Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Art Vandelay?!
just kramering in here to tell you, that was george

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'm the most boring person in here you fascinating fucks

The gauntlet has been thrown.

(See? This was the most boring possible reply to your post.)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

mutata posted:

Oh for sure, man, whatever you say. Thanks for Kramering in with your useless critique on my completely innocuous comment in the general chat thread. Guess we're both boring obnoxious assholes.

Jesus chill man

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Seriously what the gently caress

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1395359145537294337?s=20

A bit surprised Sony’s managing to produce that many more consoles than Microsoft

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Something in the air this week with thread hostility...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Something in the air this week with thread hostility...
the fog has rolled in... time to start the feast

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sorry, my response was indeed overwrought, but I wasn't trying to be clever with my original comment either. I don't think it really warranted being called out in such a rude way as if I was being some kind of idiot for expressing my opinion in a conversation of opinions on a general topic thread. So yeah, sorry, but also sheesh.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
yikes pull up thread

e: I see it is in the process of pulling up as I was posting

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 21, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to beat Umineko tonight and I'm excited

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

One time I had what I thought was called nitro brew and it was like, a can of beer that when you cracked it did some sort of thing that make it foam like crazy to simulate a draft pour and it was pretty good! So then every time I've gotten a nitro brew coffee I'm expecting it to do the same thing and it never does and I still get mad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

yikes pull up thread

e: I see it is in the process of pulling up as I was posting

Broke: Pull Up! Pull Up!
Woke: DIVE DIVE DIVE HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mutata posted:

Sorry, my response was indeed overwrought, but I wasn't trying to be clever with my original comment either. I don't think it really warranted being called out in such a rude way as if I was being some kind of idiot for expressing my opinion in a conversation of opinions on a general topic thread. So yeah, sorry, but also sheesh.

Yeah, I do have to agree though In general if we're having a fun convo, saying you think the topic is vapid or whatever just doesn't really help anything.

If art discussion is boring to you, propose a new interesting games topic for discussion.

What have you been playing?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I need something to play for four days so I re-installed Let It Die. It's a bad game but I kind of want to beat it just to say I did

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ehhh ok. I see I made the classic blunder of posting. I'll try not to make the same mistake again.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's talk post post modern art

Who else has played yiik

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'm the most boring person in here you fascinating fucks

That's impossible because I just showed up.

Hi thread! I spent the past week trying to figure out a specific challenge in Fire Emblem Conquest. How's things?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Acerbatus posted:

Let's talk post post modern art

Who else has played yiik

Heard they were gonna update the game and there's no way I could stomach it twice so Im holding out

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Was there anything good about Yiik? I remember it got a lot of praise when it was released and a week later everyone hated it but I'm too poor to just buy some trash.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nobody every praised yiik

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

mutata posted:

Ehhh ok. I see I made the classic blunder of posting. I'll try not to make the same mistake again.

you should continue to post, perhaps about cool games you've played recently, just imho

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think any praise it got was from people who assumed that not a single jrpg had been made since their childhoods and making breathless pieces about how these brave indie developers were moving the genre forward, when in reality nobody involved had played one more recent than earthbound

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Let's talk about the grant morrison animal man comics

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Walla posted:

Was there anything good about Yiik? I remember it got a lot of praise when it was released and a week later everyone hated it but I'm too poor to just buy some trash.

the battle themes by toby fox and bo en were pretty good

im not gonna defend yiik but seeing all the stuff that got scrapped as well as what the original ending was supposed to be makes me fascinated by it. its never going to be good but its occupied a lot of my brainspace because of how much it fails on basically every level despite having a lot of stuff that would be good in any other game (assets, music, concepts, even some of the intended plot segments would work in a different game)

but im not gonna get into it because its a bad game and nobody wants to hear me ramble about a bad game that people should not play

Gaius Marius posted:

Using Elisa lams tragic death as an impetus for the plot is one of the most inspiredly moronic decisions I've ever seen on a game. It's like they set out to make a game everyone would hate and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams

this is inexcusable though, especially how the game actually handles it

Mix. fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 21, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I need something to play for four days so I re-installed Let It Die. It's a bad game but I kind of want to beat it just to say I did

let it die owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2k1zwDymw

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Using Elisa lams tragic death as an impetus for the plot is one of the most inspiredly moronic decisions I've ever seen on a game. It's like they set out to make a game everyone would hate and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey now, you can also successfully belittle a party member over the unimportance of their sisters death that they kill themselves.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

Oh wow, ick. The amount of media that has used that girl's death for inspiration is frankly disturbing.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The fact that the big update somehow decides to go even harder into the reference is perhaps the dumbest part of it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just watched spy kids 3d game over and am surprised to report that it is the best spy kids by a country mile

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

OneDeadman posted:

The fact that the big update somehow decides to go even harder into the reference is perhaps the dumbest part of it.
clearly the reason people didnt like our game is they didnt understand the dumb reference we made

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also i beat the demon of hatred yesterday! it wasn't too bad either. like i said on discord, when i first started fighting owl (father mode) i felt overwhelmed, like this was the wall I'd be unable to clear. i did in the end, but more importantly i didn't feel that way during the demon fight and i don't feel that way while learning the final boss. i will not hesitate

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lol these requests are such a roller coaster ride. even the ones with no direction that are quite complicated and that have a course full of steps can represent a world of difference in terms of consistency in lateral thinking like audino's is just 'hey i hear audino likes to dance, probably good odds outside' with a picture of its generic spawn point. theres really nothing in the logic of the request that would indicate this has anything to do with drawing a crowd, but you can notice over a period of familiarizing yourself with the pokemon around the area and when they do what, when they go where, what they do to what stimulus to build a story out of there being a general gathering around audino's zone you can consistently add to with different actions, on top of the reasonable theory that it'd like to dance to an audience. experimenting with seemingly unrelated tasks for the sake of it feed into this information flow like discovering the pokeball vivillion and subsequently having that pair head audino's way or catching the starly on the cabin roofs flying in a tight circle around near enough where audino is if you pester them off with hits from apples, and then other pokemon passively head that way over time too. multiple avenues of discerning enough building blocks to eventually put the solution together despite it require several disparate acts, a few of which are quite fussy and specific. it's the complete inverse of something like meganium's pal despite arguably being around the same tier of trickiness

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I mentioned this a long time ago but I think that there's a lot of ways that he could have used the Elisa Lam thing that I would have been totally fine with, but he instead just uses it as like...aesthetic? Which is loving insane.

There's an album I really like that has two songs that both prominently feature the Lam story, but it's about the artist's personal relationship with the story. The first song (Window Sash Weights) mentions it as something he came across and became obsessed with while he was doing a ton of research into true crime documentaries and serial killings (one of his previous albums had a song on it written on the day Richard Ramirez died and talked about his influence), and he decides to go to the Cecil hotel where both Lam and Ramirez stayed. The second song describes his actual stay at the hotel and him trying to piece together the info he's seen online, but ends up with him reflecting on him being basically a voyeur to the situation and that it's kind of hosed up for him to have been treating this like a game of detective when there's a pair of parents out there whose daughter died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bBxX1iQ84

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
In the interest of making this thread better I want to apologize to Zaphod for being a dick to you in the past. You're a good poster.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

drat wish someone would have told me today was opposite day, theres only 10 minutes left

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I want Ethan to shoot his severed hand off and rocket punch one of those smug Lycans

Yanking it off and there's some kinda Mega Man blaster under there is a close second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

tonight my friends and i played a rousing game of Battlegroup, the Lancer space fleet combat spin off, and we won in spectacular fashion and no ships of any importance were lost