joke with them it’s even better. dad poo poo like this only gets better with age

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe it’s because of my job or maybe I’m good at my job because of this but I can talk very directly to people about “embarrassing” things and this is going to be very bad for my kids as they get older and awkward stuff comes up or on tv. lmao

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

loving MOOD

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i'm somewhat dreading the "why" phase

when my niece was deep in it recently, my mom was over there facetiming with us, and my niece asked what time it was

my mom turns away and says "11:15" or whatever. before she's even done speaking, i hear "WHY"

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The why phase is a little grating but I also think it's foundational in terms of norms and values.

Why are the cops being mean to that man? Because ACAB, my son.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm somewhat dreading the "why" phase

when my niece was deep in it recently, my mom was over there facetiming with us, and my niece asked what time it was

my mom turns away and says "11:15" or whatever. before she's even done speaking, i hear "WHY"

I've been prepping my wife for this by asking stupid "why questions" myself. like we'll be driving along and I'll go "why are some road signs blue and others green?"

she ignores me

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I spent 5 years teaching computer poo poo to barely literate 18 year old military idiots, I think I can handle a few simple why's.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the answer is almost always going to be "someone thought it would be cheaper to do it that way" hth

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I spent 5 years teaching computer poo poo to barely literate 18 year old military idiots, I think I can handle a few simple why's.

lol, you have no idea

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
when my kid asks "why" i DESTROY them with FACTs and LOGIC

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Fart Sandwiches posted:

"I find the premise of your question to be entirely ludicrous, frankly this is the problem with the entire liberal mindset."

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Fart Sandwiches posted:

see, this is the basis of your misunderstanding because it hinges on the assumption that your opponent might eventually give up

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

the answer is almost always going to be "someone thought it would be cheaper to do it that way" hth

this is a much appreciated parenting hack.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

I've been prepping my wife for this by asking stupid "why questions" myself. like we'll be driving along and I'll go "why are some road signs blue and others green?"

she ignores me

generally speaking women find it much easier to ignore their children than their husband, so you're probably in good shape on this

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
my kid is 4 years old and well into the why phase and i'm not tired of it yet, except for the fact that sometimes I anticipate the why and say why as I am saying the thing and then she asks why anyway and I have to repeat myself :eng99:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

she ignores me

green are directional guidance road signs like street names while blue are simple guide signs like "hospital ahead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my kids got out of the why phase pretty fast because i would pull the fuckin car over and say "ok it's a long story but here it goes. Red paint was first sythesized by German chemists in 1846. This is during the reign of Kaiser Wilhelm, a fact which will become relevant in a moment. OK so..."