Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/kennypalermo/status/1395445568994959363

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
robocop

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Radioshack

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
i will confess that i had never heard of The Lost Boys until now

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
lotta haters in the replies on this tweet saying that the second half of full metal jacket is bad. wrong wrong wrong

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

people who think tha t are extremely stupid

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its so different it might as well be a completely different movie but im not really sure how you get bad unless youre just upset that it depicts a generally sympathetic character doing war crimes for no reason and realizing this makes him a terrible person

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im too young for this but the first half was a huge boomer/xer meme for like 30 years so i assume lots of dumbasses watch it and get mad when the drill sergeant dies

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Aglet56 posted:

lotta haters in the replies on this tweet saying that the second half of full metal jacket is bad. wrong wrong wrong

The second half is way better unless you are just there to fetishize the military and boot camp. Both halves are essential though, everything is mirrored throughout.

Probably my favorite movie, once took acid and watched it three times in a row. Good time

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1395930380436312065

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Rich kid a shithead. More at 11

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

And they buy Konami and we have a new hell.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ms_creilly/status/1395587074909163524?s=19

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

another quote from chernobyl: we couldn't put a man on the moon, at least we can keep a man off a roof

being american should be included in the next DSM

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

drat, he spends the money from Selling Some Good News to Viacom on this? SMH my head

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Communist Thoughts posted:

I always liked how batshit BvS was. I watched the extended version pretty recently and it's even more insane.

It does totally collapse at the end though, up until they force batman and superman to fight its a genuinely political superhero film about how the American empire reacts to the threat of human liberation

And one where Jimmy olsen is executed for being a spook and the cia just watch via drone and its immediately revealed theyr evil and working with a pmc

Jimmy Olsen dies?? lmao wth lol

I thought Army of the Dead was pretty good. Snyder should have hired a DP though, it didn't look half as good as Dawn of the Dead outside of the big panoramic shots

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Aglet56 posted:

i will confess that i had never heard of The Lost Boys until now

you're in for a treat, it's so good

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i dont hate snyder and would rather watch his absolutely insane trash before another marvel movie, but 300 is still one of the worst movies i have ever seen; ugly, boring, for morons, etc

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i dont hate snyder and would rather watch his absolutely insane trash before another marvel movie, but 300 is still one of the worst movies i have ever seen; ugly, boring, for morons, etc

I saw it really high in theaters and there’s so much slow motion it was like watching a bodybuilding powerpoint slideshow

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/lachlan/status/1395747219018559489

i like how all these zhao puff pieces that are supposed to show shes a heroic free thinker against chinese oppression just end up making her sound like a pretentious twat

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"I lived in a place where lies are everywhere and didn't like it so I moved to England"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Judakel posted:

He had total control over army of the dead and results are mixed.

Everything Ive heard makes it sound like he wanted to make a Dead Rising 2 movie but Capcom would give them the rights.

Which fits with Jurassic World 2 seeming like they wanted to make a Dino Crisis movie but Capcom also wouldn't give them the rights

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

snyder's stuff is usually less than the sum of its parts (e.g. bvs dragged down by the terrible doomsday finale) but he's an honest to god visual director which apparently is out of fashion so that people can watch movies by just listening to dialogue while looking at their phone

for some reason the fact he treats mythic characters as mythic characters drives people nuts.
a bunch of villagers singing to aquaman while one cradles his cast off shirt like it's the shroud of turin - that small scene is more memorable than dozens of beige disney approved inoffensive to everyone porri dge

Nothing Zack Snyder does with the DC is even close to aa good as the DCAU did with these same characters 20 years ago and doesn't have edgy bullshit weighing ît down

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i sympathize with zhao as well because my dad was a steel industry magnate and i was sick of all the lies around me with no access to media from the outside.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

tfw the baby movie is actually like literature and mythology so youre an adult for watching it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
you fool. I watch them to remain a baby intellectually

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean if netflix wants to actually use the IPs that konami is sitting on for games then let them do it.

I think it would be more profitable to just sub contract it to an established company though.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Studying political science in a liberal arts college is literally one of the worst ways to figure out what is real.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

KomradeX posted:

Nothing Zack Snyder does with the DC is even close to aa good as the DCAU did with these same characters 20 years ago and doesn't have edgy bullshit weighing ît down

Yeah, but that's true with everything DC Comics has done in the past 20 years as well. Nothing that Zach Snyder did could top what Geoff Johns and Dan Didio already did.

Like, when the CW does a better job with your properties that you do, then you might have a quality control issue.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yeah, but that's true with everything DC Comics has done in the past 20 years as well. Nothing that Zach Snyder did could top what Geoff Johns and Dan Didio already did.

Like, when the CW does a better job with your properties that you do, then you might have a quality control issue.

This is also true. And HBO Max is apparently bringing back BTAS and goddamn I know they're going to gently caress ît up.

Also why is there no STAS Blu-Ray collection like with BTAS and Batman Beyond? World's Finest is one of the best Batman & Superman stories ever told and it has Joker & Harley, and more importantly Clancy Brown

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

KomradeX posted:

And HBO Max is apparently bringing back BTAS

shut the gently caress up

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh thank god, they're not doing a full on reboot it's just they brought back bruce timm to make a new show

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Robocop and it isn’t even close. I’d watch Robocop twice before switching theaters

Fleetwood posted:

Jimmy Olsen dies?? lmao wth lol

yeah in like the first scene lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

watched master and commander for the first time in a while. one of the all time great villain protagonist movies

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlexandraErin/status/1395742463583793160

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

StashAugustine posted:

watched master and commander for the first time in a while. one of the all time great villain protagonist movies

Hey now lucky jack is a hero and a patriot who feels guilty every time his hubris gets a bunch of his slave/child soldiers killed

And then he does it again lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

oh thank god, they're not doing a full on reboot it's just they brought back bruce timm to make a new show

Yes sorry I should have been clearer. Just alot of the discussion around that has been centered on it being a like a revival. Which Bruce was in charge if their animation over the last couple if years where they've made some of these dogshit movies. I did kind of like the Gotham by Gaslight movie that came out. So I don't know, I remain weary of it. But that Harley cartoon is supposed to be good so what do I know

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Blood Boils posted:

Hey now lucky jack is a hero and a patriot who feels guilty every time his hubris gets a bunch of his slave/child soldiers killed

And then he does it again lol

yeah russell crowe kills it but i appreciated mautrin a lot more on this rewatch. i should actually read the books i think

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I read the first one years ago. I respect how deliberately difficult it was to read and understand what was going on, but I also never picked up another so YMMV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
master and commander is frequently mocked for featuring the British as heroes, but were the napoleonic french much better? we're talking about a government that actively battled against the Haitian revolution after all. I hate to be the "both sides" guy but it's hard to see the French adversaries in master and commander as the real heroes of the story