Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Star posted:

Let me preorder goddamnit, just take my money

This is the one time I might actually preorder. To signal to paradox's bean counters that this is what I want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
missed the ground floor but still saying ground floor

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I don't see any demographic charts and tables in the steam screenshots, they better be in the game or else!

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

im excited to just bully other countries, all "GIMME YOUR LUNCH MONEY. GIMME YOUR WARM WATER PORTS. GIMME YOUR TRADE ACCESS." they will be cowering before my might.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

What if John Brown had succeeded.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

If they can pull off all or even most of the systems in that reddit post, this will be the GOTY.

Even if they don't, "a horribly ambitious mess where half the game does work but damnit if the half that does isn't good" is vicky 2 atm, and I'll buy a cleaner version of that for sure.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Vicky 2 was the first paradox game I ever played, and I'm unreasonably excited for this

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
The title should have been "War is a continuation of politics by means other than mana"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

What if John Brown had succeeded.

:emptyquote:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Grevlek posted:

missed the ground floor but still saying ground floor

God I'm excited.

Im happy at how far along it looked, hopefully they'll pull a CK3 where the announce and release in fairly quick succession.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I joined SA to post about Vicky 2. After all that time of being relegated to the general paradox thread it feels good to finally be posting in a dedicated Vicky thread

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

This is the one time I might actually preorder. To signal to paradox's bean counters that this is what I want

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Raenir Salazar posted:

The title should have been "War is a continuation of politics by means other than mana"

Mods

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Does anyone have a link to this fabled AzeriLP I keep hearing about?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Raenir Salazar posted:

The title should have been "the government doing more things doesn’t make it more communister”

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I knew when Wiz went quiet in 2018 it couldn't be anything but Vicky 3

Hoping he is able to pull across lessons from Stellaris, and they are able to build Vicky 3's pop system/economy from the ground up with optimised lategame performance in mind (is genuine multithreading too much to hope for?).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Demon_Corsair posted:

Does anyone have a link to this fabled AzeriLP I keep hearing about?

Might require archives:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3429306

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tigey posted:

I knew when Wiz went quiet in 2018 it couldn't be anything but Vicky 3

Hoping he is able to pull across lessons from Stellaris, and they are able to build Vicky 3's pop system/economy from the ground up with optimised lategame performance in mind (is genuine multithreading too much to hope for?).

Paradox games barely work on one thread, now you want multithreaded POPs? You’re going to end up with a patch that spawns 2 billion threads, one for everybody in the world.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Luigi Thirty posted:

Paradox games barely work on one thread, now you want multithreaded POPs? You’re going to end up with a patch that spawns 2 billion threads, one for everybody in the world.

Run it on the GPU, one thread per pop no problem.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Should be immortalized on LPArchive too

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mayor Dave posted:

Vicky 2 was the first paradox game I ever played, and I'm unreasonably excited for this

Absolutely :same:
I have a new computer I'm working towards (basically hoping GPU prices will become reasonable) and I suspect Vicky 3 will make for a good goal to look toward

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Beamed posted:

Should be immortalized on LPArchive too

Actually never appeared on the archives because Paradox hired him before the HoI section started.

I am uncharacteristically excited for Victoria 3.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Possibly my favorite Paradox LP thing ever is a short interlude in the Azeri LP in which Wiz played a mod called STEPPE WOLFE for EU which was supposed to cover all of history from the middle ages all the way to the modern age. As you might expect the whole thing was a complete mess and absolutely hilarious. Highlights of a 1990 start included the Soviet Union re-instating Tsardom, leading to Gorbachov, Tsar of the Comintern, Autocrat of the Proletariat, the resulting Soviet-Azeri Dual Monarchy, and obscene bonuses to Bulgaria which coincidentally happened to be where the mod author was from.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
as a bulgarian nation we receive several bonuses

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Possibly my favorite Paradox LP thing ever is a short interlude in the Azeri LP in which Wiz played a mod called STEPPE WOLFE for EU which was supposed to cover all of history from the middle ages all the way to the modern age. As you might expect the whole thing was a complete mess and absolutely hilarious. Highlights of a 1990 start included the Soviet Union re-instating Tsardom, leading to Gorbachov, Tsar of the Comintern, Autocrat of the Proletariat, the resulting Soviet-Azeri Dual Monarchy, and obscene bonuses to Bulgaria which coincidentally happened to be where the mod author was from.

Which Bulgaria tho? Didn't that mod have like, a double-digit amount of Bulgarias?

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
HOLY poo poo ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Read the big long data dump and it sounds like a great base for EU5. 1444 Start Date mod when?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
heres hoping they pull off that holy grail of concepts: making internal management interesting

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zedhe Khoja posted:

heres hoping they pull off that holy grail of concepts: making internal management interesting

Instead of painting the map, you're now painting your pops.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Honestly didn't expect this, hope it brings back the feeling of Vicky 1, I tried 2 but never got into it as much as 1.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gotta have my pops

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Gotta have my pops

They very fact that you call it pop pop tells me your not ready for it.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
i'm so ready for spreadsheets

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Truly the greatest April fool Paradox has ever pulled. It isn't even April!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

*Magnitude-ishly* pop POP!

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Lawman 0 posted:

Gotta have my pops

Once you pop, the fun don't stop.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Victoria 3 announcement... could this mean... Victoria 4 confirmed?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I am so hype for this. The kind of tending your national garden gameplay is exactly what I love about Vicky and what they're describing is making me really optimistic about it.

One of the things I like to do is boot up Vicky1 and compete with myself to see how powerful I can make Uruguay without conquering (just a bit of war to colonise for the prestige and trade for more claims) so I absolutely love the idea.

One of the things that I really hope they keep is the, idk, dynamism of V2? It was cool to see the way governments will pivot over time. I'm listening to the Revolutions podcast now and one of the things I've realised is that clumsy and awkward as the rebels mechanics are, they kind of work to represent the way that 1830 and 1848 worked out in France at least.

MinistryofLard fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 22, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

From the reddit thread:

quote:

You can have a Statist, command economy without being Communist. Communism itself, while it often goes hand-in-hand with a command economy, is now more directly related to distribution of wealth and political power. Communism is not when the government does things. The government doing more things doesn't make it more communister.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Semi-crossposting from the Paradox thread, but I'm extremely excited for this and especially excited that Wiz is heading this up and seems to know what makes Victoria so special as a series. Count me in as an instant preorder despite never preordering anything.