Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hiddenriverninja posted:

dear lord let me favorite shaders or organize them in any literal way at all.

Also the customization screen is good to design looks, but why can't I set and forget a 'look like this always except when wearing an exotic' layer

Wish we could favorite some and just have them populate at the start of the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
I wish someone thought further than "yeah just put all shaders in a random order across 10 pages"

also getting 1308 drops from IB bounties is cool i guess.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Is the IB token bug fixed yet?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Junkenstein posted:

Oh.

Is that on PC?

Its even better with a controller, thanks to autoaim.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Majere posted:

I wish someone thought further than "yeah just put all shaders in a random order across 10 pages"

I think it's most recent to least. My most recently acquired shaders are at the front

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Is the IB token bug fixed yet?

https://twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1395225274170544129

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Feels like Witherhoard's autoaim's had a big nerf though. Probably a good thing, although it's always disappointing to see the glob consistently go sailing straight through a big enemy's legs or past its side instead of locking on like a homing missile.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
What is a good shotgun for grinding the IB quest? I have some exotics but am rather terrible with shotguns in general.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Ataxerxes posted:

What is a good shotgun for grinding the IB quest? I have some exotics but am rather terrible with shotguns in general.

I did mine with a Seventh Seraph CQC with Slideshot. Felwinter's of course still works, just not quite as well as last season. The IB shotgun if you got a decent one. Astral maybe?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just read the Shattered Cipher lore and now am sad. :smith:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d...20T13%3A04%3A12

Mara Junot revealed as the new VA for Ikora. Thankfully it wasn't the same one as the Exo/Elsie which people had theorized because she's white and it would be just another reason for everyone to get mad at Bungie

The purge of celeb VAs from D2 continues, though I don't think Lance Reddick is ever gonna leave unless they kill him off

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 20, 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Coming to an eververse near you: celeb voice packages.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I would replay the Forsaken campaign if Ice Cube voiced my ghost and encouraged me to merc them foos who put the gat to my homeboy, rather than give me a morality lesson.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Roman posted:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d...20T13%3A04%3A12

Mara Junot revealed as the new VA for Ikora. Thankfully it wasn't the same one as the Exo/Elsie which people had theorized because she's white and it would be just another reason for everyone to get mad at Bungie

The purge of celeb VAs from D2 continues, though I don't think Lance Reddick is ever gonna leave unless they kill him off

Hiring the entire cast of Firefly for D1 because of Activision money was such a bad idea

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Eej posted:

Hiring the entire cast of Firefly for D1 because of Activision money was such a bad idea

Don't forget Dinklebot was in this Game of Throne Worlds

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

this line takes a day off my life every time i hear it

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

PERMACAV 50 posted:

this line takes a day off my life every time i hear it

Every time I hear "Destiny 1 had better writing than 2" (usually with someone pointing at Cayde as an example) I just think of the D1 strikes' Ghost dialogue and laugh.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

SkyeAuroline posted:

Every time I hear "Destiny 1 had better writing than 2" (usually with someone pointing at Cayde as an example) I just think of the D1 strikes' Ghost dialogue and laugh.
there weren't even really "characters" until Taken King, other than Ghost, queen and uldren. Zavala/Ikora/Cayde were just quest ATMs

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

SkyeAuroline posted:

Be careful, it's power is dark.

I'd take dinklebot over nolanbot any day though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
As much as people liked Oryx he barely spoke in-game, he had a few scary ominous lines but he just did the standard Hive roaring and howling when in combat, Ghaul had more precense and he spent most of his time arguing with the Speaker.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Roman posted:

there weren't even really "characters" until Taken King, other than Ghost, queen and uldren. Zavala/Ikora/Cayde were just quest ATMs

My dim recollection of D1, having played through the main campaign, was that Cayde was the only character with any personality at all.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Judge Tesla posted:

As much as people liked Oryx he barely spoke in-game, he had a few scary ominous lines but he just did the standard Hive roaring and howling when in combat, Ghaul had more precense and he spent most of his time arguing with the Speaker.

yeah people like oryx because of the books of sorrow

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Judge Tesla posted:

Fair, but 'LIGHT! GIVE YOUR WILL TO ME!!' was a hell of a line after that entire mission preamble.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Per this week's Twab, a crossplay beta strike Playlist will be up may 25-27.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm going to play strikes with you and I'm going to throw you the ball

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

no premade fireteams in the playlist tho, purely random mm for testing

you get an emblem if you play 3 strikes in it

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I will be too busy uncontrollably weeping in joy to actually use it in time. I am apologizing in advance. Please forgive me.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

North misses the original pause here between "more Fallen ... and Hive" and it bothers hell out of me

I liked Dinklebot because his voice just worked a lot better as some weird little floating magic paracausal robot

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

hiddenriverninja posted:

Per this week's Twab, a crossplay beta strike Playlist will be up may 25-27.

Roman posted:

no premade fireteams in the playlist tho, purely random mm for testing

you get an emblem if you play 3 strikes in it

And what an emblem it is!

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1395486906297761792?s=20

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
Sigh. I do wish we could do without the quest steps that need heavy ammo in PvP. It is unfun.

Thank God it's only three kills

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bungie is never going to learn not to do that one. Nothing worse than fighting your own teammates for heavy ammo.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
Heavy ammo is shared, you're only fighting the other team for it. Which you should be doing anyway!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Turra posted:

Heavy ammo is shared, you're only fighting the other team for it. Which you should be doing anyway!

Use Heir Apparent, collect shader

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think I get 3-4 kills with Heir every time I get ammo. It’s so good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

There's a timer that pops up before it spawns and you get about 7 seconds after someone picks up the box to get it as wellqq, so if you're out of position you're sol

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

hiddenriverninja posted:

There's a timer that pops up before it spawns and you get about 7 seconds after someone picks up the box to get it as wellqq, so if you're out of position you're sol

I'm used to leaping around with Bad Omens in crucible - I love that thing. Heir Apparent was a v good idea. Got two. One to go and I'm not gonna sweat it, just let it happen as part of normal play. Must remember to let it be fun and not be a grumpy goof.

:blastu:

I am very embarrassed to admit I had no idea the ammo was shared and would always scoot away when I saw someone picking it up. So that will make things easier. Whenever I'd been there at the same time as someone else and hit the button it would go round and I'd not get anything, so I just assumed they beat me to it. Will press button again. :sparkles:

Ahaha - none of the people I play with knew this either. Shared dumb.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

ClydeFrog posted:

I am very embarrassed to admit I had no idea the ammo was shared and would always scoot away when I saw someone picking it up.

It's shared in some modes (control, IB) but not in others (e.g. elimination), and the sharing was changed in the game at some point in the past, so you might have "learned" the wrong expectation before.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I may be wrong on this but I could swear if you’re the second one to grab it off the wall, it doesn’t complete the “pick up heavy ammo” bounty even though you do get ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I wasn’t even talking about sharing ammo. I’m talking about the pubbies who just rush in without looking and give the enemy team free kills because they gotta have that heavy ammo. People aren’t cautious enough when these heavy ammo quests pop up.