Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Detective No. 27 posted:

We still doing PS5 setups?

hell yes, get that cross examination going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

veeg i think we need a stay physical folks gangtag atp

:hmmyes:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i forgot about Herman. the mad man :eyepop:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I already got flamed on this thread for my PS5 setup but I guess I can post it again to get flamed more.

Yes, it's black, the middle is still glossy and I stuck a hand drawn classic PlayStation sticker on it to ruin it more.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really like the leaves around the shelving.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Leaves are good. Plants that have leaves are also good

Not pictured - every other square inch of our fuckin house drowning in plants.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The bold upside down PS5 orientation.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Luceo posted:

The PS5 looks like the future. :awesomelon:

Unfortunately, like anything that aims to look like the future, it's just a bit too weird with extra "modern design" details that will look just as daft in twenty years time as they do now.

Admittedly now that my flatmate paid an extra £200 for his, I can vouch that the PS5 is in person not awful, just a bit weird, and certainly better than the featureless black box aesthetic some people crave.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yes, it's black, the middle is still glossy and I stuck a hand drawn classic PlayStation sticker on it to ruin it more.

This on the other hand is brilliant, literally art. Which probably actually makes it worth the extra £200.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I kinda wanna put more stickers on it tbh.

Maybe a drawing once my son is old enough to do so.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I bought a sticker from Etsy to add the classic colours to the PS button on the DS5 and they tossed in some extra thing that changes the logo on the console in the same way, but I've not got round to doing it because it seemed like something you have to take the plates off to do...

The sticker on the DS5 looks the business but quickly peeled and lost some colour. Would not recommend.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Nothing fits in my IKEA unit :negative:

a primate fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 19, 2021

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone has the Pulse 3D headset? Was wondering if it's any good, the price seems cheap for what they are advertising. I will probably just buy it since I had negative experience with third party stuff on consoles in the past but wanted to know if anyone had experience with it.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 18, 2021

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Ulio posted:

Anyone has the Pulse 3D headset? Was wondering if it's any good, the price seems cheap for what they are advertising.

I don't like headsets at all, but the Pulses are making me reconsider my stance. I've been using a pair on the five and my PC variously and after an initial minor adjustment period I don't even hesitate to use them anymore.

Sound quality? I dunno. Surround and pseudosurround are close enough as to be basically indistinguishable for me, and outside of some extra detail (like gooey splashes or the thunk of an item hitting the bottom of the box) as long as I can hear it I'm happy. Does the job, no complaints.

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021
moved in a little over a year ago. my main task was getting the den set up. the ps5 completed it. eventually I should start hanging some junk…

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love that scratching post on the left! Goodness!

Also for the 3D audio thing, does it happen only in headsets like the pulse and others that say they have it, or does it happen in all headsets? Does it make a huge difference too?

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021
not to derail the thread, but this is directly to the left of the scratching post

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ulio posted:

Anyone has the Pulse 3D headset? Was wondering if it's any good, the price seems cheap for what they are advertising. I will probably just buy it since I had negative experience with third party stuff on consoles in the past but wanted to know if anyone had experience with it.

VideoGames posted:

Also for the 3D audio thing, does it happen only in headsets like the pulse and others that say they have it, or does it happen in all headsets? Does it make a huge difference too?

To answer both of these: the 3D audio stuff is all done system-side, so any decent pair of headphones can do it. The Pulse headset is very good, probably worth it for the price, but definitely not the best quality headphones I’ve owned (but they cost way more). PS5’s Tempest 3D audio is definitely noticeable in games that use it - Returnal especially you hear the “direction” of sounds SO well. Orbs hitting the wall behind me made me jump more than a few times.

Basically I would say it’s worth it if you don’t already have a good pair of headphones (or headset if you plan on using the mic), or you want one that’s specifically for your PS5.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

bemusedchunk posted:

moved in a little over a year ago. my main task was getting the den set up. the ps5 completed it. eventually I should start hanging some junk…

Where did you get that scratching post :shittypop:

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021
The scratching post is literally a wirecutter recommendation. I like it because it looks like an actual piece of furniture.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-cat-scratchers/

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I already got flamed on this thread for my PS5 setup but I guess I can post it again to get flamed more.

Yes, it's black, the middle is still glossy and I stuck a hand drawn classic PlayStation sticker on it to ruin it

I sprayed mine black too. I mean, the TV is black, the soundbar is black, the Switch dock is black.

It's still huge but I didn't want it to be the center of attention.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
According to some goons the mic on the Pulse sucks? Or the way that it handles voice sucks? I don’t know I am not a twitch guy but no one could make out what I was saying when I have tried to stream and the Pulse is the only thing I use.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
If you wear the pulses backwards then the mic will suck, yes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

According to some goons the mic on the Pulse sucks? Or the way that it handles voice sucks? I don’t know I am not a twitch guy but no one could make out what I was saying when I have tried to stream and the Pulse is the only thing I use.

Yeah something was up with the mic on your stream for sure. But when I did a test stream using the Pulse my voice sounded fine.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Casnorf posted:

If you wear the pulses backwards then the mic will suck, yes.

lol

lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Piss5 version of GTA V out in November

Woo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
free upgrade or are they charging for it a third time

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Apparently State of Play will have a sale on Demons Souls in a week or so. Maybe I will get to that a lot sooner than we thought? :D

Maybe a sneaky Demons Souls before TLOU? I have a FromSoftware hole in my heart and knowing there is a game left is poking at me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

I like it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The pulse 3D hurts my head if I wear it for extended periods of time. It pushes against the sides of my skull and isn't very padded.

I switched to using my wired pc headset which is always comfortable and haven't looked back.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

The Walrus posted:

free upgrade or are they charging for it a third time

No free upgrade.

The online-only version will be a PS Plus freebie for 3 months, but if you want single player you need to buy for the third time.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I like the leaves, but you really should configure you startup screen as it tells you, just to get rid of that RTL and Pro7 trash.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Hopper posted:

I like the leaves, but you really should configure you startup screen as it tells you, just to get rid of that RTL and Pro7 trash.

Funny enough, I tried this and it keeps resetting my start screen to this. I couldn't bother to factory reset the TV.

German Television is utter trash

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Apparently State of Play will have a sale on Demons Souls in a week or so. Maybe I will get to that a lot sooner than we thought? :D

Maybe a sneaky Demons Souls before TLOU? I have a FromSoftware hole in my heart and knowing there is a game left is poking at me.

Have we seen first party sales yet? I have a BUNCH of stuff I wanna pick up but I'm busy enough with the games I have right now I can wait.]

Spiderman is really awesome guys. I really really liked the original though, and everyone's like "$50 you can beat it in 9 hours" but I think I'm 20 hours in and just making clips of me swinging around the city or beating up guys and sending it to my friends

Ghost of Tsushima looks incredible on PS5 but I just... don't think I want to play more Ghost of Tsushima anymore. Maybe I'll just do the story quests

Genshin Impact looks nice and the combat is good but this story is awful and I think I finally hit the point where the game is like "Ok... go grind now. Bye"

I am going to burn myself out on open world games so quickly

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

PantsBandit posted:

The pulse 3D hurts my head if I wear it for extended periods of time. It pushes against the sides of my skull and isn't very padded.

I switched to using my wired pc headset which is always comfortable and haven't looked back.

Yea, a major emerging downside is that the pulse 3d never breaks in, due to the materials choices.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I watched a few youtube videos of people doing mic tests with the pulse 3d and other headsets and the mic test did not sound fantastic and a bit roomy. The Arctic P5 that someone recommended to me sounded pretty decent and there were about nine other headsets. None of them sounded as good as a standalone mic though but I think that is to be expected. Probably going to get the Arctic P5s for when it is a me on my own kind of gaming session :)

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Have we seen first party sales yet? I have a BUNCH of stuff I wanna pick up but I'm busy enough with the games I have right now I can wait.]

I am not sure, but a cheaper Demons Souls means I am getting it sooner! :)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

VideoGames posted:

I watched a few youtube videos of people doing mic tests with the pulse 3d and other headsets and the mic test did not sound fantastic and a bit roomy. The Arctic P5 that someone recommended to me sounded pretty decent and there were about nine other headsets. None of them sounded as good as a standalone mic though but I think that is to be expected. Probably going to get the Arctic P5s for when it is a me on my own kind of gaming session :)

It looks so so good! Plus I still like Demon's better than any Dark Souls game but that's partially nostalgia and how unique that first one was. I'm still super aware that the game will play and animate like it is from 2009 even if it looks great

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have the PS Gold headset and I like it, good sound quality and it's decently comfortable. I don't do much online gaming so I don't have much opinion on the mic quality

VideoGames posted:

Demon's Souls is great and it looks and runs really well! You'll probably have a pretty easy time with it after playing all the other games lol. It's interesting because the levels are more challenging than the bosses for the most part

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It looks so so good! Plus I still like Demon's better than any Dark Souls game but that's partially nostalgia and how unique that first one was. I'm still super aware that the game will play and animate like it is from 2009 even if it looks great

That was my worry but right now I just want more games from the company that brought me a pretty sweet few months of gaming.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Demon's Souls is great and it looks and runs really well! You'll probably have a pretty easy time with it after playing all the other games lol. It's interesting because the levels are more challenging than the bosses for the most part

Haha I hope I do but no idea if I will miss so many improvements and changes. Going from BB to DS1 was pretty tricky. Now I am going from Sekiro to DeS. No more speedy unlimited stamnia grapple jumps. I have seen videos of it though and wow, does it look stunning. I have yet to play a full on PS5 game like that and not a last gen game.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I started playing Returnal and I decided to try out the teeth thing. I’ll be setting up a go fund me for my dentist bill, just a heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Retainer-al