Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Excellent - what time do the events usually pop up? Feels like 2PMish EST but idr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1394352360512700416

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

tomorrow is my first day off in over 20 days of working 10-12 hrs a day

gonna grind out all these skins and tank my SR while i'm doing it

can't wait

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1394322148165103622

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Now we just need Harley Quinn Mercy.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Now we just need Harley Quinn Mercy.

And, obviously, Caped Crusader Reinhardt.

smug pedant
Feb 15, 2020

by sebmojo
what the gently caress are the current mechanics for sombra’s teleport beyond “whatever you’re expecting this button to do, its going to do the opposite”

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

press button to throw beacon, press button again to teleport to beacon

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

kecske posted:

forget you've already used your beacon, press button in the middle of combat, throw beacon instead of escaping, panic, die

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

kecske posted:

Find out that Junkrat has trapped your beacon...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

forget you've already used your beacon, press button in the middle of combat, throw beacon instead of escaping, panic, die

I've lost track of how many times I've done this exact thing

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Or the opposite, when you get to the team fight and throw your translocator, but forgot you placed it at spawn and get teleported a minute away.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I've been doing great as sombra since I got unbanned, playing Apex was good practice. Been practicing hacking ults. Death Blossom and Barrage is easy to predict and hack now, and I'm getting better at Earthshatter but find you need to do it really early to actually cancel it, not when the hammer lands.

The trick I'm most happy with is destroying red sombras though: when you have EMP, they probably do as well. Face your team and hold down hack. If the sombra comes out of stealth by pressing EMP, the hack will come through at just the right time to cancel the EMP.

If you're lucky you might get them to waste a D.Va bomb or something that needed the EMP as well. But even if not, you can normally kill their sombra and still have your EMP, so it really swings a fight.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
She's the one character I want to be really good with, but who I also I have absolutely no aptitude for. :sigh:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I don't play DPS much but I found just watching Fitzy's videos helped with Sombra play, especially with how aggressive he can be rather than just sneaking around the outside not doing much.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm not usually one to endorse Junkrat skins where his shirt stays on, but well

https://twitter.com/OverwatchNaeri/status/1394720546068127744

:discourse:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

lol Symmetra is never getting another skin ever again

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

lol Symmetra is never getting another skin ever again

She has Holi, she doesn't need anything else

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

I don't play DPS much but I found just watching Fitzy's videos helped with Sombra play, especially with how aggressive he can be rather than just sneaking around the outside not doing much.

Always play her super aggressive, you will get killed a lot but constantly annoying the enemy team behind their line helps your team take points and opens up more chances for kills.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

When's Whats-his-face Not-jeff supposed to talk about OW2 PvP?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Father Wendigo posted:

When's Whats-his-face Not-jeff supposed to talk about OW2 PvP?

tomorrow, noon pacific time

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I got some replacement Captain America vibes from him at first, but the truth is he's just a product line manager trying to do his best inside a lovely shell of a company that used to be good, and frankly I wish him all the best. Having gamers as clients has to be #3 worst behind criminals and cancer patients.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 19, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Can't wait to see the dead look in his eyes when he has to try and promote whatever lovely monetization scam is being forced upon him. :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can't wait to see the dead look in his eyes when he has to try and promote whatever lovely monetization scam is being forced upon him. :smith:

But lootboxes are already in the game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitch.tv/overwatchleague

Overwatch 2 PVP info happening now

5v5!!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

2 DPS, 2 Support, 1 Tank.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
lol at putting like 16% of the players in your league out of a job

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
This is an....interesting solution to no one wanting to play tank

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So how does this work with OW1/2 crossplay? Is 6v6 just donezo?

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
This seems like a terrible idea. Also, they should add a 3rd damage slot if they are getting rid of a tank slot. Make it a flex slot or something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It should be 3 DPS one support one tank imo

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

grieving for Gandalf posted:

https://twitch.tv/overwatchleague

Overwatch 2 PVP info happening now

5v5!!

Great they made it even worse, Overwatch already has huge balance issues from being a 6v6 game, 5v5 is just going to exacerbate those, if anything they should have raised up the team sizes higher

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

GigaPeon posted:

So how does this work with OW1/2 crossplay? Is 6v6 just donezo?

OW1 will basically just be OW2 without the PVE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lmfao is this their answer on how to finally balance overwatch? Real clown poo poo

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Like I know that there is a ton of balancing that will happen before it comes out. But tanks are going to be under more pressure to pick the meta tank now. Like unless they remove shields from the game and rework every tank, this seems impossible to balance and blizzard is already garbage at balancing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Rein shield is even weaker lmao.

Nice of them to get silver players to demonstrate this too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The new Zen UI is fantastic

I don't like how the health bar looks now though

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

drrockso20 posted:

Great they made it even worse, Overwatch already has huge balance issues from being a 6v6 game, 5v5 is just going to exacerbate those, if anything they should have raised up the team sizes higher

My hot take for making OW2 better, remove any ability to OHKO characters outside of Ults.

OR just delete any snipers entirely

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
I mean, two unkillable tanks has been the problem that"s dictated how the OW meta was played ever since role queue was a thing (and it became a thing because 3-4 unkillable tanks was the problem before that) and reducing tanks to one tank solves a lot of problems with the tank role becoming unkillable walls that grind games to a haut because suddenly tank cooldowns matter again so maybe tanks might actually die to sustained offense in coordinated play. But if they do this they basically need to rework many of the tanks heavily because most tanks don't really function as the ONLY tank on the team. Hog, Zarya, and Ball would need to be entirely revamped and Winston and D.va would at least need significant changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

lmao they got stylosa on to pretend this is good

dogstile posted:

Rein shield is even weaker lmao.

Nice of them to get silver players to demonstrate this too.

Silver isn't even that bad these days