Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Honestly I really hope that Rian Johnson is doing the casting first and just casting people he thinks would be cool to direct and only writes the script after he’s got everyone he wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

Honestly I really hope that Rian Johnson is doing the casting first and just casting people he thinks would be cool to direct and only writes the script after he’s got everyone he wants

Forget the script, I want to see them pull off an improv murder mystery.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah he seems to lack whatever it is that made his father a compelling leading man but he's not terrible from what I've seen.

It's height. Clint Eastwood being over 6 foot makes the fact that he's only ever played one character a lot less noticeable.

Chairman Capone posted:

Richard Dreyfuss' son.

Hated Zack Snyder so much that it got him fired. That was a great story. Real feel good moment.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I actually quite like Wyatt Russell in the handful of things I've seen him in. I don't know if he's awful or entitled in real life, but he has a pretty good presence in movies and can play both a quiet, brooding type or a gregarious goofy one in equal measure. Strangely, I didn't find him to look that much like his dad prior to Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but goddamn did he in that show. Which is maybe a good thing; I'd already developed an opinion on Wyatt Russell without inherently associating him with Kurt.

Meanwhile, I don't know what it is about Scott Eastwood, but I always feel like I'm watching him play dress-up as his dad. They keep casting him in action-y roles where he plays a soldier or a cowboy or something and it should work but somehow...the gravitas just isn't there.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Xealot posted:

I actually quite like Wyatt Russell in the handful of things I've seen him in. I don't know if he's awful or entitled in real life, but he has a pretty good presence in movies and can play both a quiet, brooding type or a gregarious goofy one in equal measure. Strangely, I didn't find him to look that much like his dad prior to Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but goddamn did he in that show. Which is maybe a good thing; I'd already developed an opinion on Wyatt Russell without inherently associating him with Kurt.

Meanwhile, I don't know what it is about Scott Eastwood, but I always feel like I'm watching him play dress-up as his dad. They keep casting him in action-y roles where he plays a soldier or a cowboy or something and it should work but somehow...the gravitas just isn't there.

I decided I liked Wyatt Russel when I found out he turned down some extremely lucrative role to be in 22 Jump Street.

I checked and it was one of the Hunger Games sequels. He made the right choice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For Hollywood kids there's also Jack Quaid who also looks nothing like either parent.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

muscles like this! posted:

For Hollywood kids there's also Jack Quaid who also looks nothing like either parent.

he totally has dennis' resting scowl face

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He def does! I couldn’t place his face and then I looked it up lol.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Enos Cabell posted:

Forget the script, I want to see them pull off an improv murder mystery.

That's James McAvoy's new movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Son_(upcoming_film)

I'm looking forward to it.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
There's also Maya Hawke, who was pretty good in her films and whose parents I was initially unaware of until a camera angle in Stranger Things hit her just right and suddenly I saw Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke in a single face and my brain broke in half for a moment.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Jake Busey is a walking warning label for any production he's in. He is the death of scenes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonna have to disagree with you there, chief. I can't imagine anyone else in his spot in The Frighteners.

I enjoy when he pops up in things.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Also can’t forget that Jake Busey was an absolute delight in Starship Troopers.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He’s pretty funny in PCU.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jake Busey is a delight. I was about to praise him for being in Wing Commander and Starship Troopers in the same year, but I forgot that Matthew Lillard was Jake Busey in Wing Commander.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Matthew Lillard was exceptional on FX's The Bridge.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Aside from Starship Troopers, I always think of Jake Busey as the fundie terrorist who blows up the first Machine attempt in Contact.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Jake Busey is a delight. I was about to praise him for being in Wing Commander and Starship Troopers in the same year, but I forgot that Matthew Lillard was Jake Busey in Wing Commander.

I always lol at the futuristic neon fiddle he's got in Starship Troopers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
He’s honestly perfectly cast in everything he does

Dumb shiftless slacker? Yup

Psycho killer who won’t stop smiling? You bet

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I just looked him up and he actually looks almost exactly like his mom, it's kind of eerie.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Gonz posted:

Matthew Lillard was exceptional on FX's The Bridge.

He was fantastic in Twin Peaks the Return too

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Anonymous Zebra posted:

There's also Maya Hawke, who was pretty good in her films and whose parents I was initially unaware of until a camera angle in Stranger Things hit her just right and suddenly I saw Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke in a single face and my brain broke in half for a moment.

This is also happening with Shiloh Jolie-Pitt.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RBA Starblade posted:

I always lol at the futuristic neon fiddle he's got in Starship Troopers

It's so good.

Really everything about SST is good and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

It's height. Clint Eastwood being over 6 foot makes the fact that he's only ever played one character a lot less noticeable.

Its more than that. You watch his classics and Clint had an inscrutable edge to him that made him the center of every screen.

His son disappears into the frame.

I dont know what it is. But Clint's got personality even if it is mostly being an rear end in a top hat

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Honestly you're better off hiring the empty chair rather than Scott Eastwood.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I didn’t realize who Scott was in Wrath of Man. He wasn’t bad, he just blended in. Which is fine.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Vandar posted:

That's James McAvoy's new movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Son_(upcoming_film)

I'm looking forward to it.

This is amazing

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1395816946549936130?s=21

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

How long has this drat reboot been in development hell?

I swear at one point it was going to involve the Immortals having guns for some reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's still the same director as last time so that's something. Still not holding my breath though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is it the same reboot that had that anime spin off from the animation studio that did MD Geist?

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
I think Scott Eastwood is the lead in some action b movie that recently shot in BC. Mel Gibson is also in it 😬.

I really liked Wyatt Russell in Lodge 49, but I haven’t seen him in anything else.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Its more than that. You watch his classics and Clint had an inscrutable edge to him that made him the center of every screen.

His son disappears into the frame.

I dont know what it is. But Clint's got personality even if it is mostly being an rear end in a top hat

idk I saw him in The Outpost recently and I thought he was pretty decent even if I was distracted with how much of a clone of his father he is.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
It's funny in hindsight that Clint's biggest critics in his heyday absolutely hated him because "he's not an actor, he doesn't do anything, he expends the minimum effort possible in front of the camera!", and now it's universally accepted that's exactly why he was so iconic - he didn't need to. He dominated the screen just by being on it. There aren't many megastars who have that same minimalism and yet absolutely draw the viewer's attention: maybe Cary Grant, John Wayne, Arnold?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There is a rumored Indiana Jones 5 plot leak and guess who Madds Mikkelsen is apparently playing? A Nazi scientist!

To elaborate, his character is working with Nasa under Operation Paper Clip and he wants to get to the moon for some sinister reason. Who wants to bet there's going to be ancient ruins there?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The whole story description sounds promising.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah I am def on board for that.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

The MSJ posted:

There is a rumored Indiana Jones 5 plot leak and guess who Madds Mikkelsen is apparently playing? A Nazi scientist!

To elaborate, his character is working with Nasa under Operation Paper Clip and he wants to get to the moon for some sinister reason. Who wants to bet there's going to be ancient ruins there?

Are they stealing the plot from spelunky 2 where Indiana goes to space then he kids and dog have to go rescue him?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
His dog... Mutt? Indiana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Payndz posted:

It's funny in hindsight that Clint's biggest critics in his heyday absolutely hated him because "he's not an actor, he doesn't do anything, he expends the minimum effort possible in front of the camera!", and now it's universally accepted that's exactly why he was so iconic - he didn't need to. He dominated the screen just by being on it. There aren't many megastars who have that same minimalism and yet absolutely draw the viewer's attention: maybe Cary Grant, John Wayne, Arnold?

In any of the classic Arnolds that weren’t The Terminator or Terminator 2, he was hamming it up as much as he could. Keanu would more fit in that vein.