Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

Sandwolf posted:

No offense At-Low but your posts after merk flipped just felt a little too insincere. And now your arguing of the gavel feels more like excitement rather than honest.

I have literally never been more sincere in my life

But this is the game of lies so like, I get it

Do you think that my crackpot case on merk where I dug up the binus thing was just a nonsense bus? Like if I was making that argument as scum, do you think I would have been pushing for merk and not somber?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Fry, Town, Armorer, has been killed.

It is now Day 5. Deadline to be determined (if you have suggestions I’m listening).

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Mr. Steak (2): Sandwolf, Hal Insandenza
dy. (1): AT-LOW, Mr. Steak, AT-LOW
.random (1): AT-LOW

Not Voting (4): .random, dy., ilmucche, sandnavyguy

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 19th, 2021 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Ignore that last votecount. Stupid robot.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (8): .random, AT-LOW, dy., Hal Insandenza, ilmucche, Mr. Steak, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ahhh good job guys

.random
May 7, 2007

Whatcha got for us Steak?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

.random posted:

Whatcha got for us Steak?

i have that dy is clean

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

At-Low or Hal for me today, I think

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

At-Low or Hal for me today, I think

Sandwolf!!

.random
May 7, 2007

I’m leaning AT-LOW but I’m willing to take my time and do some rereading.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

i have that dy is clean

Why dy?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i wifomed too hard about a merk bus thats why

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not gonna be rereading merk until tomorrow, just fyi

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
earlier days of merk, i should say

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

.random posted:

I’m leaning AT-LOW but I’m willing to take my time and do some rereading.

Your smug satisfaction has been palpable for the last while.

You are not town who is aware and concerned that you are going to need to make 3 more incredibly precise guesses to succeed.

You are scum who is aware that all you must do to win is eliminate me.

I can only conclude that merk's vote on you was a final bus to secure you for endgame.

I. Am. Calling. This. Bluff.

##vote random

All game you keep posting in a "hey guys! Whaddaya think????" style and now only after merk blew up you're suddenly this confident?

You mention SNG over and over and over and over again through the game, then you drop SNG for ilmucche, a case you feel strongly about, and then suddenly last day you're shaking hands with ilmucche and SNG, apologizing for being wrong, like the game is over???

If town is to have a shot in hell at winning, we have to make 3 extremely high-stakes guesses. And yet you're completely discarding your reads, including one you stated you felt was quite good, and instead focusing only on me.

If you were town and I was scum, you would still have two very high-stakes guesses to make after this one. But last day, you were already discarding your reads and running your victory lap.

You are completely unconcerned about the next two days, because you know that if you eliminate me now, you have already won.

This is the best read that I have left in the tank. If I'm wrong, my b. But I've hosed up over and over again this game and I simply do not have the mental energy to continue burning on this.

You've smelled townie blood in the water and you're making your play. You are unconcerned about days 6 and 7 because you do not expect them to happen.

I'm going with my instincts. This is the best I got.

.random
May 7, 2007

Your read on me is bad, and I am sorry. I’m not being smug or confident at all - only feeling “yesterday” was of relief that we finally got something right. I am glad I abandoned my other cases to vote merk. But I am planning to do a thorough review of things, so my vote is not yet cast :banjo:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AT-LOW posted:

Your smug satisfaction has been palpable for the last while.

You are not town who is aware and concerned that you are going to need to make 3 more incredibly precise guesses to succeed.

You are scum who is aware that all you must do to win is eliminate me.

I can only conclude that merk's vote on you was a final bus to secure you for endgame.

I. Am. Calling. This. Bluff.

##vote random

All game you keep posting in a "hey guys! Whaddaya think????" style and now only after merk blew up you're suddenly this confident?

You mention SNG over and over and over and over again through the game, then you drop SNG for ilmucche, a case you feel strongly about, and then suddenly last day you're shaking hands with ilmucche and SNG, apologizing for being wrong, like the game is over???

If town is to have a shot in hell at winning, we have to make 3 extremely high-stakes guesses. And yet you're completely discarding your reads, including one you stated you felt was quite good, and instead focusing only on me.

If you were town and I was scum, you would still have two very high-stakes guesses to make after this one. But last day, you were already discarding your reads and running your victory lap.

You are completely unconcerned about the next two days, because you know that if you eliminate me now, you have already won.

This is the best read that I have left in the tank. If I'm wrong, my b. But I've hosed up over and over again this game and I simply do not have the mental energy to continue burning on this.

You've smelled townie blood in the water and you're making your play. You are unconcerned about days 6 and 7 because you do not expect them to happen.

I'm going with my instincts. This is the best I got.

I do like the gumption here but I guess I don't see this smug confidence in a guy going well I may be leaning at-low but I gotta read some more.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

.random posted:

Your read on me is bad, and I am sorry. I’m not being smug or confident at all - only feeling “yesterday” was of relief that we finally got something right. I am glad I abandoned my other cases to vote merk. But I am planning to do a thorough review of things, so my vote is not yet cast :banjo:

My purely rational thoughts:

-I do not think all 3 masons are in on it, so I think at least one non-mason is scum and I would kinda like to focus outside the masonry for today
-Hal I'm uncertain about, the grandi thing could be considered a good scum move (although someone at the time said it was consistent with Hal's reads up till then) and trying to defer responsibility to Sandwolf on the gavel is... odd, as Sandwolf said, but sandwolf is in here going "at-low or hal" so I'm like, okay, I know I'm town, is sw wrong town with maybe a good point on the hal thing, or scum presenting two town options to influence town towards two losing scenarios? I can't tell, this is part of why I want to stay outside the masonry today
-steak or dy... idk, I have wifom poisoning on steak and dy is a big ol' maybe. I kinda think that not all the hidden roles are town? But that's ultimately pretty arbitrary. Honestly so much for rational thought
-I do not have anyone I think is definite town at this time

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

If you don’t come out of yesterday with Steak at the top of your list I don’t think we’re playing the same game.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Hal Insandenza posted:

I do like the gumption here but I guess I don't see this smug confidence in a guy going well I may be leaning at-low but I gotta read some more.

I see the "I'll read more, but..." as basically a formality, with the context of yesterday the decision seems like it was already made

Also yesterday he was passing out cigars, so I see this as following up on that I guess

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hal Insandenza posted:

I’m reading atlow as flailing scum right now. He was pretty cozy with merk and I think he feels like he now has to act like his mind is blown and he doesn’t know what to do.

I don’t think this scumteam is particularly subtle.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dy. posted:

If you don’t come out of yesterday with Steak at the top of your list I don’t think we’re playing the same game.

you *really* need to stop tunneling. i'm willing to write you off for at least 1 lunch since you didnt kill last night and there are other scum to catch, but this has gotten absurd

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

you *really* need to stop tunneling. i'm willing to write you off for at least 1 lunch since you didnt kill last night and there are other scum to catch, but this has gotten absurd
Well my second choice is you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dy. posted:

idk how you could say this when we're clearly doing so badly

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

i have that dy is clean

Ah man what a surprise Mr Steak’s powerful role once again did not catch scum who woulda thunk

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dy. posted:

Ah man what a surprise Mr Steak’s powerful role once again did not catch scum who woulda thunk

im realizing just what a longshot it is to catch anyone with this role

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

idk how you could say this when we're clearly doing so badly
You guys were doing pretty good until you and merk had that weird meltdown

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

dy. posted:

He was pretty cozy with merk

Restating this genuine question

AT-LOW posted:

Do you think that my crackpot case on merk where I dug up the binus thing was just a nonsense bus? Like if I was making that argument as scum, do you think I would have been pushing for merk and not somber?

dy. posted:

I agree in that I think the main confusion this game hasn't been the scumteam being subtle so much as town continuously parading itself into the spotlight with sequins on

Also stuff like massive group tunneling on Keane etc, like that just wasn't not happening and it truly didn't need to

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

AT-LOW posted:

that just wasn't not happening and it truly didn't need to

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Any case on merk has been superseded in my mind by more recent events. I am phonepostin now so can’t dig back but all I remember is you being right there with merk on the rushed gavel. And I remember you directly asking me “why aren’t are gaveling right now?” and generally pushing it pretty forcefully.

I will look at it all more thoroughly tomorrow, but that’s how it sits in my brain currently.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

dy. posted:

And I remember you directly asking me “why aren’t you gaveling right now?”

Fixed

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

dy. posted:

Any case on merk has been superseded in my mind by more recent events. I am phonepostin now so can’t dig back but all I remember is you being right there with merk on the rushed gavel. And I remember you directly asking me “why aren’t are gaveling right now?” and generally pushing it pretty forcefully.

Yes, I was against it at first, but merk convinced me (and I had wanted to flip SNG anyway). It was not my finest hour.

I will note that the fact that I cased merk before is not the issue I'm raising, it's the nature of the case: I saw Somber do something that I thought looked like protecting merk, so I dug up binus's D1 interactions with merk and concluded that merk might be scum and somber might be in cahoots... but I pushed for a merk vote over a somber one. If I was on merk's team, why wouldn't I push for somber first, let somber flip town, and go "oh I was wrong about merk" and drop it?

I am pointing this out myself, of course, so I do not begrudge you any grains of salt you may feel the need to take this with.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##vote steak

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##unvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes...?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I mean I'd love to turbo you out of the game but we should probably scum hunt a bit

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I would rather Hal than at-low, though I agree at-low's posts since the Merk flip are real weird and not at all like I remember them from when they were town.

I was hoping for some turbo action here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

AT-LOW posted:

idk, I have wifom poisoning on steak
(This is a real question and not pressure.) Why won't you vote Steak?