Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Aidan_702 posted:

I know this is a forum on the internet and so barely exists, and there's no real details but honestly please don't post even a single thing about it until it's done for your own sake.

Lol I brainfarted and thought you were on the jury

It's nothing that hasn't been live tweeted by the local paper so I'm ok. I'm just salty because I dyed my eyebrows in preparation and now my amazing eyebrows are going to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

I keep getting an occasional stabbing headache on the right side of my head that paracetamol can’t seem to touch since Monday, making me scrunch up my face like a pug. My wife makes fun of me for it (rightly so) and said I should call the gp instead of trying to grin and bear it (and failings because I am a big wuss).

Just sent a message through the gp’s website to get an appointment or a call back or something.

Now I feel very poorly and sorry for myself. It’s definitely a massive tumor or something

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If it helps I thought I had cancer just now because I found a lump in my neck and kept pressing it till it hurt but now I think it's a bit of tendon which sticks out more on one side and I'm a idiot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Twat it wi' Bible.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goatface posted:

Wattle and daub was good enough for... whoever was around when they were peak doing that, it's good enough for you.

I used to live in one of those - 16th century barn. 7 year old me loved the mice in the walls, mum rather less so.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Epic games had my country wrong, which meant it wouldn't accept my credit card so I could only have the free games. You can't change the setting yourself, you have to contact support.

Which I've done several times over the last 4 months. They just ignored me.

Last night I contacted again after a drink, informing them my lawyers had advised me to raise a complaint of racial harassment with my local authorities.

This morning they've just fixed it Lol. I guess that's bad that I undermined someonelse's actual real struggles but at least I can buy computer games now.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i am contemplating a brief tactical move to Bolton to get my vax earlier

My folks are from Bolton, maybe I can get a legacy passport. It didn't work for Ireland but I have a stronger case here.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Don't mow your lawns in May, the bees need them!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I need not to be given a warning from the council for having a scruffy lawn more than the bees do though.

Also I live in the countryside

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I soon will have a tiny back garden. Does anyone have any top tips on making it slightly nicer to the enviorment? I was thinking of getting a bird bath and feeder, no room for a pond sadly, and maybe some wooden planters for some bee friendly flowers.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bug house or even a old pile of rotting wood massively increases biodiversity in a garden.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

big handful of kudzu

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cat traps.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Bug house or even a old pile of rotting wood massively increases biodiversity in a garden.

That's a good idea. I like bugs

goatface posted:

Cat traps.

Maybe I could somehow combine that with the bug house?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Caltrops

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Hot tub and trampoline

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

hemale in pain posted:

I soon will have a tiny back garden. Does anyone have any top tips on making it slightly nicer to the enviorment? I was thinking of getting a bird bath and feeder, no room for a pond sadly, and maybe some wooden planters for some bee friendly flowers.

Post in the garden thread, but is your garden paved, turfed or what?

Just buying some wildflower seed mix would be a good start if you have some areas you don't want to maintain much.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

wooger posted:

Post in the garden thread, but is your garden paved, turfed or what?

Just buying some wildflower seed mix would be a good start if you have some areas you don't want to maintain much.

just a square of grass.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

squirrel agility course

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

just a square of grass.

Yeah, if it's yours to mess about with then wildflower the hell out of the grass and don't cut it except maybe areas you want to use for chairs or whatever. Bug hotels, hideyholes for hedgehogs, piles of wood are good for biodiversity. Butterfly and bird feeders away from where cats can get to them. If you're limited to planters then get densely flowering, low maintenance plants like sedum, oregano or lavender for butterflies, or foxgloves and honeysuckle for bees. Steer clear of showy fancy flowers, that poo poo's for us to look at and not so much for actual wild animals.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

graze a goat

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
when the bugs start paying my loving mortgage they can have the grass as long as they like

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The police helicopter's been hovering around my house for like 15 minutes.

You'd think they'd be staying on the ground in this weather.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

How warm is your attic?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pistol_Pete posted:

Could be a chase, some one is hiding around your bins.
Had this happen, fuckers shined a spotlight on our house while the filth looked around. Ended up the perp was hiding in a coalshed 6 doors up.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

cynic posted:

Yeah, if it's yours to mess about with then wildflower the hell out of the grass and don't cut it except maybe areas you want to use for chairs or whatever. Bug hotels, hideyholes for hedgehogs, piles of wood are good for biodiversity. Butterfly and bird feeders away from where cats can get to them. If you're limited to planters then get densely flowering, low maintenance plants like sedum, oregano or lavender for butterflies, or foxgloves and honeysuckle for bees. Steer clear of showy fancy flowers, that poo poo's for us to look at and not so much for actual wild animals.

Yeah Lavender is a must, bees love it too and it smells soooooo good. I miss having a garden 😭

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Shone?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Shane.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I got this lavender mist you can spray on your pillow and it's supposed to help you sleep good. It's not very effective in that department but it sure does smell nice.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i want more lawn in my garden

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Heresy in the patios thread

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Shauuuuuuun

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

don't bother with lawns, the cats just poo poo on it

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I made lavender cake once during an experimental baking phase. It was OK, but some people were a bit doubtful. Those same people eat mint and lemon flavoured foods despite their association with cleaning products, but apparently lavendar is a step too far.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I kind of want to put you right. But that's a good argument I think

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I guess people ate mint and lemon first. Then they got borrowed for cleaning. Whereas lavender... Isn't really eaten?

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I guess people ate mint and lemon first. Then they got borrowed for cleaning. Whereas lavender... Isn't really eaten?

It used to be more common, not necessarily as the primary flavour, but as a herb in small quantities.

Edit: Camrath, lavender flavoured fudge please. We need to bring it back as a flavour.

Lady Demelza fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 20, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lavendar makes me think of potpourri and old ladies and i dont want to eat either of those

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Lavender is really good on roast chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I have lavender herbal tea I drink when it's late and I want tea (like now).

It's nice but it does feel like a bit much if I steep it too long.