Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

“What was that noise?”*

*it’s windy outside and a neighbor’s garbage cans got knocked over

Alert

Judgement

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

mornings, am i rite, catfolks

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Crankit posted:

That selkirk rex has me wondering if they need special fur care, are they a nightmare of brushing and knots and matts?

yes, you can easily overgroom or undergroom them lmao

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
cats... good

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
caught a neighbor kitty walking through the yard last night, he lives across the street.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this is a top 5 pep face

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
pleased to snooze Lump

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
(cross post from the cat FAQ thread)
Does anyone have suggestions for an escape-proof cat harness? My tortie could really benefit from some outside time but she's capable of wriggling out of her current harness if she tries hard enough.

Bonus points if it's in Canada or at least has non-exorbitant shipping. :canada:

cat tax

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Bandit and Sundae spooning on the giant Bandit blanket.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Robo Kitty posted:

(cross post from the cat FAQ thread)
Does anyone have suggestions for an escape-proof cat harness? My tortie could really benefit from some outside time but she's capable of wriggling out of her current harness if she tries hard enough.

We've had very good luck with the Kitty Holster:
https://www.kittyholster.com

The basic ones are for sale on amazon.ca, too.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Just because a cat looks out the window, does that mean you should take the cat outside? My gf wants to put a harness on kitty and take her for a walk, but I’m worried she will either freak out, or she’ll really like it and keep trying to escape back outside. Idk, I never saw anybody walk a cat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that's not true but that doesn't mean taking a cat out on a leash is necessarily bad. worst case, the cat refuses to follow you out the door and you have a useless cat harness

obviously this depends on your location, I would never take either cat outside because we're on a major city avenue with nothing but paved sidewalks

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It just depends on the cat, really. Some just like looking out the window from the safety of the house. Others act like going outside is the best thing ever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

any time i tried a harness on bun she would just flop and act dead

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

i have neighbors that i see walk their 2 cats sometimes in the morning the courtyard with harnesses. one of the cats loves to jump up and look around and explore. the other one gets carried.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

a delightful void

Ivy has been on a super expressive tear the last couple days. Yesterday she broke out the disapproving dad.

Over the weekend she'd been curled up on this bed and when I opened the blinds to let in the sun it's like the on switch had been flipped.

"I didn't do anything I swear"

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

art

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

i agree

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.

Picayune posted:

We've had very good luck with the Kitty Holster:
https://www.kittyholster.com

The basic ones are for sale on amazon.ca, too.

Thanks! This looks really promising.

Our cats have made their opinions on going outside pretty clear. We used to live in an apartment that opened onto a small courtyard and the tortie was constantly demanding to go outside to sniff around and eat some grass (then have a barf). We now live in an apartment that opens onto an interior hallway so she isn't yelling at the door to go out. Our orange boy has been bullying her lately and I think she'd be happier with some supervised outside time again, but the outdoor spaces here are much larger and not so enclosed, hence my concern for a more secure harness. (We also have a balcony but we're five stories up.)

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Here is Freya rocking her holster and eating a grass:

Freya will generally only go a house or two away before coming back to eat more grass, but Calliope will eagerly trot around the block and explore new worlds.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/AITA_reddit/status/1394816785787064331?s=20

thread.... are we the assholes?

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:20 on May 19, 2021

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

picture of the kitty:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Looks more like a fish tbh

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
I am a cat, I don’t speak English and funny names don’t hurt my feelings
/

in fact you could call me just about anything, including swears and insensitive things and as long as you feed me and be nice to me I wouldn’t care, or even judge you. Just ask the dog from Dambusters
/

tell your weird-rear end sister to gtfo then give Richard some treats, he’s a good boy and deserves them
/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Theres a good boy :3

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

dicknose actually looks like a dicknose

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Bad news y'all:

The parole board denied my release and added another 1,000 years to my sentence

she was purring the entire time

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

widget always looks so displeased, especially when she's happy

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Fashionably Great posted:

Bad news y'all:

The parole purrole board denied my release and added another 1,000 years to my sentence

she was purring the entire time

:cmon:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Just because a cat looks out the window, does that mean you should take the cat outside? My gf wants to put a harness on kitty and take her for a walk, but I’m worried she will either freak out, or she’ll really like it and keep trying to escape back outside. Idk, I never saw anybody walk a cat
we've tried this with rocco. he mostly just cries then starts pawing at the door to go back inside. he loves his windows, though. :shrug:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

widget!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hello Rocco

not helpful, Seville

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Kavak posted:

Looks more like a fish tbh

I see a sword. Excalibur. Excalifur. Excalifloof?!?

That is one cool-lookin cat

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Marcie has a couple of these harnesses which look nice and are pretty escape proof, though she is a good girl and doesn't really wriggle that much.

https://www.butterflycatjackets.com/

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

her name is squish and she's my best friend. she likes to hang out on top of this tall shelf unit.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

CatBlack posted:

her name is squish and she's my best friend. she likes to hang out on top of this tall shelf unit.

:hmmyes: seems like a real good kitty kitty right there

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CatBlack posted:

hi squish