Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is there any way to mod the pop auto-migrate system to also include robots? All my planets end up having like 10 unemployed robots, so I manually move them off the planet. But that makes the ratio of organic to synthetic pops lower, so my dedicated mining planets end up only having a tiny percentage of mine-bots because the meat pop keep breeding and taking all the jobs seemingly pushing the robots out of work, even though the robots have better mining bonuses.

I wish there was a way to play an empire that just had a small ruling elite of bio-pops but all worker class jobs were open only to robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Baronjutter posted:

Is there any way to mod the pop auto-migrate system to also include robots?

Goon mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2468910960

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
One of the beta patches said that it allows enslaved synths to migrate if there's a slave processing facility on the planet. Does this mean I'm out of luck if I'm not an authoritarian/xenophobe?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Well this is one way to do late-game pop growth.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Warmachine posted:

Just a bunch of ubers queued up outside ready to take everyone home! Work starts early tomorrow and all 6 billion of you have been out late drinking >.<

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Actually question about Nihilistic acquisition: do you get any culture shock penalty?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Bug report: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...robots.1360823/

ShadowHawk fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 19, 2021

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Lawman 0 posted:

Actually question about Nihilistic acquisition: do you get any culture shock penalty?

Nope!

But I don’t think where they end up takes into account habitability preferences? But I’ve also *mostly* stopped micro-ing my pops and it hasn’t mattered, so I think the real lesson here is that all aliens want to live in your empire and you should let them.

Gato The Elder fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 19, 2021

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I know this might be too much to ask or just expected micro, but auto-migrating my void dweller pops off to a relic world, when there are non-habbers who would have a much better time, is a bit annoying. Especially when I have both kinds unemployed, after some careful microing, and it shoves the regulars to a habitat. Just send them right! I think automigration takes habitability into account, but since void dwellers are magically given a negative trait after moving, maybe it misses out on that. I never saw any move to worlds with regular habitability at least.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Warmachine posted:

This is what I did when my ally had the claim on the system, and I didn't even know it could happen but we zeroed the colony, it went uninhabited. Then I cracked the moon.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

A Carly Rae Jihad posted:

Nope!

But I don’t think where they end up takes into account habitability preferences? But I’ve also *mostly* stopped micro-ing my pops and it hasn’t mattered, so I think the real lesson here is that all aliens want to live in your empire and you should let them.

It does.

You'll notice if you have an Ecu or Gaia World, or even just Habitat's.

A lot more pops will be dumped on those.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Phosphine posted:

I know this might be too much to ask or just expected micro, but auto-migrating my void dweller pops off to a relic world, when there are non-habbers who would have a much better time, is a bit annoying. Especially when I have both kinds unemployed, after some careful microing, and it shoves the regulars to a habitat. Just send them right! I think automigration takes habitability into account, but since void dwellers are magically given a negative trait after moving, maybe it misses out on that. I never saw any move to worlds with regular habitability at least.

If it takes habitability it's either new in a recent beta or it's not a strong block, as I had a lot of 20% hab dudes moving to my capital for job during the first beta. Although void dwellers habitability really needs to be accounted for too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

For its upkeep cost I really wish the Transit Hub did something more than just increase the chance of a pop migrating. Like... a transit hub sounds like something that would improve commerce or something, too.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I'm not sure it's habitability itself determining it, it could be something as simple as "prefer migrating to a planet which has the same species already", but when I didn't have void dwellers but regular dudes, my planets of different biomes seemed to stay filled with appropriate species, as long as both my growing and my breeding planets had all types in them.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

I don't even think they get the recently conquered penalty.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Nope. The nihilistic is apparently referring to the acquired pops, as they simply do not give a poo poo about being dragged violently across the galaxy and put to work in the mines, as long as they aren't slaves and generally the same political views as their abductors.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

A Carly Rae Jihad posted:

Nope!

Honestly, my original plan was to use this with Synth ascension and set every other species to assimilate. Ultimately I ended up installing a mod that loosened restrictions on the ascension paths so I could do gene modded psychic cyborgs, but yeah the original plan was to just get to a comfortable size, ascend, and periodically raid my neighbors for pops to stuff into robots. :awesomelon:

Now I just need to figure out a way to tell my assistant to tell all the empires that want to leech research points from me that I'm not available at the moment. When it wasn't full of NA alerts, it was requests for NAPs, Federation joins, Research Agreements... literal constant stream of "Incoming message..."

edit:

:(

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 19, 2021

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

At this point, you know what you must do. The galaxy will burn for what it did to poor Bubbles!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

At this point, you know what you must do. The galaxy will burn for what it did to poor Bubbles!

The culprits have been subjected to an extended campaign of kidnapping and orbital bombardment.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Spin up the Aetherophasic Engine, we will see Bubbles again!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Phosphine posted:

Nope. The nihilistic is apparently referring to the acquired pops, as they simply do not give a poo poo about being dragged violently across the galaxy and put to work in the mines, as long as they aren't slaves and generally the same political views as their abductors.

Usually I'm enslaving any pops that I "acquire" though

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Phosphine posted:

your "abduction fleets" just set up a website for expedited immigration applications and happened to get billions of interested people

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Ahem, "Liberation fleets". The Titan Harriet Tubman has spirited countless enslaved Xenos to a better life of Utopian Abundance.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So uh, what do you guys do with your influence when you hit max? I'm 2279 and I have already activated two Edicts, claimed all the space that I want to take from my neighbors, and I'm not sure what to do with it...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Claim more space.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

So uh, what do you guys do with your influence when you hit max? I'm 2279 and I have already activated two Edicts, claimed all the space that I want to take from my neighbors, and I'm not sure what to do with it...

Open more branch offices!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Reform your government for amusing shenanigans, flipping ethics backwards and forth for minor gain.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
repress bad political factions. that takes a lot of influence.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
spam habitats until you slowly die from colony management

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Build Megastructures and Ecumenopoleis

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
If you're capped on influence, you don't have enough gateways. :colbert:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

isndl posted:

If you're capped on influence, you don't have enough gateways. :colbert:

Not emptyquoting. My empire has a policy: A gateway in every sector.

At minimum.

edit:

Wrong neighborhood mate.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 20, 2021

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Servetus posted:

Spin up the Aetherophasic Engine, we will see Bubbles again!

This. Bubbles dies, that's when you hit the Become the Crisis button.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

You need influence for megastructures, including habitats and gateways. Are there any additional habs or gates you could build? Is there a big megastructure you want to start?

If you have an Ascension Perk to spare, there are a couple perks that are Influence dumps. Arcology Project (to make Ecumenopolis planets) is very strong. If you don't have the MegaCorps DLC or you're playing a gestalt, then Mastery of Nature is mediocre but does let you get value from excess Influence.

Are your Edicts all applying to your current playstyle? Are you at your Edict cap? (You can also go over your Edict cap if you have really excessive Administrative Capacity.) There are also a few old-style timed Edicts that you can unlock from events. If you have any of those, might as well use them.

Check your government type. If you're on Oligarchy, then you might want to switch, since additional Influence is its main benefit (assuming you don't have any civics that rely on it.) Likewise, check your civics to make sure they're all currently relevant to your playstyle. There might be something you have that's less useful than a generically-good civic like Functional Architecture, Meritocracy, Aristocratic Elite, Police State, or Memorialists.

Do you have any factions you care about? Boosting or suppressing factions both come with a monthly Influence cost. Alternately, you can embrace a faction if you want to change up your civ's Ethics.

Do you have Federations or Nemesis? Proposing laws on the Galactic Senate is an option. Adding new sanctions when someone you dislike is in violation of Galactic Law is a generically good choice.

You can always just make more claims. The only disadvantage to them is that they annoy whoever's space you're claiming. You can also strengthen your claims, if an ally has competing claims.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

It just gets gloriously excessive by about 2300 as Trade Guy. This ecu isn't even focused on making trade, just a capital casually ending up with 1000+ trade as a byproduct. I just dump all the slaves I buy into these places. Have one that is just forges besides the cap.

Been wandering around subjugating neighbors to get them into my federation one way or the other for the last ~40 years so I can try to sink my influence, still end up capped a lot of the time. Have 28 branch offices netting ~2k trade and +140%ish diplomatic weight by way of corporate embassies.

Unity is high enough to sustain 5 ascension edicts or so without repeatables to boost duration. Finished unity tree at a rate comparable to a spiritualist.

I got brain slug event so I did bio ascension so that I could stick those on my researchers stacked with erudite. If I could go back I would go fanatic xenophile, with egalitarian instead of materialist so I could run utopian abundance. I sell more than my pop count in consumer goods each month so I could easily run abundance, and if you run it then your pops generate yet more trade passively.

The ball is rough to get rolling but the snowball is real after you federate.

Normally I feel weaker as a good guy archetype but this actually worked well enough that I didn't feel like I was weakening myself by not having some flavor of bad guy. Everyone is friends with you, or else, and your economy is so enormous along with a strong tech game that by mid-late the advantage is significant enough to easily overcome the purifier/militarist boosts.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 20, 2021

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

QuarkJets posted:

Usually I'm enslaving any pops that I "acquire" though

Yeah I mean that's probably the default, and then they're a bit miffed, but only about the "being a slave" part, not the kidnapping.

I think it might make sense to have a debuff of sorts, but there aren't really any debuffs that are applied to individual pops, right? Only to planets or by manipulating ethics.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Warmachine posted:

The culprits have been subjected to an extended campaign of kidnapping and orbital bombardment.

Colossus-bubble every single one of their worlds, then every other habitable world in the galaxy with your homeworld being the last.

Clearly we all need a time-out

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/dev-team-3-0-3-patch-released-checksum-d281.1474697/page-3#post-27541838
3.0.3 is live with a few extra bits added. "This will most likely be the last patch we release for 3.0", whatever that means.

New from the beta:
code:
* Fixed case where AI logic was countering itself. This also solves the single largest AI performance drain

* Slightly reduced the performance burden of the auto-migration system.
* Fixed crash on sector colony development update.

* Corrected opinion text placement in the Declare War view.
* The Manifesti faction should no longer reform after it has disbanded, either through suppression or lack of popularity.
* Fixed the Research Institute building not properly converting to Planetary Supercomputer when conquered by Gestalt empires, and vice versa.
* Fixed auto-resettlement for Void Dweller habitats and certain other planets (needs a new save, though).
* Fixed an issue where Branch Office value tooltips could be displayed based on the wrong Branch Office owner.
* Branch Office value generated from Criminal jobs for Criminal Syndicates is now properly shown in the tooltip for Branch Office value.
* Fix for planetary designation icons being offset.
Really really curious about that first one.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 20, 2021

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Splicer posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/dev-team-3-0-3-patch-released-checksum-d281.1474697/page-3#post-27541838
3.0.3 is live with a few extra bits added. "This will most likely be the last patch we release for 3.0", whatever that means.

New from the beta:
code:
* Fixed case where AI logic was countering itself. This also solves the single largest AI performance drain

* Slightly reduced the performance burden of the auto-migration system.
* Fixed crash on sector colony development update.

* Corrected opinion text placement in the Declare War view.
* The Manifesti faction should no longer reform after it has disbanded, either through suppression or lack of popularity.
* Fixed the Research Institute building not properly converting to Planetary Supercomputer when conquered by Gestalt empires, and vice versa.
* Fixed auto-resettlement for Void Dweller habitats and certain other planets (needs a new save, though).
* Fixed an issue where Branch Office value tooltips could be displayed based on the wrong Branch Office owner.
* Branch Office value generated from Criminal jobs for Criminal Syndicates is now properly shown in the tooltip for Branch Office value.
* Fix for planetary designation icons being offset.
Really really curious about that first one.

sigh, that's what, one real AI change since the latest beta? and it's just some mysterious fix

gonna be super disappointed if they didn't take any action on the several pages of feedback about how the economic AI is still horribly busted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I will remind you that we do not have infinite manpower nor infinite time for this hotfix. AI work will continue in future updates.