Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

9 times out of ten, I would go for a soft serve ice cream over regular stuff. There is something about the texture that works for me, and I've never gotten that burnt crystal stuff out of the tub. You know what you're getting.

In Taiwan about 5-6 years ago, 7-11s started offering vanilla soft serve cones for 45 NT (about 1.50 USD.) It was a huge success, and there was then a soft serve competition between all of the convenience stores, offering their own and each place having their own different flavors and cone styles, or offering a dip. So you would get a caramel flavor, chocolate, coffee, banana, and honeydew.

In IKEA here, they have the usual vanilla cone for 10 NT, they offered Canteloupe flavors for more and the soft serve hot dog.

Even with all the flavor combinations, my favorite is still the plain vanilla cone. It is the opposite of what I would choose when getting regular ice cream. I tend to think the chocolate flavor soft serve has a much more artificial flavor.

So what is everyone's favorite way or flavor of soft serve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dole whip

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I don't know how regional this is, but a lot of soft serve places around here have (in addition to vanilla/chocolate) "black raspberry" soft serve. I'm also not a big fan of chocolate soft serve, but a vanilla/raspberry twist soft serve is divine.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
The best soft serve is any free soft serve where there is also a self service soda fountain so you can say you’re gonna have a soda while they’re none the wiser when your ultimate game plan to have a soft serve root beer float comes to fruition at last.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

always get chocolate/vanilla twist

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I once had some vanilla soft serve with sea salt flakes and good olive oil on top and I've been chasing that high ever since.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

soft serve hot dog.

wtf lol

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

man that makes it look so greasy

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

That looks pretty gross and the dog bun and soft serve just seem like flavors and textures that just wouldn't mix. I could picture it now though as something that if you had twice as much soft serve, drizzled on some chocolate or strawberry sauce, added some sprinkles and probably something else, that would be one of those $10-12 novelty ballpark items that I would never get.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If a hot dog is a sandwich, this is an ice cream sandwich.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

GoutPatrol posted:

man that makes it look so greasy

i think it's some kind of light glaze

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Egg wash

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I love them.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Cook Out shakes are basically just thick soft serve in a cup lol

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm necroing my own thread because IKEA had apple cinnamon soft serve for the holiday season and it hit the spot

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

GoutPatrol posted:

Even with all the flavor combinations, my favorite is still the plain vanilla cone.

big same, OP. it's a classic for a reason. always been a big fan of the soft serve

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

thats whats up

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I think it's cheating to say Dairy Queen is great at soft serve, but shout/out to the places that do chocolate and, as a bonus "swirl" for giving me the best/easiest example of bisexuality so I don't have to answer to anybody anymore

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Much respect to Jason’s Deli for the free soft serve machine by the salad bar. Charge for healthy salad and give away the good poo poo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I think it's cheating to say Dairy Queen is great at soft serve, but shout/out to the places that do chocolate and, as a bonus "swirl" for giving me the best/easiest example of bisexuality so I don't have to answer to anybody anymore

sorry but the swirl is a racial thing not sexual

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

bless the chinese buffet restaurants for they are guaranteed to always have a soft serve ice cream machine

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Szyznyk posted:

Much respect to Jason’s Deli for the free soft serve machine by the salad bar. Charge for healthy salad and give away the good poo poo.

more importantly it's right next to the soda fountain too

aint nothin gonna stop me from making a float every goddamn time

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

I'm necroing my own thread because IKEA had apple cinnamon soft serve for the holiday season and it hit the spot

I'd go for that or nog flavored soft serve right about now

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I love soft serve!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
big Mac and then right back in the drive thru for a vanilla cone ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Over last summer we would take our toddler to the free splash pool in the park by the river every Sunday. when she was done we would all change into dry clothes then hit up the ice cream truck that would inevitably show up. sometimes the ice cream truck would offer soft serve and both me and my kid would enjoy some.

what a great summer