Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The last time Batman did a CG show it barely lasted a season (and it not help coming after the stellar Batman brave and the bold)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I didn't mesh with Brave and the Bold as much as everyone else seems to (It's more hit or miss for me - good episodes and episodes I got bored with), but it really is a loving tough act to follow.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Is there even any posts of anyone actually freaking out about invisible man? Every tweet posted about this seems to be some second hand someone saying they saw someone else somewhere else freaking out. It's not like anyone has actually posted any actual examples of anyone seeming very upset at all. This feels like a made up issue.

The internet is so big that at any time someone can say "People are freaking out over (really minor thing)!" and it will be true, somewhere.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

And think I outed a low-key racist in one of my discord groups by posting the Clark, Lois and Jimmy design.

"The problem is Jimmy Olsen is such a white-rear end name"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The 7th Guest posted:

new cute superman just dropped

Oh this is adorable, they all look so adorable. When does this come out? I want to see all of these cuties in action.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Robindaybird posted:

And think I outed a low-key racist in one of my discord groups by posting the Clark, Lois and Jimmy design.

"The problem is Jimmy Olsen is such a white-rear end name"

My favorite little jummy olsen fact is that he was originally a Dennis the menace style bad boy and you as a reader were supposed to understand him wearing a bowtie as some super subversive move where everyone else was wearing suits and ties.

But then like years later when a new generation of writers came they sort of did "who's this nerd with a bowtie" and reframed him as a huge nerd-linger because all the significance of his cloths had shifted from him being a cool badass to a huge dweeb.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I watched Yellow Submarine again recently and it’s still quite a remarkable movie. Dry British wordplay and dad jokes, extremely trippy animation, great music obviously, and the pacing is a breeze. Still supremely enjoyable.

What’s the animation nerd’s consensus on the available Yellow Submarine blu rays? I’m thinking about upgrading my ancient non-anamorphic dvd.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The 7th Guest posted:

This is Jake's show! :3:

Jake Wyatt was our storyboard director on Florpus and my AD on Pantheon. He just left to do this and he's been working on it as long as I've known him. Sent him chocolate chip cookies and rye bread as a congratulations since we couldn't do it in person. And this was about 3 weeks ago, so they've just started. He's got his storyboard team in mind, but they hadn't even gotten PAs last we talked.

I've gotten the pitch version from him and y'all in for a real treat. It's so cool to see it pop up here!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Adult Swim just announced they’re picking up Smiling Friends, if anybody here is a fan of Psychicpebbles or Michael Cusack.

Adult Swim making some good moves after they did the Ventures dirty (and then less dirty).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYrCEamNs6s

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

Jimmy glued his tie to his pants.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Darth TNT posted:

Jimmy glued his tie to his pants.

A reverse Dilbert.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The 7th Guest posted:

Why is the girl from The Owl House manhandling Clark Kent?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DY_IkzPCI

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm kind of shocked that there hasn't been a 3D animated Land Before Time movie yet. Now that I've thought of it, it'll either be greenlighted soon, or is already in production. Perhaps you, or someone you know might even be working on it and aren't at liberty to say.

Kinda wanna rewatch the original.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm kind of shocked that there hasn't been a 3D animated Land Before Time movie yet. Now that I've thought of it, it'll either be greenlighted soon, or is already in production. Perhaps you, or someone you know might even be working on it and aren't at liberty to say.

I would agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if studios are keeping away from dinos after The Good Dinosaur wasn't the hottest poo poo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The last Land Before Time movie was 2016 so that works out.

Edit: That was the last Ice Age movie too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Fartington Butts posted:

I would agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if studios are keeping away from dinos after The Good Dinosaur wasn't the hottest poo poo.
Remember Disney's Dinosaur?

Anyway I think the problem is you don't really have Amblin/Bluth style animated films, aside from stuff out of Laika. If it's not Disney/Pixar it's DreamWorks stuff with too hip settings, stunt casting, and no confidence in the concept.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Good Dinosaur was a surprise flop from Pixar to be sure, but historically an aberration. Kids have and will always love dinos. Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom came out some time afterwards and while not necessarily a kids movie, I remember a large amount of kids at my opening night screening. And there's that Netflix cartoon.

But I don't really think they'd put a new Land Before Time in theaters, even with new fancy 3D animation. Unless it was a remake.

Edit: oh yeah, Disney's Dinosaur. I remember that looking pretty dull. I should pop that on D+ to watch it from a historical perspective.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

if they did the dinosaurs like bill watterson drew dinosaurs in C&H that'd be rad (even radder if they were riding fighter jets, like nature intended) but the good dinosaur's art direction rendering dinosaurs as play-doh was, absolutely not rad

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Revive TV's Dinosaurs in 3d

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Why is the girl from The Owl House manhandling Clark Kent?

Why wouldn't she?

Really says something about how even in the Silver Age, Lois could have her own book when so many writers since can barely carry a scene with her. Everyone forgets she was originally written as a goddamn spitfire who didn't take poo poo from anyone up to and especially Superman.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Were there any decent Land Before Time movies besides the first one (that's the only one I ever watched)? Apparently there was a cartoon at one point as well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The sequels were all trash.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I see no reason they wouldn't just do a different animated dinosaur thing, it's easy enough. But then again, 14 Land Before Time movies already exist somehow, so :shrug:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
What a weird coincidence. The Land Before Time came up on the Netflix recommend selection this morning and it was my 2 year old's first time to see it. He loved it.

As for a live action, Walking With Dinosaurs is as close as you're going to get.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Larryb posted:

Were there any decent Land Before Time movies besides the first one (that's the only one I ever watched)? Apparently there was a cartoon at one point as well.

I’ve never watched any of the sequels, but I watched a Jenny Nicholson review video of every Land Before Time movie and according to her there are two or three that were better than the original (but most of them were really bad).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How did that movie get so many DTV sequels anyway (which I think may be the most any film has ever gotten)? Was the original like super popular at the time or something?

Also I assume Don Bluth had nothing to do with any of them except for the original.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Larryb posted:

How did that movie get so many DTV sequels anyway (which I think may be the most any film has ever gotten)? Was the original like super popular at the time or something?

Also I assume Don Bluth had nothing to do with any of them except for the original.

It really was that popular, it only made $5mil less than Oliver and Company on release, and the sequels being pretty inoffensive fair filled with dinosaurs makes pretty good distractions for kids.

And you're right the only sequel Don Bluth had anything to do with is Bartok the Magnificent.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Come to think of it, has any other film animated or otherwise gotten as many (if not more) sequels as Land Before Time did?

Maybe Star Wars if you count the Ewok movies and the Clone Wars pilot.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 21, 2021

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Godzilla, for one.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Godzilla, for one.

Ah, of course

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Also watched The Iron Giant for the first time today, and wondered why it took me so long to do so.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i think detective conan also has a ton of movies

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i think detective conan also has a ton of movies

If you count movies based on TV shows there’s probably a lot more (I think Pokemon is up there by this point as well, and of course the Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Precure franchises that have at least a movie or two every year) but I was specifically talking about things that were originally movies to begin with.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 21, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, we have a plot summary for the second live action Sonic the Hedgehog movie:

https://twitter.com/Ninja_Risu/status/1395156544367603712

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I still think they should of saved Knuckles for the third movie so they could call it Sonic 3 & Knuckles :colbert:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Larryb posted:

IIRC: it was right when VHS copies of films had gotten cheap enough to be an impulse buy. The original Land Before Time was (re?) released on VHS one summer and became a huge hit. Universal thought, "why don't we push out another one of these and have a huge hit again?"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, has any other film animated or otherwise gotten as many (if not more) sequels as Land Before Time did?

James Bond

Edit: The MCU if you consider them all sequels of Iron Man.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Hulk and/or ironman 1 is the correct answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Larryb posted:

Air Bud if you include all the holiday specials and spin-offs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Bud_(series)