Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Woah, good call. I’ve been watching for a sale on those toilets and I bought two, figuring Kohler would be good since they’re a brand name and all, but the reviews on Amazon are terrible, all of them say it doesn’t flush well. They’re unopened so I guess they’re going back.

I guess I’ll get an American Standard then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I've gotta say, installing an American Standard toilet feels a little disrespectful. Shouldn't it be named the Confederate Memorial or something brand?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I wish I had my offices bathroom at home.

- perfectly clean every day
- nice cold ac in the summer
- super jet flush action will flush anything with ease
- motion activated sink + towels

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I wish I had my offices bathroom at home.

- perfectly clean every day
- nice cold ac in the summer
- super jet flush action will flush anything with ease
- motion activated sink + towels

No bidet though so it’s a net negative.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

poisonpill posted:

I've gotta say, installing an American Standard toilet feels a little disrespectful. Shouldn't it be named the Confederate Memorial or something brand?

Before they merged, American was from Detroit and Standard was from KY, so you’re making GBS threads for the Union on one of those.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

The one important thing to keep in mind about the vormax line is that for whatever reason, they only sell one design at Lowe’s and a different single design at Home Depot, so if you don’t like the design at blue/orange hardware store, check the orange/blue hardware store

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nooner posted:

I'm sure those are very nice toilets, but if it can't flush a chest freezer don't even bother talking to me

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You can’t flush a chest freezer just leave it in your backyard and it will become a raccoon habitat

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Thanks for the input guys, gonna pass on those Kohlers. I have a nine year old that routinely shits out pop can sizes and need something that can hang.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

TraderStav posted:

Thanks for the input guys, gonna pass on those Kohlers. I have a nine year old that routinely shits out pop can sizes and need something that can hang.

Just want to let you know you're not alone. I don't know how he does it, but my 9 year old son clogs our terrible builders grade toilet every single time he takes a poo poo. Replacing the toilets in our house would be a big quality of life improvement.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah same with our kids, what is it with them.

Sometimes gotta bust out the disposable chopsticks to bust it up. Parenthood rules.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just saw this article about Costco "influencers" and groaned. I'm catching up on this thread from years back still but didn't see a link in the last few pages:

https://jezebel.com/the-uncanny-fluorescent-world-of-the-costco-influencer-1846775539

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Are we allowed to own at home urinals yet?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

Are we allowed to own at home urinals yet?

You’ve always been allowed.

When I was looking to buy a house years ago someone had installed it in the bathroom off the back yard.

They had lots of parties.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

priznat posted:

Sometimes gotta bust out the disposable chopsticks to bust it up. Parenthood rules.

Wow oh my God this is gross and I never knew this

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco bathrooms have the correct type of urinals. The ones that go all the way to the ground. Always a nice piss when I'm there.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

priznat posted:

I think this is what a poop knife is for.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

I think this is what a poop knife is for.

Chopsticks you just toss em after use so I think that is preferable :haw:

If that vortex toilet can rend one of these monster turds asunder it is some kind of magic!

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

priznat posted:

Chopsticks you just toss em after use so I think that is preferable :haw:

If that vortex toilet can rend one of these monster turds asunder it is some kind of magic!

As far as purely poo-related clogs, we have not had any not be rendered asunder.

Overuse of paper products is still a weak point in all non-flushometer powered toilets.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Made a "90 day anniversary at the new job so time to spend some money" run to the 'Co yesterday. 99.99% customer mask usage (one dicknose). Two members of staff without masks: a cashier and a lady whose entire presence said "I'm on break."

Got some new headlamps for camping, an inflatable SUP for the kid, and the wifi-enabled air purifier that this thread assures me can detect farts. Oh, and Aiden's Organic Root Beer Float ice cream bars. They're incredibly soft/aerated; like licking a root beer flavored cloud. Wonderful.

Deli is under construction, so no communion.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

zombietools.net makes a quality poop knife. Extra long handle to keep your hand out of the poop water. Slight back curve on the blade to get down into the drain.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

$325 poop knife vs free with takeout chopsticks!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Just eat terrible fried food with no fiber. Boom never clog toilets again.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shwqa posted:

Just eat terrible fried food with no fiber. Boom never clog toilets again.

Speaking of, I'm goin to a friend's house next weekend for a small get together. Any particulary good dessert/snack/die early Costco food items I should be on the look out for that I can bring? Gluten free would be nice, but not mandatory.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Speaking of, I'm goin to a friend's house next weekend for a small get together. Any particulary good dessert/snack/die early Costco food items I should be on the look out for that I can bring? Gluten free would be nice, but not mandatory.

The toasted coconut clusters are nice

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Don’t know it’s seasonal but the Costco Pecan pie is awesome, otherwise they usually have that big tiramisu cake that should be a crowd pleaser

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I've given this a lot of thought recently: the church rotisserie chicken is, and I don't say this lightly, the best price/value/taste combination in the world and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

You can get nicer food and you can get cheaper food and you can get MORE food but never, ever all 3 of those in the same fantastic ratio of price/value/taste.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

I've given this a lot of thought recently: the church rotisserie chicken is, and I don't say this lightly, the best price/value/taste combination in the world and I will fight anyone who disagrees

I'll take that fight.

The smart and final version is as good and easier to get since you don't have to go to Costco to get it lol

I'll get one a week and its just as good IMO.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I'll take that fight.

The smart and final version is as good and easier to get since you don't have to go to Costco to get it lol

Is it as big and is it 5bux?

edit: And I didn't know Smart & Finals had hot food. My certainly doesn't. They are mostly depressing sub-Costcos.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 21, 2021

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ah well I have to admit that we don't have one of those less than an hour away. It's the same price? If so, I might have to check this place out.

Our Costco is rarely crowded and parking is good, and fast with self checkout, but I have to be honest that the way they force you to interact with a person in the self checkout is wack and takes a point off the convenience factor for sure vs. a more traditional supermarket with a self checkout.

e: I did some sleuthing and it is apparently $7, I dunno that's a significant premium

https://www.smartandfinal.com/shop/product/first-street-oven-roasted-jumbo-chicken/604570

though it is the same stated pounds of the Costco chicken (3lbs)

Taima fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 21, 2021

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I'll take that fight.

Self checkout for buying 1 or 2 things at a time at Costco is the way to go. For years I'd just grab a case of beer and be in and out in 3 minutes.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

drat you've had self checkout for years? You must be like, Socal or PNW

I'm coastal central CA and we just got ours feels like yesterday. No more than a year ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Is it as big and is it 5bux?

edit: And I didn't know Smart & Finals had hot food. My certainly doesn't. They are mostly depressing sub-Costcos.

Afaik its the same size and its 6.99 so roughly the same price.

FWIW not all Smart and Finals are nice they have newer ones that are like regular stores but also have bulk items.

binge crotching posted:

Self checkout for buying 1 or 2 things at a time at Costco is the way to go. For years I'd just grab a case of beer and be in and out in 3 minutes.

Also wtf! My Socal one doesn't have this.

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011

Taima posted:

drat you've had self checkout for years? You must be like, Socal or PNW

I'm coastal central CA and we just got ours feels like yesterday. No more than a year ago.

PNW just got self checkout like a year ago, except maybe the ur Costco on the Eastside.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
none of the Costco I went to in SFV had self checkout but they did have the employees come through with scan guns to get everything while you were in line so they just instantly rung you up at the checkout

Im up in the redneck part of NorCal now and church here has self checkout but not sure how long ago they got it

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cascadia Pirate posted:

PNW just got self checkout like a year ago, except maybe the ur Costco on the Eastside.

It's been longer than that in Sodo, but yeah also Issaquah has had it on and off for a decade now.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Taima posted:

I've given this a lot of thought recently: the church rotisserie chicken is, and I don't say this lightly, the best price/value/taste combination in the world and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

You can get nicer food and you can get cheaper food and you can get MORE food but never, ever all 3 of those in the same fantastic ratio of price/value/taste.

I have a confession: I have never purchased the rotisserie chicken because they smell absolutely vile to me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

I have a confession: I have never purchased the rotisserie chicken because they smell absolutely vile to me.

You should see a doctor about that disorder.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Lazyhound posted:

You smell absolutely vile to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
When I went 2 days ago I noticed the self checkout for the first time. They must be pretty new.