Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you have the original box then you should also have the giant styrofoam pieces. Once you get those on and slide it into the box it's gonna be pretty impossible to bend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I sometimes look at cheap condos to buy and one listing includes a free 75" Samsung TV with a stand and a sound bar. Guess the previous resident couldn't be bothered to get it moved.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

No I'll definitely have a second person help me, I'm not insane, just trying to figure out how to get it past six flights of stairs and a short ride in a uhaul, twice, without bending it. I am really ocd about bending this thing. It's a $2k tv after all.

I'd definitely rebox it then. Back in the day you could lie them face down on a mattress/set of blankets, but drat they're just stupid thin these days, and at least we know they're designed to survive being shipped standing up in the original packaging.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I guess i'll give it a shot. The main thing I'm worried about is getting the feet off of the thing. When I put it together I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to take them off, like they click in and that's it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I sometimes look at cheap condos to buy and one listing includes a free 75" Samsung TV with a stand and a sound bar. Guess the previous resident couldn't be bothered to get it moved.
We yeah, they're cheap enough to be a line item on the moving expenses. I think I got a 65" Samsung by collecting a few box tops from Kix and Cheerios.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No I'll definitely have a second person help me, I'm not insane, just trying to figure out how to get it past six flights of stairs and a short ride in a uhaul, twice, without bending it. I am really ocd about bending this thing. It's a $2k tv after all.

Uhaul sells boxes specifically for TVs. Best bet would be to get one.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Number_6 posted:

I swear to god, it would be so much easier if all this audio poo poo went back to analog L/R RCA stereo jacks. If I was in charge it would be an absolute loving law that every AV device still would have those.

Stereo works great over ARC, it's all y'all who've decided you need 9 cheap speakers instead of 2 good ones who are complicating it.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Definitely keep all the foam pieces and the box for your TV. Keep the instructions in there on how to take it out and then do that in reverse.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Uhaul also sells a kit for like 20 dollars for re-packing TVs to move them.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

KingKapalone posted:

Definitely keep all the foam pieces and the box for your TV. Keep the instructions in there on how to take it out and then do that in reverse.

Not everyone has the space to keep a giant box full of foam pieces.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Internet Explorer posted:

Not everyone has the space to keep a giant box full of foam pieces.
It's a TV box that's like 6 inches deep. Everyone has the space.

Urethane
Dec 21, 2004

American McGay posted:

It's a TV box that's like 6 inches deep. Everyone has the space.

in a 1br or studio apartment without a storage unit of any kind that is not doable

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's completely doable. You'll just have to look at a TV box all the time.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I threw my TV box out yesterday and you can't stop me.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

If my C6 was flat I wouldn't have anything from it. Since it's curved, I'm retaining the foam pieces that fit in the curve to make it square.

The box itself takes up too much room though and I live in a 3 bedroom house.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Oh my god why are you idiots arguing about this I already said I still have the box

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oh my god why are you idiots arguing about this I already said I still have the box

Have you considered not throwing it out?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Because it's not all about you. :ssh:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Threw my E9's box out after I unpacked it. Movers are gonna pack it. If it breaks, looks like I'm getting whatever the next LG TV is! :getin:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Maybe an odd question/criteria, maybe not? Looking at a 55-60" tv to replace my (feels ancient) Hisense H8C. I'm looking at the H8G and Vizio mq7 (I can get the mq7 about $30 cheaper). Costco also has a 58" m6, but the specs are harder to find.

I game, but not with modern stuff. I normally play on a Mister FPGA or Super NT and very sporadically on a PS4 pro. The H8C just does NOT handle the Mister or Super NT well at all :(

I also have a Shield TV and a massive Plex library.

Can I please get a recommendation or goon opinions? Would like to keep it under $600, preferably from Best Buy because of free shipping..

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Residency Evil posted:

Threw my E9's box out after I unpacked it. Movers are gonna pack it. If it breaks, looks like I'm getting whatever the next LG TV is! :getin:

Not without another 6 years of procrastination over the fact a new model, tech or sale is just around the corner you wouldn't

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Butterfly Valley posted:

Not without another 6 years of procrastination over the fact a new model, tech or sale is just around the corner you wouldn't

A good point, however I think if I didn’t have any tv I’d buckle down and get whatever.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Captain Yossarian posted:

Maybe an odd question/criteria, maybe not? Looking at a 55-60" tv to replace my (feels ancient) Hisense H8C. I'm looking at the H8G and Vizio mq7 (I can get the mq7 about $30 cheaper). Costco also has a 58" m6, but the specs are harder to find.

I game, but not with modern stuff. I normally play on a Mister FPGA or Super NT and very sporadically on a PS4 pro. The H8C just does NOT handle the Mister or Super NT well at all :(

I also have a Shield TV and a massive Plex library.

Can I please get a recommendation or goon opinions? Would like to keep it under $600, preferably from Best Buy because of free shipping..

My vizio m7 arrives tomorrow I’ll post with my opinions after I get it setup if that helps.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Customer opinions are always good. :justpost:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Social Animal posted:

My vizio m7 arrives tomorrow I’ll post with my opinions after I get it setup if that helps.

That really helps thank you! The tv that works the best with my Mister right now is an ancient Vizio 1080p lol

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

That really helps thank you! The tv that works the best with my Mister right now is an ancient Vizio 1080p lol

And what do you know I’m currently using an ancient vizio 1080p right now! Praying this tv doesn’t burn my retina and brain like the lg oled did. :(

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
John Lewis are doing a £100 the LG CXs today if you're a member (it's free so just sign up for the voucher code). So I bought the 48inch with the accidental damage thing. Felt utterly sick paying that much money but I guess it'll be worth it. Especially as my current TV has just gigantic blue/purple splotches all over it now.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Looking at the TV's mentioned here it's like you are all from another planet. Here in the EU you only hear LG, Samsung and sometimes a little Sony.

I am probably pulling the trigger on the Samsung Neo QLED 4K 55QN95A tomorrow. My PS5 was just delivered 5 minutes ago, so yeah it's time. I am getting a deal where I trade in my old 46" HD tv and get a discount which brings it down to 2199 (from 2499 at this store). Then I also get 300 euro's cashback from Samsung, dropping the total of 2499 down to 1899. I'll probably still try a counteroffer with the store tomorrow, but I think it's pretty good deal as it is.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is the LG C1 or CX more expensive in the Netherlands than it is here? For that kinda money you could get that and have some leftover here.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Seconding an LG C1. I thought OLED was hype. But starting Resident Evil 8 on my (good in it's day) LED TV and then switching to an HDR OLED was a game changer. The dark parts of the screen just look normal now. I don't feel like I'm squinting to see stuff anymore.

SDR content is a bit underwhelming though. I can't tell if it's because I'm spoiled now or if I need to tweak SDR picture settings some more. I'm still a little bit confused by how some settings get grayed out and others show back up when I switch between HDR and SDR content.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

McCracAttack posted:

Seconding an LG C1. I thought OLED was hype. But starting Resident Evil 8 on my (good in it's day) LED TV and then switching to an HDR OLED was a game changer. The dark parts of the screen just look normal now. I don't feel like I'm squinting to see stuff anymore.

I've been playing RE8 on my new CX too and yeah, it's really incredible. So nice to be able to play dark games without having to crank the gamma so I can see.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Only thing that affects whether you keep your TV box is whether you have a girlfriend who literally orgasms from throwing stuff out especially if its yours

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

He is sarcastically saying HIS GIRLFRIEND likes to throw out his stuff to make space / tidy up the place.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
For those wanting to play panel lottery and void warranties, the AVS thread on the C1/G1 has discovered that if your C1 was one of the ones with the new WBE "evo" panel, you can change the personality in the service menu to be a G1 and then you get the 20% brightness boost. Nobody's posted a how-to yet, but I assume they're coming.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Qwijib0 posted:

For those wanting to play panel lottery and void warranties, the AVS thread on the C1/G1 has discovered that if your C1 was one of the ones with the new WBE "evo" panel, you can change the personality in the service menu to be a G1 and then you get the 20% brightness boost. Nobody's posted a how-to yet, but I assume they're coming.
Can you link this thread in question. I probably will not do it, but I am curious what panel I have.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

As far as I'm aware, entry to the service menu on a LG OLED requires a special service remote. I'd also be worried about whether the entire panel assembly is capable of handling the higher heat load.

VectorSigma fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 22, 2021

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Rusty posted:

Can you link this thread in question. I probably will not do it, but I am curious what panel I have.

Here's roughly the point where that discussion starts

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2021-lg-oled-c1-g1-owners-thread-faq-no-price-talk.3190432/page-131

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So far so good. Apple TV looks great with the Dolby Vision, RE8 on my PC runs great and the Switch is alright too. I mean this doesn’t match the LG OLED but it still looks awesome and doesn’t give me the eye pinching feeling the OLED was doing. Haven’t tried the retropie yet but I imagine it will be fine. I think you’ll like the tv and I got it from Best Buy as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Social Animal posted:

So far so good. Apple TV looks great with the Dolby Vision, RE8 on my PC runs great and the Switch is alright too. I mean this doesn’t match the LG OLED but it still looks awesome and doesn’t give me the eye pinching feeling the OLED was doing. Haven’t tried the retropie yet but I imagine it will be fine. I think you’ll like the tv and I got it from Best Buy as well.

Alright cool thank you! If I pick it up I'll report back as well