Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

divabot posted:

Bifinex, the guys behind Tether, in late 2018 when their payment processors had screwed them over and they were frantically hopping between banks

oh i forgot the best bit, the message that popped up when you put in a deposit request:

Bitfinex posted:

This banking information is being provided to you for purposes of contributing good faith funding to your account on Bitfinex. At all times, you are subject to our Terms of Service.

This banking information is commercially sensitive and confidential. You should be very careful with this information. You are asked to keep this information to yourself and to not share it except with your financial institution.

Divulging this information could damage not just yourself and Bitfinex, but the entire digital token ecosystem. Accordingly, you are cautioned that there may be serious negative effects associated with this information becoming public.

Pursuant to the Terms of Service, Bitfinex is not liable for or responsible for the actions of third parties.

[ ] I agree not to make this information public and that I have read and understood the above.

SNITCHES GET STITCHES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

There are now ten thousand posts on the laffchain, Mods please double the post-limit time on this thread.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

oh hey it's a while since we had one of these

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The banked, unbanked again!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is this good for bitcoin?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

sell your bitcoins elong

Chalks fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 19, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah this isn't a zoomed in scale moment, buttcoin is down 15% and ethereum is down 23% today, the crash might actually be happening

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

lol oops, i chopped off the scale almost entirely - those are days along the bottom, sorry

please elon sell your bits, it will be a killing blow

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

put it in log form

LOG FOOOOOORM

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

also as you might expect the bitcoin reddit is all people screaming not to sell and that anyone selling is a weakling who doesn't deserve to reap the bounty when it inevitably rebounds to over 80k

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Fire up the ol' tether printer and let's get those babies over the 60 billion mark

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

haha crypto go brrrrrrrrr

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Lol which goon made this 6 hour old account

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
BlockFi issued promo rewards in BTC rather than USDCoin, paid at least one person $30M USD worth of Bitcoin lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasgans/2021/05/19/blockfi-mistakenly-deposits-outsized-bitcoin-payments/?sh=77105c241dd3

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I love that they're threatening legal action if people don't return this currency built on its untraceable nature

also the crash is looking legit, ethereum is now at -30% for the day, gonna be hilarious if it's under $2k by the end

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"blockchain will enable us to be free of government shackles!"

~time passes~

"sir/madam government official, please help us retrieve our valuable goods, tia"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

full bore freefall now, this is going to be hilarious

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

njsykora posted:

I love that they're threatening legal action if people don't return this currency built on its untraceable nature

also the crash is looking legit, ethereum is now at -30% for the day, gonna be hilarious if it's under $2k by the end

"I entered my address incorrectly, it's gone" - everyone this happened to

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
oh no it looks like coinbase is mysteriously having some technical issues right now https://www.coinbase.com/

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

njsykora posted:

The price at the beginning of the year (which is the best mark for the price before the most recent round of people who bought in with their stimmies) was around $29k. If it falls below that, those folks will be underwater. We'll get to see how diamond the hands are then.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

njsykora posted:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/ahcastor/status/1394999902401449994?s=21

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You love to see it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

yahoo finance article says this is happening right as gold prices start to go up, so it could be the maximum comedy of all the hedge funds getting out of crypto and back into something real and all the musk diciples realising how tiny they are

also binance have apparently disabled withdrawls and a bunch of other crypto trading sites are down lmao

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kw0134 posted:

"blockchain will enable us to be free of government shackles!"

~time passes~

"sir/madam government official, please help us retrieve our valuable goods, tia"
there are dozens of tweets like this

every

single

exit scam

njsykora posted:

yahoo finance article says this is happening right as gold prices start to go up, so it could be the maximum comedy of all the hedge funds getting out of crypto and back into something real and all the musk diciples realising how tiny they are

also binance have apparently disabled withdrawls and a bunch of other crypto trading sites are down lmao
going to be hilarious when the thing that kills crypto is being able to participate in the real economy / leave one's house

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 19, 2021

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

do it tether

print a trillion dollars

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

njsykora posted:

coinbase is down right now which is where 95% of normie investors trade at, they're watching all their money go up in smoke and can't do anything about it

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/floozyesq/status/1395006669499867140

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The rare case of coiners paying taxes

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chadzok posted:

do it tether

print a trillion dollars

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I'm starting to see some of the crypto-boosters on my Facebook timeline talking about "Flash sale for crypto! Get yours now!!!" Of course, since this is happening on a Tuesday the 19th, it's pretty much the worst possible time for the dumb retail crypto buyer. (Since those who get paid bimonthly don't have much money left over from their paycheck on the 15th, and those who get paid weekly/biweekly don't have much money left over from their paycheck last Friday.)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

I'm starting to see some of the crypto-boosters on my Facebook timeline talking about "Flash sale for crypto! Get yours now!!!" Of course, since this is happening on a Tuesday the 19th, it's pretty much the worst possible time for the dumb retail crypto buyer. (Since those who get paid bimonthly don't have much money left over from their paycheck on the 15th, and those who get paid weekly/biweekly don't have much money left over from their paycheck last Friday.)

Also coinbase is down so they can't even buy lol

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/RiskIndemnity/status/1395009685963649024

who could have forseen any of this??

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ethereum is down 50% in a day jesus

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

it's wednesday...?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

Ethereum is down 50% in a day jesus

Guess they were right that it's about to use 99.95% less energy

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Shumagorath posted:

it's wednesday...?