Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

acksplode posted:

goodness does the gameplay shine when you're under pressure.

Yeah if there’s one thing TLOU2 has over any game Iv’e ever played is somehow landing that balance between scarcity and resources in terms of combat. You rarely ever have enough bullets and you’re always trying to save them so engagements usually start stealth but the game has a way of turning that “oh gently caress I’ve been spotted” moment and follow-up fighting / shooting into its own rewarding and engaging experience.

It’s the one game where I felt loving up stealth worked because that’s where the combat elements really shined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

grassy gnoll posted:

Peace Walker and MGS3 being trapped on PS3 and earlier is a travesty.

They are available on the :xbone: xbox store if you have a Series S/X.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sakurazuka posted:

MGS4 is good

MGS4 is a well-meaning 5/10

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Shammypants posted:

TLOU2 owns and the majority of online complaints about it are extremely cringey.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i've yet to meet someone who disliked TLOU2 that wasn't a chud, so, whatever that means

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Nah

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The only MGS I ever played was MGSV. I wanted to look up some backstory so I'd know what was happening and the first sentence on the wikia for the main character spoiled what was apparently the big twist at the end of the game, which I didn't realize until I finished it. And I still didn't know what was happening!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Edit: actually this was is too much even for my tastes.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 19, 2021

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think TLOU2 is worth a replay right now mainly because of what’s happening in the Gaza Strip, and we should all have more understanding and empathy for those who are living through those traumatic experiences. The later levels in TLOU2 are gruesome, and are practically synonymous with being there.

nah even for you nah just nah

also I have +75% repair efficiency in biome 2 and my PS5 is freezing coming of of rest mode. gently caress.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Sony must know I'm in the market for a PS5, I just received an email with a unique link to order one tomorrow at 3pm EST. Guess I'll give it a shot, unless everyone gets one of these emails at some point and it's actually pretty pointless.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just started downloading Disco Elysium in Australia. :smug: Liberty reiiiiiigns!!!

still can't leave the country under any circumstances

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Virgin Druckmann vs. the Chad Kojima

If Kojima made TLOU2 Abby would be breathing through her skin and Joel would be played by a Danish actor.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I mashed Triangle for ten minutes to get through this post.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

TLOU2 is a technical marvel, a gorgeous looking game with fantastic vocal performances that also wants you to feel like poo poo for playing it
Mu thoughts exactly, and hey, they succeeded and now I think gently caress that game

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The audacity of a studio to create a piece of media that doesn’t involve happy feelings

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

What a bunch of fuckin try hards!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow guys don’t ever watch Come and See or anything if you can’t even handle TLOU2 lmao

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

All the talk of it being a brutal bleak expression of grimness and suffering gets me more hyped than anything to check it out, I hope it’s not actually weak and underwhelming. I want to be grossed out and upset the whole way through.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m replaying some TLOU2 right now and it was honestly such a technical marvel at release that it gains almost nothing from 60fps and higher resolution. The game speaks for itself regardless of graphical output.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

TLOU2 was an exhausting and draining game to play and I loved it for it. I haven't touched it since I beat it and it's not the type of game I want to replay often or frequently, but I think it'll be even better on a revisit after giving it time to marinate and settle. Looking forward to playing through again for the plat at some point, in 60fps. :D

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The Metal Gear Series is a loving masterpiece and you Sony Pony’s should be ashamed of yourselves.

I would play all of them 10 times out of 10 before I would replay either Last of Us.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

Wow guys don’t ever watch Come and See or anything if you can’t even handle TLOU2 lmao

You don’t play Come and See

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never said I couldn’t handle TLOU2 lol. I didn’t even say I don’t like it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty sure I was the only person who said that and I'm like 50% trolling people who think its the greatest story ever told or whatever lol

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
TLOU2 is great, it was kind of mentally exhausting to get through to the end i'll admit. It kind of brings to light that infected humans aren't really the villains. Hell really is other people.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It’s a decent story, for a video game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah you mean people are the real monsters? :monocle:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope they do a new ip and save part 3 for the end of the gen like the last 2 games.
gently caress uncharted im tired of that too after 6+ games

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
If Covid taught is anything, humans really do suck IRL and in video games.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

The only MGS I ever played was MGSV. I wanted to look up some backstory so I'd know what was happening and the first sentence on the wikia for the main character spoiled what was apparently the big twist at the end of the game, which I didn't realize until I finished it. And I still didn't know what was happening!

Oh crap, I didn't mean to post this from my parachute account. This was me, everyone.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just started downloading Disco Elysium in Australia. :smug: Liberty reiiiiiigns!!!

still can't leave the country under any circumstances

I can’t believe the ban was lifted like two days after I bought it through the us shop.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Akuma posted:

This still isn't really PS5, it's just boost mode. It's PS4 Pro+.

Oh yeah, absolutely, but they’re basically saying they just dipped their toes into it. Believe me, as the guy who will tell anyone who will listen that GamesRadar is completely full of poo poo for saying TLoU2 got haptics added for PS5, I know. :v:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Colonel Whitey posted:

It’s a decent story, for a video game

What video games do you think have better stories than TLoU 1 & 2

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Bust Rodd posted:

Disco elysium

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Binary domain

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Nier Replicant and Automata

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Pokemon Yellow

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Imhotep posted:

Disco elysium

I've had this sitting on my PS5 since launch and haven't even botted it up because i want to wait until I have like a fresh ounce of chro0nic and 2-3 days to kill.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nier Replicant and Automata

Was gonna say this but I knew bust rodd would scoff, but it really is a better story.

Also bust rodd what made u pick the lg nanocell for your gaming tv? Genuinely curious, I’m about to buy a 4K tv, but I also don’t want to spend like 1200

Bust Rodd posted:

I've had this sitting on my PS5 since launch and haven't even botted it up because i want to wait until I have like a fresh ounce of chro0nic and 2-3 days to kill.

This is smart, and electrochemistry approved

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Bust Rodd posted:

13 sentinels
Bugsnax
Kentucky route zero
Idk probably like hundreds of other indie games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Earthbound