Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CourtlyHades296 posted:

Cannoneer can wipe random enemies with Combine and EXP Up makes grinding quicker.
Honestly, I think CAN/CAN/CAN/CAN could beat the entire temple as long as you grind to 99 Elixir/Phoenix Down between every fight?

Gil Turtle: inflict Slow, kill it with Vulner Cannon to bypass counters, make sure to scam a Float from the Dancing Dagger beforehand (this is lots of rng to have that float last all fight, but okay)
Grand Aevis: inflict Slow, kill both the Elementals, kill it with Vulner Cannon to prevent them reviving because that's a counter to HP damage
Archeodemon: inflict Slow, kill it with Vulner Cannon
Guardian: this fight pretends to have gimmicks, but it really doesn't, you can't even do fun status ailment things
Enuo: phase 1 can be Slowed, phase 2 uh... Needle Cannon does more damage than most teams' usual offensive options, Vulner Cannon keeps you safe from the crazy counters
Omegas (mk. 1): vulner cannon lol
Omega Mk. II: inflict Slow, Vulner Cannon and pray
Neo Shinryu: let's get real you didn't make it past omega mk 2 but if you did, you can stick Slow and also Darkness lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/1394425865895776256

I am excited for the Fiesta.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fister Roboto posted:

I am excited for the Fiesta.
The only thing better than the choice of charity is how much it's going to piss off the kinds of people I enjoy pissing off.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

:siren: This is a :toxx: that will get you an exclusive role in the FJF discord :siren:

DID YOU KNOW: The Rune Chime is flagged as a Song-category attack!
DID YOU KNOW: Stompbot cannot evade music! (this is why you can stop lock him with bard)

CHALLENGE: Defeat Omega while your only source of damage is a Rune Chime.

You can use whatever supporting jobs you want. You may stop-lock. You may mix your Geomancer into godhood. No holds barred... but the only offense is the DING.

:20bux: to charity and a custom vanity title in the Discord of your choice to the winner!

This toxx... it was made for me...

The tragedy is that despite never shutting up about the stupid bell, Geomancer is the only non-Advance job that I have never rolled in five years of fiesta-ing. (Also I'd need to actually get in the discord, I guess.)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, I see we've reached the point of the year where the stopped clock is right.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Donating before the fiesta starts adds berserkers to the pool right?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Donating before the fiesta starts adds berserkers to the pool right?

Yes,

The real question is though is the conversion rate. It used to be fixed rate per zerker, but a couple times RK hosed with the numbers because too many people donated towards it and zerker risk became a cerzerkency for at least one per risker.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

FeyerbrandX posted:

Ah, I see we've reached the point of the year where the stopped clock is right.
whats wrong with RK

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Nihilarian posted:

whats wrong with RK

likes to use gilgabot to post Hot Gaming Takes

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It is incredibly tiresome to see yet another post saying FF14 sucks or Tactics or whatever and I always wonder why I don't just mute gilgabot outside of Fiestatime

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Join us. Mute Gilgabot. Register via the website instead of via Twitter. Live in blissful ignorance of mayonnaise-related shenanigans.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Guess I'm fertilizing the Berserker tree well and good this year.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

So I think last time I did this (some years and one OS flattening ago) I did it with the GBA version + Fiesta patch, what's the best GBA emulator these days? Still VGBA?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Jedi425 posted:

So I think last time I did this (some years and one OS flattening ago) I did it with the GBA version + Fiesta patch, what's the best GBA emulator these days? Still VGBA?

I'd suggest Bizhawk or OpenEmu, frankly.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Color Printer posted:

It is incredibly tiresome to see yet another post saying FF14 sucks or Tactics or whatever and I always wonder why I don't just mute gilgabot outside of Fiestatime

Honestly my view is that, if his worst crime is waving his unpopular and at times incendiary opinions about games and condiments around like a banner, I'll take it. Beats out like 90% of Twitter.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
I wouldn't care about his bad opinions if he kept them to his personal Twitter, but…he posts them through Gilgabot.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Also it almost always leads to one or two quote-retweets of dissenting opinions with "it's okay to be wrong" or something similar and it's just :jerkbag:

It gets to be a bit much.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Having bad gaming opinions is kind of in character for Gilgamesh when you think about it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedi425 posted:

I’ve been using VisualBoy for my GBA needs for yeeeeears because I am stubborn and afraid of change and it still works fine for me.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

You don't have to follow gilgabot :ssh:

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
MGBA is a much better emulator than VBA, and is pretty close to cycle-accurate. BizHawk's GBA core uses MGBA, and can make Tool-Assisted Speedruns verifiable on hardware.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

Having bad gaming opinions is kind of in character for Gilgamesh when you think about it.

In small doses, it's pretty funny if you pretend it's actually Greg making the tweets.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

yeah but VBA does everything I want it to and has never failed me so why would I get something else

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's :toxx: time, but I'm going to do something different this year. Everyone loves quadzerks, but how about quad geomancers or quad red mages? I'll throw in $10 per regular job that someone does a quad run of, and $20 for Freelancer/Mime/Gladiator/Oracle/Cannoneer. Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse.

e: No balance patches or randomizers, please. The point of this is to have the vanilla experience.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 11, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I hope that someone else takes up the all jobs toxx, but I've gotten bored with it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Isn't this year the 10th official fiesta? I know it was a thing longer than that, but I'm pretty sure 2011 was the first one to do it for charity.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

It's :toxx: time, but I'm going to do something different this year. Everyone loves quadzerks, but how about quad geomancers or quad red mages? I'll throw in $10 per regular job that someone does a quad run of, and $20 for Freelancer/Mime/Gladiator/Oracle/Cannoneer. Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse.
God, I hate that official Fiesta start is still a month away, I wanna try four Red Mages or four Summoners right now.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I feel obligated to try four geomancers, I've got discord rep to consider.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Leraika posted:

I feel obligated to try four geomancers, I've got discord rep to consider.

I did it last season, it's really not as bad as you might expect! You'll have to grind for Ifrit, Sandworm, and then Sol Cannon, but after that it's pretty much cake tbh.

(Because Geomancer is good actually.)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Poque posted:

I did it last season, it's really not as bad as you might expect! You'll have to grind for Ifrit, Sandworm, and then Sol Cannon, but after that it's pretty much cake tbh.

:hfive:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Project Demi is friend.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Poque posted:

yeah Geo rules; you have to grind for those bosses but you also have a free-insta-win-random-encounters button in !Gaia

Dancer, however, is absolute trash garbage and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Who fights random encounters? :confused:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Who fights random encounters? :confused:

How else are you going to grind your four Geomancers up to beat the bosses?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I did Sealed Temple once, when I got Thief/Beastmaster/Chemist/Canoneer. It's probably the best bonus dungeon team there is (maybe Summoner is better than Canoneer), and it still turned out to be a giant slog. Don't do Sealed Temple, kids.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You can, the probability is just incomprehensibly low. A Rune Axe has a 1/200 chance of hitting, quarter's Omega's defense, and might roll above that!

I think even perfect RNG wouldn't make the fight doable. You just can't do enough damage before Wave Cannon kills you.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It’s been years since I’ve played FF5, and I bounced off of last year’s fiesta because of work/needing surgery/COVID fuckery. Maybe I’ll try it again this year. Maybe.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ultrafilter posted:

How else are you going to grind your four Geomancers up to beat the bosses?

By loving myself more than willingly having four Geomancers. :v:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Poque posted:

Project Demi is friend.

Is there a Project Demi-equivalent for GBA yet, or am I stuck on SNES?

On a similar note, do the reward boosters in PD boost gil yet? I found it annoying how I could blitz past any XP/AP grinding I needed, yet grinding gil for rods still took forever.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

BisbyWorl posted:

Is there a Project Demi-equivalent for GBA yet, or am I stuck on SNES?

I have a multi-patcher for FFVA, but unfortunately the only PD-like patch included so far is double AP.

(It's open-source!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Samuel Clemens posted:

I did Sealed Temple once, when I got Thief/Beastmaster/Chemist/Canoneer. It's probably the best bonus dungeon team there is (maybe Summoner is better than Canoneer), and it still turned out to be a giant slog. Don't do Sealed Temple, kids.

I think even perfect RNG wouldn't make the fight doable. You just can't do enough damage before Wave Cannon kills you.

A couple of years ago I did sealed temple with white/sum/blu/zerk, only switching classes when absolutely necessary. Even with a team that busted, Neo Shinryu was pure and utter hell and for good reason.