Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

DigiFes 2021 will happen on August 1st. It will be heavily Tamers-focused due to its 20th anniversary, including a brand new special drama written by Chiaki Konaka himself. Furthermore, the VAs of all of the important Tamers characters will be there (Masako Nozawa prerecorded her part likely due to her advanced age) - except Renamon's. Which maps to the CD drama. With a new drama, and this much focus on Tamers, it makes me wonder if Toei's planning on pushing forward with Tamers 2 following Konaka's vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
was bored so decided to both whip up a template for DIM Card style charts(as none of the existing ones I could find were big enough to use with the video game sprites I often like to use for these kind of things), and made a quick and dirty chart(open in new tab for full resolution) for an Agumon DIM that's not rear end like the official one;

I think I have an understanding about how the rules for the evolution paths on DIM Cards work(discounting Jogress) but actually working it all out kinda gets me cross-eyed, so I'll probably get that fully sorted out later after I get some sleep and can look over the chart again mentally refreshed(cause I think what I have in mind all lines up reasonably well but I'm not too sure and thinking too much about it right now is making my head feel funny)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
How readily available are the vital bracelets in canada? Or is this an order from amazon japan situation

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Adventure 20 episode 49: there wasn't very much in this episode, and while part of this is poor structure, the other half is that it's comical to expect that we in the audience should believe that Taichi might actually be dead. I'm not going to bother spoiling that he isn't because considering the show it absolutely is not a spoiler to say he's alive. Meanwhile, while it is possible to carry on and make an episode about people believing such a farcical proposition, I also don't feel it is much of a spoiler to point out that the episode was nowhere near good enough to pull that off.

Anyways, looks like it'll be Goddramon saving the day next episode, and that's at least different from Omegamon like I expected so that's nice. Will we get a fight scene that's worth a drat? Survey is still out on that one.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Improbable Lobster posted:

How readily available are the vital bracelets in canada? Or is this an order from amazon japan situation
You have to important it directly from Japan or catch a re-seller off amazon or ebay.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

officially Japan only right now but there's probably some local resellers, there'll probably be a proper Western release eventually though

drrockso20 posted:

was bored so decided to both whip up a template for DIM Card style charts(as none of the existing ones I could find were big enough to use with the video game sprites I often like to use for these kind of things), and made a quick and dirty chart(open in new tab for full resolution) for an Agumon DIM that's not rear end like the official one;

I think I have an understanding about how the rules for the evolution paths on DIM Cards work(discounting Jogress) but actually working it all out kinda gets me cross-eyed, so I'll probably get that fully sorted out later after I get some sleep and can look over the chart again mentally refreshed(cause I think what I have in mind all lines up reasonably well but I'm not too sure and thinking too much about it right now is making my head feel funny)

and here's the evolution paths for this, meant to do this earlier today but got sidetracked;

Greymon-> MetalGreymon, SkullGreymon, Vritramon

Tyrannomon-> MasterTyrannomon, MetalTyrannomon, MegaDramon

FlareLizarmon-> Vritramon, MetalGreymon, MasterTyrannomon

Tankmon-> MetalTyrannomon, MegaDramon, SkullGreymon

Vritramon-> AncientGreymon, WarGreymon

SkullGreymon-> MugenDramon, DinoRexmon

MetalGreymon-> WarGreymon, DinoRexmon

MasterTyrannomon-> DinoRexmon, AncientGreymon

MetalTyrannomon-> MugenDramon, WarGreymon

MegaDramon-> AncientGreymon, MugenDramon

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Omnicrom posted:

Adventure 20 episode 49: there wasn't very much in this episode, and while part of this is poor structure, the other half is that it's comical to expect that we in the audience should believe that Taichi might actually be dead. I'm not going to bother spoiling that he isn't because considering the show it absolutely is not a spoiler to say he's alive. Meanwhile, while it is possible to carry on and make an episode about people believing such a farcical proposition, I also don't feel it is much of a spoiler to point out that the episode was nowhere near good enough to pull that off.

Anyways, looks like it'll be Goddramon saving the day next episode, and that's at least different from Omegamon like I expected so that's nice. Will we get a fight scene that's worth a drat? Survey is still out on that one.

I mean the animation for the preview looks more smooth than the last two has been. It may or may not be a good one but it'll be animated at least.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

lol wait they pulled the "tai might be dead" thing twice? it was actually pretty impactful in the devimon episode, of course its not gonna work a second time lmao

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

mandatory lesbian posted:

lol wait they pulled the "tai might be dead" thing twice? it was actually pretty impactful in the devimon episode, of course its not gonna work a second time lmao

Yep, after the truly dismal fight with Mugendramon last episode it exploded and the rest the cast believed said boom took out Taichi in the process. Thus, a little more than half of this episode is about Hikari basically shutting down believing her brother is dead until Mimi convinces her to believe he might be alive. Non-spoiler alert: he is.

Incidentally, the reason it worked with DanDevimon was pacing and focus. That episode didn't lag at all and basically kept escalating right up until Taichi came back. It worked much more effectively in the moment with how they used the other characters, Taichi obviously isn't dead but Agumon freaking out as badly as he did definitely gave the scene much more weight.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also it used the fact that Tai/Agumon were clearly outclassed to make it less a matter of if the shoe was going to drop and more when.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I dunno, I thought it was decent. Of course Taichi wasn't dead, he's the main character.. and let's face it, the show is aimed towards people a third of our age at most.
This episode was more about how the other kids were affected by it than trying to fake the viewer out, or at least that's how it seemed to me. The DoneDevimon fight did his "death" better, but I think that was also a different type of situation. Don't get me wrong, the episode wasn't anything amazing but I thought it was nice to have some time with the other kids dealing with their emotions, especially Hikari. They probably should have just used Chimeramon instead of Gryphomon though.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Didn't they also do a Taichi's dead fakeout in Tri? Man they love to not kill that boy

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

womb with a view posted:

Didn't they also do a Taichi's dead fakeout in Tri? Man they love to not kill that boy

Tri was especially stupid because we know he’s alive from the 02 epilogue. That and it only really functions as a way to get Angewomon to dark digivolve and for Tai to conveniently find the lab where the 02 kids and Gennai were hanging out for some reason.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
didn't tri invalidate the epilogue anyway?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

zimbomonkey posted:

didn't tri invalidate the epilogue anyway?

I don't think it did? You might be thinking of the movie that came out after Tri, Last Evolution Kizuna?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'll say one thing for LEK: Adventure 02's epilogue is no longer the worst canon ending.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I thought 02's ending was still canon despite LEK?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Justin_Brett posted:

I thought 02's ending was still canon despite LEK?

It is! It really undercuts LEK a lot!

LEK: completely unnecessary

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I still want to see LEK despite everything I’ve read. Sub or dub?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Either’s fine

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I think it’s the same dub cast that did Tri so either works.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Well, I guess I’ll just watch whichever I find first.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I watched LEK for the first time recently, I rented it from iTunes

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

I think it’s the same dub cast that did Tri so either works.

Something tells me Vic Mingnogna isn't in it this time around for some reason :ssh:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Something tells me Vic Mingnogna isn't in it this time around for some reason :ssh:

Oh yeah, minus him obviously but I think most of the others came back at least.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This sure was an episode where nothing even remotely interesting happened in spite of being plot-critical, technically. Adventure: is impressive at feeling like it does nothing but waste our time. What an incredibly nothing episode for something as important.

At least it had one good looking moment, which was used twice in the episode so even that wasn't done great.

Next ep spoiler:
I wouldn't expect much of the next ep. Summary says it's a Taichi episode in spite of having Takeru and Hikari evolve, so I can't help but feel it'll be a repeat of the terrible BlitzGreymon episode but with good animation this time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, so it goes. Sounds like Adventure: is sticking firmly to the "every show either starts great or ends great" rule.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I feel like this episode could have made a solid first half of an episode if they cut out most of the fighting, the scene with Mimi and Hikari worked well and the imagery of the big moments was strong.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

1st Stage Midboss posted:

I feel like this episode could have made a solid first half of an episode if they cut out most of the fighting, the scene with Mimi and Hikari worked well and the imagery of the big moments was strong.

Exactly this. The episode is really put together quite poorly for the emotional beats wants to hit.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Good news, the BelleStarmon alt art is actually good

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Good news, the BelleStarmon alt art is actually good

That is so much better, holy poo poo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I demand more spear counterparts to the rest of the Demon Lords.

You don't even have to do much to Lucemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

I demand more spear counterparts to the rest of the Demon Lords.

You don't even have to do much to Lucemon.

Asmodeusmon with a huge, bare, rippling chest

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nodosaur posted:

Asmodeusmon with a huge, bare, rippling chest
Lilithmon (Adamon?) with a very prominent crotch bulge.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

I meant Asmodeusmon as the Lilithmon analogue

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

made the next of my DIM Card style charts, this time a non-terrible one for Gabumon(like last time open in a new tab for full resolution);

and the Evolution paths for it following DIM Card rules;

Garurumon-> WereGarurumon, MetalMamemon, Togemogumon

Drimogemon-> Togemogumon, WereGarurumon, Giromon

Monochromon-> Triceramon, GrounDramon, MetalMamemon

Cyclomon-> GrounDramon, Triceramon, Giromon

WereGarurumon-> MetalGarurumon, Craniummon

Triceramon-> Dorbickmon, BreakDramon

GrounDramon-> BreakDramon, Dorbickmon

Togemogumon-> Craniummon, MetalGarurumon

MetalMamemon-> MetalGarurumon, Dorbickmon

Giromon-> BreakDramon, Craniummon

went surprisingly smooth once I sorted out a couple minor hiccups

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Bowiemon

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I am unreasonably excited to receive my Vital Bracelet, enough so that I booted up Digimonogatari: Cyber Sleuth and have been riding the nostalgia of seeing my lil Digimon Adventure friends in video game form. :palmon: Digimon are cute and good

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It is time to celebrate the most noble of Digimon.

Numemon.
https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1397478866587987968?s=19

Gold and BlackKing have been added to the Digimon Reference Book.

Also Mamemon, with a card showing approximately all of them.
https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1397477617066971139?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
A number of alt arts of old cards were announced, my favorite one is Terriermon