Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Check out the smoking thread over in GWS for recommendations on what type of smoker to buy. There's a lot of things to consider, and a lot of extra gadgets to buy if you want to maintain a constant temperature using a non-electric smoker.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460953

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got the Louisiana pellet grill from Costco two years ago. It works fine, but it's painted instead of powder coated like the Traeger. It's cheaper than the Traeger in a lot of ways actually. A lot of the paint flakes off in hot spots. The Rust-Oleum grill paint I've touched it up with has held up better.

Anyway, my beard trimmer finally died. Is the one at Costco (I assume they sell one) any good?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Did they get rid of Kirkland Tomato Paste?! It was the absolute best! I can't find it now in the store and it's not available from costco online.
I find their canned stuff extremely loving spotty, and have for awhile now. Sometimes they'll ahve canned tomato paste but no tomato sauce, sometimes they'll have sauce but no paste, sometimes neither. sometimes they'll have canned beans but mostly not and i've only been able to find a pallete of canned black beans like maybe twice. Canned coconut milk is also a real loving mystery and i've only seen it once in a blue moon but always pickup a case when they do. I guess they sell out of canned stuff quickly and dont get it restocked very often. They have probably not got rid of it, but maybe they're having supplier issues.

It's really rather annoying because I often put off buying canned until I can get it in bulk and it's just never there and just end up buying a few cans at a time when I need to from Trader Joes instead.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Picturing you having an RSS feed that scours the forums(is that how those work idk) and whenever someone mentions chest freezers it Rube Goldberg machine's your rear end into the posting throne

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Xaris posted:

I find their canned stuff extremely loving spotty, and have for awhile now. Sometimes they'll ahve canned tomato paste but no tomato sauce, sometimes they'll have sauce but no paste, sometimes neither. sometimes they'll have canned beans but mostly not and i've only been able to find a pallete of canned black beans like maybe twice. Canned coconut milk is also a real loving mystery and i've only seen it once in a blue moon but always pickup a case when they do. I guess they sell out of canned stuff quickly and dont get it restocked very often. They have probably not got rid of it, but maybe they're having supplier issues.

It's really rather annoying because I often put off buying canned until I can get it in bulk and it's just never there and just end up buying a few cans at a time when I need to from Trader Joes instead.

I agree about the canned goods being spotty, but for the black beans at least there was recently a recall that screwed up their supplies.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Went to church today to pick up my meds (Costco prices plus GoodRX saves me like $150/month holy poo poo) and got a pepperoni slice and a mocha freeze to eat outside before biking home. On my way out, I noticed something hanging on the door near the manager’s station:

Bought it on the spot, $20 cash donation. A truly blessed visit, PBUC.

Hello fellow Clybourn Costco churchgoer. I saw that a few weeks ago, it really is a beauty of a t-shirt. I think I'll pick one up on my next visit.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

FogHelmut posted:

Anyway, my beard trimmer finally died. Is the one at Costco (I assume they sell one) any good?

They have a newer model of the Norelco I got last Christmas so I can't say directly. When I was shopping, however, the value of the Costco version was the extra stuff you get with it like replacement blades, an adjustable guard, etc.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

david_a posted:

I agree about the canned goods being spotty, but for the black beans at least there was recently a recall that screwed up their supplies.
oh yeah i forgot about that, but yeah no these are usually trips over the years well before the recent recall.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
My beef with Costco canned goods is that their diced tomatoes are diced too big. There's no scientific standard for the size of a... die?... of a tomato, but I vastly prefer the Hunts Petite Diced tomatoes. The Safeway version is also small. Kirkland is more like chunked tomatoes.

I've got a picky eater who can strain out tomato pieces like a whale filters krill (but she'd probably drink ketchup if I dared her; hell, she probably already has), so the smaller the dice the happier the diner.

Wife and daughter had a mostly-playful shouting match over who ate how many Boba ice cream bars. Turns out the kid moved several from the chest freezer (just kidding, it's upright) into the kitchen fridge for easy access. Crisis averted!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I left the macadamia nut clusters, milk, and boba bars in my car yesterday and just found them this afternoon. My neighbors got to see me crying in my driveway as I shoved soupy macadamias in my face. I was already depressed. I didn't need this disappointment today.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

fizzymercury posted:

I left the macadamia nut clusters, milk, and boba bars in my car yesterday and just found them this afternoon. My neighbors got to see me crying in my driveway as I shoved soupy macadamias in my face. I was already depressed. I didn't need this disappointment today.

Awwww man we all been there.. a few months back I had the kitkat icecream bars in the freezer which I took out to rearrange and forgot em next to it and ughhhh nooooo kitkat :sigh:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I did the same with a brand new box of the ajinomoto ramen from the freezer section. Put everything but it in the chest freezer in the garage when I got home. Went back into the garage the next day and saw the ramen box sitting on the work bench. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

fischtick posted:

I've got a picky eater who can strain out tomato pieces like a whale filters krill

:lmao:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

priznat posted:

Awwww man we all been there.. a few months back I had the kitkat icecream bars in the freezer which I took out to rearrange and forgot em next to it and ughhhh nooooo kitkat :sigh:

Did that with 4lbs of bacon once.

I was going into the freezer to pull out bacon. It was a sad time.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
earlier in the pandemic I left probably a pound and a half of vacuum sealed portioned pork belly on top of the freezer in the garage for a couple days before I noticed :(

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

fischtick posted:

My beef with Costco canned goods is that their diced tomatoes are diced too big. There's no scientific standard for the size of a... die?... of a tomato, but I vastly prefer the Hunts Petite Diced tomatoes.

I mean, there is the difference you are going to be seeing between the size of the diced tomato there chief, lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

hakimashou posted:

earlier in the pandemic I left probably a pound and a half of vacuum sealed portioned pork belly on top of the freezer in the garage for a couple days before I noticed :(

That would never have happened if you had a chest freezer

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

poisonpill posted:

That would never have happened if you had a drive-in freezer

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hakimashou posted:

I did this a month ago with two ribeyes

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

poisonpill posted:

That would never have happened if you had a chest freezer

I’m just going to pretend I didn’t read this

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Hey all, was at my local church today and found they had a lot of great things for the house on display. I just bought a house and moving in next month so it was destiny. Picked up this really nice wicker chair set that'll be in my sunroom, some new LED lights to replace some nasty fluorescents in the kitchen and a few other odds and ends. I'm planning on replacing all of the toilets in my house and hey have this Kohler on sale for $150 (see below) but I know gently caress-all about whether it's a good one or not. I mean, it has a dude flexing next to the words POWERFUL FLUSH, so that should be a good thing. All I know is that I'm transferring my bidet seat onto one of them on day one.

Also, any input on the garbage disposal they have for sale for $80? For some reason the previous owners took it out so I'll need to get a new one in. I usually try Costco but with a few impulse purchases I'm hoping that I can check these things off of my crazy busy moving schedule.

Thanks in advance for any input you have on the shitter and the garbage disposal!

PBUC

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I bought a toilet from costco ages ago and it sucks and I hate it, it’s “water ridge” or something though not kohler which is a good brand. The flushing mechanism button is total trash and you gotta jiggle it a bunch to get it to seal.

I just don’t have the gumption to return a terlet.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i want to return this toilet, i can barely poo poo in this thing. give me my money back

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Hell Yeah posted:

i want to return this toilet, i can barely poo poo in this thing. give me my money back

still better than returning a christmas tree

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not to sure about that

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if costco carries it then its good

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

thathonkey posted:

if costco carries it then its good

Never tried the Keto snacks I see

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just got a new toilet (which is awesome) and I did a whole lot of researching. Apparently Kohler's, usually a premium brand, QC went down the tubes and it's hit or miss with them. I got a plumber to install mine and he said the same thing. I got an American Standard and he said that was the way to go. It's the Vortex Max or something. When you flush it, the water comes out of a channel on the side and swirls around the bowl. It's super cool. :)

I went to the 'co today and finally picked up some Normandy Blend veggies. Also a 6.5lb bag of chicken breasts. That'll be great for meal prep. Although I literally had to shove and push them into my freezer. I haven't gotten the veggies for so long because my freezer has been so full so lately I've been eating as much as I could think of out of it. Well, it fit at least.

Also picked up some Vitafusion Multivitamin gummies and Kirkland vitamin D, both on sale.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

TraderStav posted:

Hey all, was at my local church today and found they had a lot of great things for the house on display. I just bought a house and moving in next month so it was destiny. Picked up this really nice wicker chair set that'll be in my sunroom, some new LED lights to replace some nasty fluorescents in the kitchen and a few other odds and ends. I'm planning on replacing all of the toilets in my house and hey have this Kohler on sale for $150 (see below) but I know gently caress-all about whether it's a good one or not. I mean, it has a dude flexing next to the words POWERFUL FLUSH, so that should be a good thing. All I know is that I'm transferring my bidet seat onto one of them on day one.

Also, any input on the garbage disposal they have for sale for $80? For some reason the previous owners took it out so I'll need to get a new one in. I usually try Costco but with a few impulse purchases I'm hoping that I can check these things off of my crazy busy moving schedule.

Thanks in advance for any input you have on the shitter and the garbage disposal!

PBUC

I like skirted one pieces for the look and cleaning personally. I’ve never seen Costcos carry those.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Toto is the toilet brand king atm iirc

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fallom posted:

Toto is the toilet brand king atm iirc

A nice Toto Washlet is the way to go, but it's a hell of a lot more than $149.99

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Yeah, Toto is the brand for high end bidets, their toilets may be good but holy moly the price. With an American Standard toilet and a Toto bidet, your bathroom becomes heaven.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzmdldymNtw

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

I highly recommend the vormax line by American Standard.

Poop goes in, bowl gets nice and clean by just flushing

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Buff Hardback posted:

But can it flush 16 golf balls like the beauty I installed? My dad traded an unused ping pong table for it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Buff Hardback posted:

:hfive:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://youtu.be/rjjlvcNIbuI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjjlvcNIbuI

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I appreciate all these advancements in the field of shittery

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm sure those are very nice toilets, but if it can't flush 4 dozen chicken nuggets don't even bother talking to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nooner posted:

I'm sure those are very nice toilets, but if it can't flush an entire rotisserie chicken don't even bother talking to me