Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

they're gonna kill the isekai fad real hard real quick by completely oversaturating the market until even the isekai fans are sick of it

i just want to know what the next fad will be
  • Comfortable sneakers.
  • More hip-hop because japanese hip-hop is a delicious rabbit-hole.
  • Reverse cooking shows (nobody knows how to cook for squat and they mostly learn to cook so it becomes edible).
  • More Edutainment-shows like Cells at Work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Full Dive episode 6 looks like it was animated by the joke animators from that Buttlord GT strip.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wark Say posted:

• Comfortable sneakers.
  • Reverse cooking shows (nobody knows how to cook for squat and they mostly learn to cook so it becomes edible).

I'd be down for a cooking series that's just about making simple recipes at home :allears:.

Or just more Midnight Diner, at least :smith:.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
The best isekai is clearly Kuma Kuma Bear

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Wark Say posted:

• Comfortable sneakers.

Is reverse cooking where you turn finished meals back into their ingredients?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd be down for a cooking series that's just about making simple recipes at home :allears:.

Sweetness and Lightning (Amaama to Inazuma) maybe?
The manga even includes recipes at the end of some chapters.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Strange Quark posted:

the show thread is where you'd look for discussion on a show. it's easy to miss stuff in the general season thread

also makes it easier to avoid spoilers if you dont want to see the discussion
Yeah, I don’t watch new episodes of Zombie Land Saga as soon as they air so I avoid the dedicated thread but it would be nice to not have to risk seeing spoilers in this thread too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is reverse cooking where you turn finished meals back into their ingredients?
Underwhelming/realistic cooking shows, I guess? I dunno, just something where they cook and go "Ugh, it's okay, I guess" or "Hey, that tasted fine!"

Or hell, something that occasionally deals with someone tasting one of the characters' attempts at cooking and going :haw: "Wow! That was loving terrible!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that doesn't happen. whenever someone engages in detailed cooking everyone who eats it is required to act as though there's an electrode stimulating the pleasure center of their grotesque exposed brain. i think that simile got away from me a little.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like the gags in atelier ayesha where linca can actually do okay cooking when she has a teacher helping her, but when she doesn't she goes too overboard on what were supposed to be simple pointers because she's kind of scatterbrained and takes the things people advise her on too literally

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neddy Seagoon posted:

need an anime adaption of What Did You Eat Yesterday? (it already got a live action one)

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 21, 2021

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Isekai may be the big and flashy trend right now, but "Cute Girls get into a hobby but are very chill about it" has been on a sharp upturn the last few years. Stuff like Yuru Camp and Super Cub.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The time that genre dominated was more then a decade ago!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

those have been around pretty steadily since k-on, yuru camp was just a popularity spike since it was a good one and crunchyroll pushed it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unlike isekai, they do not bother me. so it's fine

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

ninjewtsu posted:

they're gonna kill the isekai fad real hard real quick by completely oversaturating the market until even the isekai fans are sick of it

i just want to know what the next fad will be

I'm hoping the mecha genre will return to it's former glory

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It probably won't. It's stuck in the dilemma of dropping in popularity so less people learn how to animate mechs since it's barely relevant as a skill beyond Sunrise, and then because fewer animators can do mecha it's harder to make a show that could potentially get popular. You could do CG but mecha is a boomer genre so outside of a big IP like Gundam or Eva or getting lucky with a dedicated fanbase like Fafner that's asking for a flop.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Willo567 posted:

It'd be nice to see a hard(-ish) scifi resurgence generally.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Willo567 posted:

back arrow is right there

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The world needs Frozen Teardrop.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah we have dynazenon, back arrow, 86, and godzilla right now, that's a pretty good spread

sunrise and satelight both have new mecha series in production for later this year too.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

dogsicle posted:

back arrow is right there

This week's episode is/was especially hype in terms of mecha content, so yeah. That's it.

THE BATTLESHIP FINALLY TRANSFORMED!

chumbler posted:

The world will collapse if you release such forbidden knowledge upon us.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

As like, the biggest mecha fan I've always thought the doom and gloom about the state of the genre was a bit ridiculous. There's usually one or two shows a season and that's fine. I don't think the genre will ever be as popular as it was in the 80s but it doesn't need to be.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The only mecha anime we need is Sevenger Fight.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Droyer posted:

As like, the biggest mecha fan I've always thought the doom and gloom about the state of the genre was a bit ridiculous. There's usually one or two shows a season and that's fine. I don't think the genre will ever be as popular as it was in the 80s but it doesn't need to be.
And as always, it's hard to follow up the act of Evangelion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if anything id say the mecha genre is on a bit of an uptick recently. not a major one but compared to the early 2010s it feels like we're getting more shows and a wider variety of shows in the past few years. ibo and gridman were decently big so maybe that has something to do with it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

chumbler posted:

gently caress NO, I was already tortured enough with Yashahime as it is, I don't need to watch another Sumisawa written anime

Grouchio posted:

Grouchio there were a ton of great mecha anime made after Evangelion

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Willo567 posted:

Grouchio there were a ton of great mecha anime made after Evangelion

darling in the franxx

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

despite being bad franxx proved that the younger folks will still watch a mecha series en masse if it hits the right notes

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Attack on Titan is the most popular mecha anime since Gundam Wing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Willo567 posted:

gently caress NO, I was already tortured enough with Yashahime as it is, I don't need to watch another Sumisawa written anime

you've watched one mediocre show you had no reason to get invested in in the history of a guy who's written on lots of classic and beloved anime. actually have you even watched gundam wing are you just cursed to watch any random sequels the guy wrote to 90s anime he worked on

however, i shall retract this if it turns out the eps of sailor moon s the guy wrote were the ones where everyone gets terrified for 20 minutes about the idea of having a lesbian crush

Grouchio posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

however, i shall retract this if it turns out the eps of sailor moon s the guy wrote were the ones where everyone gets terrified for 20 minutes about the idea of having a lesbian crush
do you remember the ep number of that one, i could check

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

do you remember the ep number of that one, i could check

i think it was ep 7

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i think it was ep 7
well that one was written by enokido youji, who also wrote the utena anime, so who knows

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the next trend should be OG-style magical girl shows like sarutobi ecchan and chappy the witch

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Willo567 posted:

The best isekai is clearly Kuma Kuma Bear

:hmmyes:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have no idea what this is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot9wInkhnVQ