Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ruddiger posted:

They had that one show called Three Sheets where a guy went to different countries to get poo poo faced drunk, that was pretty fun.

Pitch: a show about traveling the world, getting shitfaced drunk everywhere you go, and stumbling around drunk ate at night looking for ghosts. A surefire critical and commercial hit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

Pitch: a show about traveling the world, getting shitfaced drunk everywhere you go, and stumbling around drunk ate at night looking for ghosts. A surefire critical and commercial hit!

Dave Attel comeback baby!!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Please don't tell me Dave Atell is a horrible right wing sex monster now, when I was 15 watching a dumb American get drunk in random cities was amazing to me

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

oh jay posted:

To escape ghosts?

Why would anybody want to escape ghosts? Nobody’s ever been physically harmed by a ghost.

If I was in the market for a house, i’d specifically tell my real estate agent to find a property with the most amount of ghosts per square foot.

Then i’d make a Twitch account where every day i’d walk around the house showing off all my ghosts and ghouls and poltergeists and make a shitload of cash from all the sponsors that would glomb onto me.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Gonz posted:

Why would anybody want to escape ghosts? Nobody’s ever been physically harmed by a ghost.

If I was in the market for a house, i’d specifically tell my real estate agent to find a property with the most amount of ghosts per square foot.

Then i’d make a Twitch account where every day i’d walk around the house showing off all my ghosts and ghouls and poltergeists and make a shitload of cash from all the sponsors that would glomb onto me.

My ghosts only appear near my hot tub.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

Please don't tell me Dave Atell is a horrible right wing sex monster now, when I was 15 watching a dumb American get drunk in random cities was amazing to me

I can't say what his politics are, but he definitely seems like a guy who would absolutely be friends with Joe Rogan.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

oh jay posted:

My ghosts only appear near my hot tub.

Hot Tub Ghost Stream would be a ratings bonanza.

Haunted filter cartridges!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So I've been watching Family Matters starting at Season 8 and the weirdest thing about this show is how they treat Myra. She's meant to be as annoying as Urkel and characters treat her as an insufferable nuisance. The problem is she's more conventionally charming and attractive than she is any kind of Urkel-esque nightmare, except for when she is directly interacting with him, and that's twofold not really a problem (in terms of relative nuisance towards characters viewing Urkel and Myra as nuisances) -- one, they are an incredibly well-matched couple, complimentary but with a good amount of overlap in interests, it's less annoying and more just good companionship, if they were two people who were your friends and who you often had over at your home, you'd probably think it was cute or at the very least be happy for them and grumble about whatever degree of PDA you don't care to see in any coupling. Two - if they're being urkelnoying together, then others are not being actively harangued as much as if Urkel's or Myra's attention was solely on them. She's somewhere on the line between quirky and pixie dreamgirl but she's treated as only a minor step-down in nuisance compared to Urkel or Myrtle (played by Urkel) who is a bit closer to Urkel's annoyingness simply via being the same actor. Myra wearing a slightly robinhood outfit after having been in archery class is hardly the outrageously insufferable act the show makes it out to be. I've kind of spoiled the series finale for myself reading some "where are they know" clickbait's or whatever and I know the series ends with Urkel getting engaged to the Laura character, with the intention that the next non-existent season would've had their marriage. I'm still in Season 8 where Laura and Stefan (Urkel's transformed clone that is suave instead of nasally and not as smart) are in a relationship, which also seems pretty healthy insofar as 90s sitcom relationships go. Without knowing what contrivance they break-up, they too are well-matched and functional together for me to make sense of it, don't get me wrong, Urkel does not treat Myra very well and does not deserve to be with her, but in the blameless way the show will gloss over much of his behaviour in this regard, it's a very sensible and happy relationship for them outside of the kind of forced laura-thing they insist on adding in. It's actually pretty jarring when Urkel blatantly hits on Laura. I vaguely remember him always having a crush on her (isn't reality the opposite of this? i seem to recall a study showing attraction to neighbor kids was reduces in line with the same principle that ensures siblings are not attracted to one another, something to do about the closeness and early exposure, i mean, abstractly evolutionarily makes sense to me at least: keep genetic diversity by not mating with relatives, relatives are other animals that are usually around and closer to you than other animals, so dont be attracted to the ones close when you're young) and it's an ongoing thing in these late seasons despite them both being in secure relationships and also all friends with each other to the point Urkel is being a shithead to at least three people anytime he hits on Laura. I wouldn't make a pass at my brothers' wives, and I'd be much more closely related to my slightly-altered fully adult clone that I personally created -- surely my obligation to this clone are deeper and closer than that of even a parent to-child, sibling-to-sibling, home-to-homie. Sadly Urkel pays Stefan barely any mind, they rarely speak or interact, even when Urkel once again is having a major impact on his life. Urkel created Stefan and when Urkel's buffoonery transports the family to France, he introduces a big obstacle for Stefan and Laura's relationship (which they overcome and grow as a couple while demonstrating values important to both of them) but gently caress if Urkel cares or even acknowledges it. Heck Urkel only really gets around to informing Myra of the whole france and teleporter thing by accident when she's looking for him, not knowing where or what he is doing. Not looking forward to how they hamfist this coupling in the end, and I think Urkel could be forgiven for a lot, but I don't think I'd be okay with that kind of intrapersonal behaviors in my house, had I a house and family who allowed me to say things like that, but then I'd apologize for acting so patriarchal and explain that "Urkel's previous behaviour while in a relationship with a family friend is an indicator he would be a poor partner for you -- and I would also caution your feelings towards Urkel in this time, with your break-up with Stefan being so recent. Despite their similarities and circumstance of existence, they are still fundamentally unique individuals and I just want to make sure you're not "rebounding" with Urkel simply because he reminds you of Stefan in some ways. That said, I also want you to understand that I will love, respect, try to understand, and support you unconditionally, regardless of who you choose to be with or not. I would like to claim I offer this unconditional support because of our genetic relation, under which some obtuse perspectives on the 'meaning' of life would mean my own life is literally here only to ensure the well-being and survival of my offspring, so that they may also do so for their own offspring some day, thus fulfilling our role as organisms in the replication and recombination of DNA. Look, I know y'all hate when I try to anthropomorphize pop-science concepts I misunderstand to rationalize or explain away my behaviour and I beyond just acknowledging how insufferable it is to hear, and how hypocritical it is of me to speak this way when I so often criticize Urkel for similar psuedointellectual ramblings, especially suspecting he may be non-neutrotypical in some way on top of being a literal super-genius on a mad scientist level -- and I apologize for the ableism in the same breathe as discussing mental health I didn't mean or I'm just as a cultural reference point for the frankly sci-fi degree, right, sci-fi, I should've said that, i apologize again, but the sci-fi tier of Urkel's power... not just the inventions, but the resources, -- the logistics, Laura! I see him so often I don't understand when or how or where he's making any of this, yeah, maybe I feel a little jealous, inadequate, maybe that's why I try to convince myself reading wikipedia is a substitute for learning, for reading, if I jam enough of that in a sentence I can make a cloud for myself, make a framework to drown out the noise of what I won't think-- Laura, what I'm trying to say is -- all of that is a shield, a coping mechanism, and why I wanted to reiterate my unconditional love is because of the thing we never talk about. It's time I acknowledge how I failed to offer this support to Judy, your mother and I both let Judy down. We weren't there for her when we needed to be, she went up the stairs and... we just let her, she never came back down. We never looked until it was too late, she already ceased to exist. You were right, by the way, I pretended I was too drunk to remember, but I heard you, and you were right. We adopted 3J and Richie because of the guilt we felt about Judy, we just weren't ready to acknowledge it. Maybe we still aren't but the time to start is now. I will never let you go like we did to Judy, and the same goes for 3J and Richie. I have no right to lecture you on relationships and I have learning and healing to do, and I hope we can all move towards that as a family, but I respect if you need space or don't want that pressure, I don't want this to just be for the benefit of my own bruised psyche, I seek genuine repentance and desire to do better, and I know I can never be forgiven for letting my own child disappear and then never mention it until the weight of it has caused fractures to crack open into canyons. This degree of emotional labour I'm asking of all of us is unfair too, I didn't plan to unload like this but this is a 90s sitcom Laura, Frasier didn't start airing until a few seasons into our lives, and it's hardly a sensible or fair depiction of psychology or anything or anyone for that matter. Had I therapist they might tell me this self-indulgent solipsist rationalization was a different face of the same coping mechanisms, I'm running from what I won't say what I am going to say what I can't not say now I'm a cop, Laura. I know nobody disappears unless we disappears, oh my god, Judy is gone Laura, she didn't disappear, nobody disappears oh my god why cant i remember oh my god" But more generally speaking, Urkel's greatest crimes are simply those of invention and not utilizing them for Good, in the same way Christ is kind of a rotten bastard when you consider the exponential relationship between degree of power and responsibility (plus given his superpowers he was fully aware of the violence in death soon to be brought in his name, those hurt by malform interpretation and enforcement of his supposed intended message of "good news" as well as lacking the cognitive ability to have easily found exactly the way to have organized his future religion such that it would've maximized utility and Goodness in the world instead). Transformative cloning machine, time machine, teleporter pad -- it's not hard to see infinite uses and opportunities to do good in the world, without having to really sacrifice anything whatsoever for yourself. Carl probably should be the figure guiding Urkel when he invents these things, but he's pretty numb to it all, on top of being a cop, so his training and instincts are not geared towards selflessness or altruism in any way. The latter two are just the extreme accomplishments or science Urkel made in one season, for all I know in prior seasons he found a way to revive the recently dead, or cured cancer, but then only used it for one episode's worth of hijinks, never applying it in an important way, or even just sharing the technology or knowledge with the world. However everyone gives Jesus a pass for not doing enough while he was there, so maybe my standards are too high with regard to the responsibility of the super-powered. In any case, even ignoring Urkel's mistreatment of everyone at times, aside from whatever degree of failure to apply his gifts for Good you hold against him, regardless of just the way he seems to constantly engage in behavior that very often brings discord to the family unit -- he quite often just steals from them, Carl especially. Urkel intentionally uses his seemingly buffoonish demeanor to his advantage, for example, on a "normal" trip to annoy Carl about this or that, Urkel misdirects Carl's attention, manipulating him based on his knowledge and experience meddling with Carl, while, with the nimble and deft hand of a magician or pickpocket, uses some blueprints he is holding to literally steal pancakes off of Carl's plate! Sometimes I wonder why this family puts up with this guy!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Khanstant posted:

So I've been watching Family Matters starting at Season 8 and the weirdest thing about this show is how they treat Myra. She's meant to be as annoying as Urkel and characters treat her as an insufferable nuisance. The problem is she's more conventionally charming and attractive than she is any kind of Urkel-esque nightmare, except for when she is directly interacting with him, and that's twofold not really a problem (in terms of relative nuisance towards characters viewing Urkel and Myra as nuisances) -- one, they are an incredibly well-matched couple, complimentary but with a good amount of overlap in interests, it's less annoying and more just good companionship, if they were two people who were your friends and who you often had over at your home, you'd probably think it was cute or at the very least be happy for them and grumble about whatever degree of PDA you don't care to see in any coupling. Two - if they're being urkelnoying together, then others are not being actively harangued as much as if Urkel's or Myra's attention was solely on them. She's somewhere on the line between quirky and pixie dreamgirl but she's treated as only a minor step-down in nuisance compared to Urkel or Myrtle (played by Urkel) who is a bit closer to Urkel's annoyingness simply via being the same actor. Myra wearing a slightly robinhood outfit after having been in archery class is hardly the outrageously insufferable act the show makes it out to be. I've kind of spoiled the series finale for myself reading some "where are they know" clickbait's or whatever and I know the series ends with Urkel getting engaged to the Laura character, with the intention that the next non-existent season would've had their marriage. I'm still in Season 8 where Laura and Stefan (Urkel's transformed clone that is suave instead of nasally and not as smart) are in a relationship, which also seems pretty healthy insofar as 90s sitcom relationships go. Without knowing what contrivance they break-up, they too are well-matched and functional together for me to make sense of it, don't get me wrong, Urkel does not treat Myra very well and does not deserve to be with her, but in the blameless way the show will gloss over much of his behaviour in this regard, it's a very sensible and happy relationship for them outside of the kind of forced laura-thing they insist on adding in. It's actually pretty jarring when Urkel blatantly hits on Laura. I vaguely remember him always having a crush on her (isn't reality the opposite of this? i seem to recall a study showing attraction to neighbor kids was reduces in line with the same principle that ensures siblings are not attracted to one another, something to do about the closeness and early exposure, i mean, abstractly evolutionarily makes sense to me at least: keep genetic diversity by not mating with relatives, relatives are other animals that are usually around and closer to you than other animals, so dont be attracted to the ones close when you're young) and it's an ongoing thing in these late seasons despite them both being in secure relationships and also all friends with each other to the point Urkel is being a shithead to at least three people anytime he hits on Laura. I wouldn't make a pass at my brothers' wives, and I'd be much more closely related to my slightly-altered fully adult clone that I personally created -- surely my obligation to this clone are deeper and closer than that of even a parent to-child, sibling-to-sibling, home-to-homie. Sadly Urkel pays Stefan barely any mind, they rarely speak or interact, even when Urkel once again is having a major impact on his life. Urkel created Stefan and when Urkel's buffoonery transports the family to France, he introduces a big obstacle for Stefan and Laura's relationship (which they overcome and grow as a couple while demonstrating values important to both of them) but gently caress if Urkel cares or even acknowledges it. Heck Urkel only really gets around to informing Myra of the whole france and teleporter thing by accident when she's looking for him, not knowing where or what he is doing. Not looking forward to how they hamfist this coupling in the end, and I think Urkel could be forgiven for a lot, but I don't think I'd be okay with that kind of intrapersonal behaviors in my house, had I a house and family who allowed me to say things like that, but then I'd apologize for acting so patriarchal and explain that "Urkel's previous behaviour while in a relationship with a family friend is an indicator he would be a poor partner for you -- and I would also caution your feelings towards Urkel in this time, with your break-up with Stefan being so recent. Despite their similarities and circumstance of existence, they are still fundamentally unique individuals and I just want to make sure you're not "rebounding" with Urkel simply because he reminds you of Stefan in some ways. That said, I also want you to understand that I will love, respect, try to understand, and support you unconditionally, regardless of who you choose to be with or not. I would like to claim I offer this unconditional support because of our genetic relation, under which some obtuse perspectives on the 'meaning' of life would mean my own life is literally here only to ensure the well-being and survival of my offspring, so that they may also do so for their own offspring some day, thus fulfilling our role as organisms in the replication and recombination of DNA. Look, I know y'all hate when I try to anthropomorphize pop-science concepts I misunderstand to rationalize or explain away my behaviour and I beyond just acknowledging how insufferable it is to hear, and how hypocritical it is of me to speak this way when I so often criticize Urkel for similar psuedointellectual ramblings, especially suspecting he may be non-neutrotypical in some way on top of being a literal super-genius on a mad scientist level -- and I apologize for the ableism in the same breathe as discussing mental health I didn't mean or I'm just as a cultural reference point for the frankly sci-fi degree, right, sci-fi, I should've said that, i apologize again, but the sci-fi tier of Urkel's power... not just the inventions, but the resources, -- the logistics, Laura! I see him so often I don't understand when or how or where he's making any of this, yeah, maybe I feel a little jealous, inadequate, maybe that's why I try to convince myself reading wikipedia is a substitute for learning, for reading, if I jam enough of that in a sentence I can make a cloud for myself, make a framework to drown out the noise of what I won't think-- Laura, what I'm trying to say is -- all of that is a shield, a coping mechanism, and why I wanted to reiterate my unconditional love is because of the thing we never talk about. It's time I acknowledge how I failed to offer this support to Judy, your mother and I both let Judy down. We weren't there for her when we needed to be, she went up the stairs and... we just let her, she never came back down. We never looked until it was too late, she already ceased to exist. You were right, by the way, I pretended I was too drunk to remember, but I heard you, and you were right. We adopted 3J and Richie because of the guilt we felt about Judy, we just weren't ready to acknowledge it. Maybe we still aren't but the time to start is now. I will never let you go like we did to Judy, and the same goes for 3J and Richie. I have no right to lecture you on relationships and I have learning and healing to do, and I hope we can all move towards that as a family, but I respect if you need space or don't want that pressure, I don't want this to just be for the benefit of my own bruised psyche, I seek genuine repentance and desire to do better, and I know I can never be forgiven for letting my own child disappear and then never mention it until the weight of it has caused fractures to crack open into canyons. This degree of emotional labour I'm asking of all of us is unfair too, I didn't plan to unload like this but this is a 90s sitcom Laura, Frasier didn't start airing until a few seasons into our lives, and it's hardly a sensible or fair depiction of psychology or anything or anyone for that matter. Had I therapist they might tell me this self-indulgent solipsist rationalization was a different face of the same coping mechanisms, I'm running from what I won't say what I am going to say what I can't not say now I'm a cop, Laura. I know nobody disappears unless we disappears, oh my god, Judy is gone Laura, she didn't disappear, nobody disappears oh my god why cant i remember oh my god" But more generally speaking, Urkel's greatest crimes are simply those of invention and not utilizing them for Good, in the same way Christ is kind of a rotten bastard when you consider the exponential relationship between degree of power and responsibility (plus given his superpowers he was fully aware of the violence in death soon to be brought in his name, those hurt by malform interpretation and enforcement of his supposed intended message of "good news" as well as lacking the cognitive ability to have easily found exactly the way to have organized his future religion such that it would've maximized utility and Goodness in the world instead). Transformative cloning machine, time machine, teleporter pad -- it's not hard to see infinite uses and opportunities to do good in the world, without having to really sacrifice anything whatsoever for yourself. Carl probably should be the figure guiding Urkel when he invents these things, but he's pretty numb to it all, on top of being a cop, so his training and instincts are not geared towards selflessness or altruism in any way. The latter two are just the extreme accomplishments or science Urkel made in one season, for all I know in prior seasons he found a way to revive the recently dead, or cured cancer, but then only used it for one episode's worth of hijinks, never applying it in an important way, or even just sharing the technology or knowledge with the world. However everyone gives Jesus a pass for not doing enough while he was there, so maybe my standards are too high with regard to the responsibility of the super-powered. In any case, even ignoring Urkel's mistreatment of everyone at times, aside from whatever degree of failure to apply his gifts for Good you hold against him, regardless of just the way he seems to constantly engage in behavior that very often brings discord to the family unit -- he quite often just steals from them, Carl especially. Urkel intentionally uses his seemingly buffoonish demeanor to his advantage, for example, on a "normal" trip to annoy Carl about this or that, Urkel misdirects Carl's attention, manipulating him based on his knowledge and experience meddling with Carl, while, with the nimble and deft hand of a magician or pickpocket, uses some blueprints he is holding to literally steal pancakes off of Carl's plate! Sometimes I wonder why this family puts up with this guy!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
lol

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Family Matters is a form of copaganda and this thread is officially too woke for it.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

*sighs and double-underlines Family Matters in my to-watch list*

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Double-tapped that post so fast

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Go home, Khanstant.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Okay, but what about Stefan Urquelle?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zdp1RfoyI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Okay, but what about Stefan Urquelle?

Addressed in the post.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Anyone who watched Person of Interest might be interested in listening to the latest episode of QanonAnonymous Podcast to find out how batshit insane Jim Caviezel is these days.

Highlights (only 30minutes into it) include:
On set of the Passion of Christ he told the showrunner he 'technically' is Jesus
During PoI he caused the dog to bite him and they had to replace that dog
He got banned from driving any car after he drove through a red light and almost hit 5 pedestrians because 'his character wouldn't of stopped at it'
He got mad when they switched to CGI for gun fights instead of blanks because the crew didn't trust him

https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-143-jim-caviezel-enter-the-cavortex-feat-dave-anthony

Edit: Given the name of the podcast Caviezel is a believer into all the child trafficking's conspiracies and adrenochrome stuff.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 19, 2021

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

He got banned from driving any car after he drove through a red light and almost hit 5 pedestrians because 'his character wouldn't of stopped at it'
:staredog:
Jebus is crazy yo

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Shame he never got the chance to race Prince Philip.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Digital Jedi posted:

Anyone who watched Person of Interest might be interested in listening to the latest episode of QanonAnonymous Podcast to find out how batshit insane Jim Caviezel is these days.

Highlights (only 30minutes into it) include:
On set of the Passion of Christ he told the showrunner he 'technically' is Jesus
During PoI he caused the dog to bite him and they had to replace that dog
He got mad when they switched to CGI for gun fights instead of blanks because the crew didn't trust him

https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-143-jim-caviezel-enter-the-cavortex-feat-dave-anthony

gently caress. Just makes me like him more

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man for him to be that batshit and still be a total bore onscreen is weird. He's the reason I could only ever tough it out for one season. His acting is like watching paint dry.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's a deliberate choice, he loosens up in later seasons. In the first season he's suicidal and detached, and he plays everything with a profoundly flat affect.

Now the degree to which it's a smart move to start off your show having your lead be totally detached and emotionless until he comes out of his shell is, of course, another matter.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mulva posted:

It's a deliberate choice, he loosens up in later seasons. In the first season he's suicidal and detached, and he plays everything with a profoundly flat affect.

Now the degree to which it's a smart move to start off your show having your lead be totally detached and emotionless until he comes out of his shell is, of course, another matter.

I've heard that excuse more times than I can count and it still remains a lovely excuse. Making the lead of your show completely uncompelling on purpose is even dumber than him being a bad actor. And it's not even true. I've seen him in other stuff, he's just bad.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm happy to relay batshit PoI set stories; I have several friends who worked on it. The conditions were nightmarish and 16-18 hour days were not irregular. It was a revolving door of hirings, firings, and resignations because it was the biggest and worst game in town at the time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Digital Jedi posted:

Did Jesus take the wheel?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

I've heard that excuse more times than I can count and it still remains a lovely excuse. Making the lead of your show completely uncompelling on purpose is even dumber than him being a bad actor. And it's not even true. I've seen him in other stuff, he's just bad.

He gets better, but not by that much, and certainly not enough to justify anything near that behavior (nothing would, of course) . That dog was the best part of the show and he made it bite him? Should've fired him and promoted the dog.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

^^^ I liked the show but Caviezel is honestly the hardest sell from that show, the role was just shaped around him instead of the other way around

So that's why Boker left the show?! That dog was the sweetest thing and very professionally trained, wtf

Ignis fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 19, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ignis posted:

^^^ I liked the show but Caviezel is honestly the hardest sell from that show, the role was just shaped around him instead of the other way around

So that's why Boker left the show?! That dog was the sweetest thing and very professionally trained, wtf
I love the show. During it's run it was probably be #1 show on TV. It was soo good.

Yes they say he was told not to yank on the leash and well he did enough so Boker bit him. They didn't let him handle any dogs after that

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

X-O posted:

What excuse? Literally the second thing I said was "Don't know that that was a good move". And he's not a great actor. Doesn't mean he's not playing it flat intentionally in the first season, or that it changes later on. Not a lot, but enough to show it was a choice. They manage to write more into his wheelhouse as the show goes on, but he's unquestionably the weakest character among the regulars.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm giving up on Mythic Quest season 2. I think the writers blew their load on the fantastic COVID episode and the indie romance episode. It's just boring now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm giving up on Mythic Quest season 2. I think the writers blew their load on the fantastic COVID episode and the indie romance episode. It's just boring now.

I really didn’t like the most recent special, but the actual season so far has been pretty drat good I thought

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Holy gently caress, Chad is my life. Or the akward lovely teenager parts I grew out of.

Also it's gotten really good now. They way everyone dances aroundacknowledging that Chad's clearly gay, particularly the way the popular boys are seemingly too scared to actually say it. And the way that Chad's basically repressed being gay, sublimating it with a need for popularity, in the same way he rejects his Farsi heritage because he doesn't want to be tarnished by it?

This show is insanely, if very particularly, good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ok FINE I’ll pick Chad back up

e: lmao that k-pop episode was the worst the character has been yet but it was also the best episode so far

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 19, 2021

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1395020251235078148

Sounds cool, I like Jack Quaid.

E: drat, Paul Mooney died today as well. He was Richard Pryor's writing partner but most of us would recognize him as Negrodamus from Chappelle Show.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 19, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Shouldn't this Wonder Years take place in 2001?

lol at this but it goes to a more serious point. Who the gently caress gives a poo poo about the 60s anymore. Wonder Years worked on adult nostalgia and kid wishfulment and neither is happening when its set that far back.

Unless it isn't happening in the 60s.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'm happy to relay batshit PoI set stories; I have several friends who worked on it. The conditions were nightmarish and 16-18 hour days were not irregular. It was a revolving door of hirings, firings, and resignations because it was the biggest and worst game in town at the time.

Pol almost as bad as Pol Pot

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
myra was cute as hell and urkel was dumber than snot for chasing after someone who v. clearly had no interest for the first umpteen hundred seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shageletic posted:

lol at this but it goes to a more serious point. Who the gently caress gives a poo poo about the 60s anymore. Wonder Years worked on adult nostalgia and kid wishfulment and neither is happening when its set that far back.

Unless it isn't happening in the 60s.

I dunno. I loved Wonder Years as a kid and I had no familiarity at all with the 60s. Its just a setting for a coming of age story. Its also a tumultuous enough setting that's far enough past us that you can work with it without much controversy. I dunno if this is gonna be any good but I don't think it inherently becomes better if you set it in 2000.