Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah this was perfect for gamepass and it'll be pretty funny if they out-speed-run anthem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

MarcusSA posted:

I got my money’s worth because it was free lmao

You got what you paid for

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I played through the campaign and did a couple of expeditions, clocked around 20 hours in all. I enjoyed the game as a purely single player experience and think it was worth the asking price.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

MarcusSA posted:

I’m really just enjoying how my lady is having a poo poo day and can’t be hosed with a lot of this stuff.

Like someone gets sniped and she’s all just like *sigh* moving on!

I make a habit of playing that mission with people playing for the first time and its always funny hearing them kinda go "wait, weren't we supposed to save that guy" and then they just burst out laughing.

Solidly good mission, that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

For the love of god why does it take 800 years to sign into this single player game?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
they gotta save money after buying up other studios, cant work on the game that gave them the money that'd be sunk cost

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol patch got delayed again

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ChristianLukens/status/1395429354042118145?s=20

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Every time I'm reminded about Anthem I just get sad. Flying around in Ironman armor was fun as hell, but the release and patching was botched to such a horrible degree that I doubt we'll ever see something of a similar 'genre'.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i just want to be able to log in right away

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soonmot posted:

i just want to be able to log in right away

Not an empty quote.

This is legit making me not wanting to bother playing.

Obviously can’t use rest mode because the game kicks you out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wow at the massive spoilers in that tweet

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Square Enix is happy with Outriders, calling it the 'company's next major franchise'

https://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1395047095007170562

quote:

More than that, Co-Head of Studio at Square Enix External Studios Jon Brooke revealed that the average playtime of players throughout the game was quite impressive.

“With over 3.5 million unique players, average play times of over 30 hours and extremely high engagement for co-operative play, we and the amazing team at People Can Fly are so excited with this initial success,” Brooke shared.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

3.4 million are from gamepass.

I definitely wouldn’t have tried the game if it weren’t on gamepass that’s for sure.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Can someone copy / paste the patch info from Reddit? They still just link to reddit from their sqex.link URLs right?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

An average of 30 hours is probably exactly how long it takes for people to get to the part where they figure out endgame sucks, assuming they can actually login and play. There’s nothing wrong with a 30 hour game, but I feel like a looter shooter’s goal is to become a gigantic time vampire.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

An average of 30 hours is probably exactly how long it takes for people to get to the part where they figure out endgame sucks, assuming they can actually login and play. There’s nothing wrong with a 30 hour game, but I feel like a looter shooter’s goal is to become a gigantic time vampire.

that's all I played it for, 40 or so hours, and then I'll come back again when there is some DLC and new content. Have no interest in the gear optimization treadmill.

But I genuinely enjoyed that stupid game, it's story, and it's powers, and will be happy to play more when I don't need to optimize everything as that part's not fun.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lumpy posted:

Can someone copy / paste the patch info from Reddit? They still just link to reddit from their sqex.link URLs right?

No patch happened this week. New ETA is early next week.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Yeah, this seems like a good estimate. Once I hit the expeditions my enjoyment of the game fell off a cliff and I quit. The game was fun enough until then that I was willing to put up with the performance issues and numerous bugs, but the endgame is a soul-sucking endeavour that doesn't seem to have any real rewards of its own.

Also it's now 40% off on Green Man Gaming.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
All my friends stopped playing. I’m just playing to finish the storyline at this point. Do the expeditions finish the story or are they just an outside the story loot grind?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
They have some extra story in but if you want to experience everything but the true true end you can just do them all on the lowest tier.

And by some story i mean a little, it isn't much

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://steamcharts.com/app/680420

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Outriders is still doing way better than Avengers.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Any promiscuous person at your local nightclub has more people attempting to play with it than avengers, so that's not exactly a high bar.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

MH Knights posted:

Outriders is still doing way better than Avengers.

https://steamcharts.com/app/997070

Roughly seven times better. So not way better. Slightly better.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Is. Anyone running techno builds without the bullet skill? I was having fun on wt 8 with both turrets and tool of destruction, but I hit my accolades on them and switched up to tool, scrapnel, and pain launcher and wow does that suck bad. Had to dump down to wt5 because anytime more than one boss is on screen I am dead in seconds

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

RagnarokZ posted:

https://steamcharts.com/app/997070

Roughly seven times better. So not way better. Slightly better.

Seven times zero is still zero

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Soonmot posted:

Is. Anyone running techno builds without the bullet skill? I was having fun on wt 8 with both turrets and tool of destruction, but I hit my accolades on them and switched up to tool, scrapnel, and pain launcher and wow does that suck bad. Had to dump down to wt5 because anytime more than one boss is on screen I am dead in seconds

You can run a near unkillable minigun build with mostly tier 1 mods (basically all the minigun Tool of Destruction ones) one essential tier 2 (Toxic Lead), and with a couple tier 2s for extra damage. Double turrets, make sure you get the class node that makes your melee apply toxic. You want your gear to have anomaly and status power, and you just bust out the minigun and shoot things non-stop. You will over-heal any damage pretty much, and when things get close, punch them before shooting them to refill said minigun. The only downside is you are so slow waddling from place to place. But it is fun!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lumpy posted:

You can run a near unkillable minigun build with mostly tier 1 mods (basically all the minigun Tool of Destruction ones) one essential tier 2 (Toxic Lead), and with a couple tier 2s for extra damage. Double turrets, make sure you get the class node that makes your melee apply toxic. You want your gear to have anomaly and status power, and you just bust out the minigun and shoot things non-stop. You will over-heal any damage pretty much, and when things get close, punch them before shooting them to refill said minigun. The only downside is you are so slow waddling from place to place. But it is fun!

yeah I had more or less organically built that before I switched away to get the other accolades.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Well, logging in today my character is un-broken. Not exactly the same loot I had before but almost the same, and the character is playable, which is cool. Tried jumping into expedition matchmaking at 9:20pm pacific... came up empty three tries in a row. Playerbase maybe fell off?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think if the endgame expeditions weren't a time trial deal, the game would had stayed moderately active. With making the end game activity a speed run really kills people playing sub optimally.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It also doesn’t help that every new patch keeps people from enjoying the game.

https://kotaku.com/latest-outriders-patch-pisses-everyone-off-even-more-1846978486?utm_source=twitter

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That Kotaku article doesn't even link one of the better examples of tonedeafness from PCF. It's another post-patch video of someone seemingly being one-shotted but the dev response is that it's not a one shot, because if you do a frame by frame analysis it shows it's actually 2 hits in extremely rapid succession. :v:

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 27, 2021

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I genuinely have no idea what they're playing at. It's just loving bizzare.

The only thing I can think of is some weird dictat from on high stopping them tinkering with balancing in any way.

The fact that Tiago still hasnt rotated is just bonkers.

It makes me very worried for other square games.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Well, good news-wise I tried playing with a friend last night for an hour and only crashed twice during that time. Progress!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mebh posted:

The fact that Tiago still hasnt rotated is just bonkers.

Wait...WHAT?????

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
quit after trying one expedition last night after it took 5 tries just to get into one and it matched me with some dude in cancun or something

https://i.imgur.com/MvORwcX.gifv

also it really, really, felt like they nerfed damage again

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm just glad that I got 3 of the 4 classes to 30 and into gear while the Golem mod was bugged and the game still felt challenging enough. Ah, the golden days...

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I picked this up on sale and it consistently crashes after 20~ minutes of play. Is this a know issue with an easy fix? I tried running DX11 but it doesn't seem to help any. Game seems fun but it's annoying to have to re-do content all the time because of crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I picked this up on sale and it consistently crashes after 20~ minutes of play. Is this a know issue with an easy fix? I tried running DX11 but it doesn't seem to help any. Game seems fun but it's annoying to have to re-do content all the time because of crashes.

It's not you. The game just crashes constantly. "Game seems fun but..." is pretty much the tagline in this thread. Devs are done with it so it kind of is what it is.